Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit - that is to Leopard L - two of my posts got mixed up when site was hanging!

You have been so helpful. I noticed someone wanting to PM you and also wanted to suggest some caution in case it is press eg. Ie if they are asking for info.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your valuable insights today. Especially the amazing on the ground updates from @LeopardLeotard

Regarding the site where SE was found and how they connected WC to it .. it has been stated that they suspected him prior to arrest and kept him under close surveillance. He’s a police officer, he would have been nervous, I think he would have been hyper aware of being watched and followed after (allegedly) committing such a horrific crime. Did they place a tracker under his vehicle? Easy to do and would ensure they could keep tabs on him without having to literally tail him. Did he perhaps go back to the site in question and is that why they began searching there?

My other thought is that his behaviour had potentially become wildly erratic recently and perhaps he didn’t think clearly enough to switch off his own mobile phone the night he kidnapped SE. So perhaps looking back at his gps phone data led them there.

Something specific must have given them cause to begin searching that location. Unless he’s talking more than we imagine. But like others, I can see him using ‘no comment’ throughout.

The searches seem to be very diligent. As someone said their might be massive pressure and the police might even be taking this personally to do everything but even so there is only so much of what looks like a 3 bed semi you can go through.

Same with the garage location can’t see where it fits in. The site where the remains were found suggest that it was a case of the body being left there on the way back from Clapham. Wouldn’t make sense to drive back there.

But essentially if your suspect has access to a remote, large, derelict car garage with underground tunnels. Well, you’re going to search it aren’t you
Sometimes suspects keep objects from their victims, and very cleverly hide them from spouse and family.

Police missed finding the video recordings taken by Paul Bernardo of his victims, they were hidden in rafters above the ceiling tiles in the bathroom. They searched for days (and possibly needed a tip) before they found Helen Bailey's remains under plywood and a car parked in the garage. Many similar stories out there: IMO they will do their best to leave no stone unturned.

Why is it in 5 minute increments do you know? And only short clips?
I did have a look and noticed that a lot of 10 second snippets that corresponded roughly with the journey had been removed (that also included a 10 second snippet at 9.35pm on Poynders, a 10 second snippet at 9.40pm at Brixton hill junction and two further 10 second snippets at approx 9.50 leading up to that one mentioned above). I do feel like any cctv featuring WC and the car would have been removed as it’s evidence. IMO.

Media Advisory Notice – Disappearance of Sarah Everard

"the Attorney General draws attention to the requirement not to publish material that asserts or assumes the guilt of anyone who has been arrested. That is an issue to be determined by the jury if in due course there is a trial. The Attorney General also wishes to remind journalists and members of the public that it can amount to contempt of court to publish information relating to untested and unconnected allegations against the suspect"

Media getting a slap on the wrist..

Sexual offences against women need to be given priority. They don't come out for burglaries either. So what is it that they do come out for?

My view is that the police service is no longer fit for purpose, in many of its functions, e.g. pro-active, crime reduction and safer street streets initiatives seem to be a thing of the past.....long past!

Like the NHS was all but brought to its knees recently, so it is with the police service. It's down to under-investment throughout the whole of the criminal justice system for far too long, by all parties, which allows volume crime to grow unchecked and in turn an offenders progression to more serious crimes.

Never to diminish the extraordinary hard work and professionalism of the vast majority police officers, police staff and NHS staff.

I'll get my hat and coat and step off my soapbox.

Last edited:
I did have a look and noticed that a lot of 10 second snippets that corresponded roughly with the journey had been removed (that also included a 10 second snippet at 9.35pm on Poynders, a 10 second snippet at 9.40pm at Brixton hill junction and two further 10 second snippets at approx 9.50 leading up to that one mentioned above). I do feel like any cctv featuring WC and the car would have been removed as it’s evidence. IMO.

Why are they only in 5 min increments and for short clips? Do u know..? Can we not see it it fully? Like a half hour time?

I'll just leave the commenting I think.
Seems I'm out of my depth.

Hi - do feel you can comment :) If something is not an official link you can still post if you say its your own opinion (IMO) or speculation. Anything else needs to be backed up with a link from media or MET eg. Have a quick check of the rules on links from social media.

He's more likely to have been on dogging and swinging sites IMO. I might have a look through the more popular ones...

"the Attorney General draws attention to the requirement not to publish material that asserts or assumes the guilt of anyone who has been arrested. That is an issue to be determined by the jury if in due course there is a trial. The Attorney General also wishes to remind journalists and members of the public that it can amount to contempt of court to publish information relating to untested and unconnected allegations against the suspect"

I think it’s the same for every case but I guess felt the need to reiterate it for this one

I understand why LE are taking the full 96 hours and will charge at the last minute so they can keep questioning, but does anyone think there's any real risk that they may not have enough to charge him after all? And what would happen then? I mean, they would have to release him obvs but then realistically he's not going to be able to just leave custody and walk out on to the street in a normal way, is he?

Does anyone think there's a risk of release and if so how would/could it be handled?

Her phone....

She'd been talking on it.

Perhaps he was cruising for a victim....

Perhaps he saw her and circled a couple blocks....

Perhaps he parked a block or two ahead....

A matter of gross serendipity that her phone call ended mere moments before evil crossed her path, in the shape of a man but really a sick, demented human being.

What caused her phone to click off? And so quickly?

I can picture a car with the hood up, the boot open. Not threatening, just a poor bloke whose car had broken down. Untimely. Speculationing: Say, Miss, I don't mean to trouble you. Could I use your phone to call my wife?

Some people alarm us, some set us at ease. Perhaps he set her at ease with purpose. Lulled her, enlisted her help, preyed on her natural kindness.

And then.... he turns her phone off, bundles her in the back. Two minutes, tops. May well remove the sim card before he even drives away.

My sad guess, there's a digital trail of Sarah's steps that night, all indicating forward progression toward home. Until the point at which she should appear next but didn't. And within that snippet of time, only a car or two passing this way or that.

That alone would tell a story, provide a basis for a kidnapping charge....

And here we are.

Tragic ending. So brutal, so unfair.

My heart goes out to Sarah's family, friends, boyfriend. This is just atrocious. One sick, selfish actor deciding he can rewrite the story of another person's life. Stealing her from those who loved her best.

Worldwide, we weep with you.

JMO

Last edited:

Not just the media.

Approx 2.5 hours injury time if it was them the poster by the station saw

I saw those posts and thought they looked the wrong time of day, as the police statement said the injuries occurred during second night in detention.

Would the accused be in court in person when they go to magistrates for an extension?

Sarah Everard vigil organisers lose court challenge

The courts have ruled against the organisers of the vigil.

I think that's a shame, but I can see why they would not want people travelling to it (covid gathering rules, impact on public transport) JMO. But hope they will be tactful about small numbers of locals.
It makes sense to stop any potentially large gathering with the variants. They are simply potential superspreader events.

A gathering can happen when and if safer times happen.
The immediate aftermath is often only for the benefit of impatient activists.
I'm not sure when the Australian gathering took place, possibly on an anniversary? It looked to be dignified and lovely.

I think her family would appreciate a later event too.
It is far too soon for those grieving.

My view is that the police service is no longer fit for purpose, in many of its functions Pro-active crime targeting, crime reduction and safer street streets initiatives seem to be a thing of the past.....long past!

Like the NHS was all but brought to its knees recently, so it is with the police service. It's down to under-investment throughout the whole of the criminal justice system for far too long, by all parties, which allows volume crime to grow unchecked and in turn an offenders progression to more serious crimes.

I'll get my hat and coat and step off my soapbox.

I have nothing to add but the Like button didn’t feel appropriate for this superb take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1