UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep referring to her "boyfriend" on this thread, but all the media reports I've seen have only used the term "partner." Has anyone confirmed the partner is male?

I mentioned a few pages back but I saw some
social media posts on Instagram and LinkedIn from the partner’s brother and father respectively confirming the partner is male (“my brother”, “my son”).

It was very cold during the day on Wednesday so I definitely agree that Sarah was not warmly dressed for the weather - it will really have chilled down by that time of night. Being in London myself and a very regular walker I am slightly surprised by the distance she was planning to walk at that time of the evening. It is quite an empty part of London skirting the Common and with lockdown there are far fewer people around. I regularly walk alone after dark but I wouldn't have done that walk. I guess she knew the area well and was confident - we all have been walking a lot trying to get nearer to our 10,000 steps a day. But it just doesn't look like a really safe journey.
A few thoughts:
1) I also don't think 24 hours is a long time to be reported missing. I live alone and I think it would take longer for my absence to be noticed. I just don't respond all day every day to text messages. And even if she lived with housemates I think its possible for them not to notice straight away if she regularly went and stayed with her partner. I have lived in house shares and no one would immediately notice (though in lockdown life is a bit different). We just didn't monitor each other all the time.
2) I think it very unlikely she will have 'bumped into' a friend. Living in London with so such a large population if I was doing a walk of that distance I'd say it would be pretty unlikely I'd cross paths with anyone I knew. Particularly during lockdown at that time of the evening. Before you have kids you really might not have many friends or acquaintances in your neighbourhood.
3) She was obviously an independent person with a career. I think its perfectly possible that her partner wouldn't think it amiss that she hadn't texted when she got home or in the morning. I'd say quite a few English boyfriends don't check in on their independent girlfriends in that way. Some do but certainly not all. I don't think my ex would have done. I wouldn't have expected him to.
4) Although generally strangers are the least likely cause of crime rather than those that are closest to you, in this case I think its the most likely scenario. I think the most likely option is that she was attacked, assaulted and potentially disposed of in undergrowth or a pond. Less likely, but still and option is abduction. She is petite and would be easy to overpowered and put in a vehicle (with or without her earbuds in). Less likely I think taken into a disused building. Though of course she could have been taken into someone's home. A risky scenario but not impossible.

I'm sorry to say this all so dispassionately. It's very sad and extremely worrying. Just a very ordinary evening for her doing her best to stay connected and see friends after a day working from home during some very tough times in London after extended lockdown. I have no way of knowing about her mindset but I do quite doubt her doing herself harm. I think she would have been having a nice friendly chat with her friend and then chatting with her partner she was likely in reasonable spirits.

Most likely I think she was totally unlucky to have randomly crossed the path of someone who meant her harm. JMHO. So very sad for her.

No problem, I’m far from any sort of expertise on it but happy to pass on my understanding if it helps. I think there are multiple masts all over, with ranges usually up to a few miles at most, especially in populous places like cities. It’s why there is a suggestion that the Clarence Ave mast ‘ping’ could be the phone connecting in Clapham Common, but I think that puts SE walking through the Common incredibly slowly unless she didn’t actually leave her friend’s until a little later than 9pm, and also I wouldn’t be surprised (I don’t know for sure though) if there’s another mast nearer Clapham Common than Clarence Ave.

Thank you again! I think I am into conformation bias territory because I feel it's more likely if something happened it happened on the Common.

It was very cold during the day on Wednesday so I definitely agree that Sarah was not warmly dressed for the weather - it will really have chilled down by that time of night. Being in London myself and a very regular walker I am slightly surprised by the distance she was planning to walk at that time of the evening. It is quite an empty part of London skirting the Common and with lockdown there are far fewer people around. I regularly walk alone after dark but I wouldn't have done that walk. I guess she knew the area well and was confident - we all have been walking a lot trying to get nearer to our 10,000 steps a day. But it just doesn't look like a really safe journey.
A few thoughts:
1) I also don't think 24 hours is a long time to be reported missing. I live alone and I think it would take longer for my absence to be noticed. I just don't respond all day every day to text messages. And even if she lived with housemates I think its possible for them not to notice straight away if she regularly went and stayed with her partner. I have lived in house shares and no one would immediately notice (though in lockdown life is a bit different). We just didn't monitor each other all the time.
2) I think it very unlikely she will have 'bumped into' a friend. Living in London with so such a large population if I was doing a walk of that distance I'd say it would be pretty unlikely I'd cross paths with anyone I knew. Particularly during lockdown at that time of the evening. Before you have kids you really might not have many friends or acquaintances in your neighbourhood.
3) She was obviously an independent person with a career. I think its perfectly possible that her partner wouldn't think it amiss that she hadn't texted when she got home or in the morning. I'd say quite a few English boyfriends don't check in on their independent girlfriends in that way. Some do but certainly not all. I don't think my ex would have done. I wouldn't have expected him to.
4) Although generally strangers are the least likely cause of crime rather than those that are closest to you, in this case I think its the most likely scenario. I think the most likely option is that she was attacked, assaulted and potentially disposed of in undergrowth or a pond. Less likely, but still and option is abduction. She is petite and would be easy to overpowered and put in a vehicle (with or without her earbuds in). Less likely I think taken into a disused building. Though of course she could have been taken into someone's home. A risky scenario but not impossible.

I'm sorry to say this all so dispassionately. It's very sad and extremely worrying. Just a very ordinary evening for her doing her best to stay connected and see friends after a day working from home during some very tough times in London after extended lockdown. I have no way of knowing about her mindset but I do quite doubt her doing herself harm. I think she would have been having a nice friendly chat with her friend and then chatting with her partner she was likely in reasonable spirits.

Most likely I think she was totally unlucky to have randomly crossed the path of someone who meant her harm. JMHO. So very sad for her.

I agree with everything you've said. I feel very worried and sad because it feels to me like one of those 'random stranger' incidents. I have lived in London for 15 years and for all the crime we experience here this kind of thing is very rare.

They reached out to another housemate who confirmed she wasn’t in her room and the search began right away.

Sorry that's what I meant and after 12am is the next day -
Another housemate had to check if she was in her room - so imo it's easy for a housemate to sneak in.
But like you say we don't know the details in this case, if SE lived with anyone or not, so it's not really worth bickering about it, even in the nicest possible way.

Last edited:
Sorry that's what I meant and after 12am is the next day -
Another housemate had to check if she was in her room - so imo it's easy for a housemate to sneak in.
But like you say we don't know the details in this case, if SE lived with anyone or not, so it's not really worth bickering about it, in the nicest possible way.

It honestly is not my intention to bicker, but to me there’s a big difference in somebody being reported missing an hour after they’ve left their friends (as in the LS case) and almost 24 hours after they’ve left their friends (as in SEs case). Yes, the housemate was asked to check up on LS and we don’t know if SE was in a house share. But the thing that prompted them to check was LS failing to confirm by text that she’d made it safely home.

Perhaps SEs partner wouldn’t expect her to message to say she’s home safely, but I do feel that if a friend of mine was walking across London for an hour in the dark that I’d insist she confirmed she’d got back okay.

It does not matter if she did I have seen video's of police officers on you tube break them she was wearing a mask when she went into Sainsbury's I don't think she took that big of a risk not like she was meeting up with 20 people

I missed this. When and where was she going into Sainsbury's? Which one?

I live close by. Things I've seen so far:
  • Fri 6:20pm, Clapham Common, about 10 search and rescuers with rods on the greenery/paths area
  • Fri 10pm, 6 police with no apparent kit or dogs around Rush Common
  • Sat midday, 4 police with dogs, Rush Common
  • Sat 2pm, 3 search and rescuers on the grass, Brockwell Park
  • Sat 3pm, police knocking on some doors on our street & nearby, not all of them on a given street. Maybe only the ones with Ring doorbells?

It honestly is not my intention to bicker, but to me there’s a big difference in somebody being reported missing an hour after they’ve left their friends (as in the LS case) and almost 24 hours after they’ve left their friends (as in SEs case). Yes, the housemate was asked to check up on LS and we don’t know if SE was in a house share. But the thing that prompted them to check was LS failing to confirm by text that she’d made it safely home.

Perhaps SEs partner wouldn’t expect her to message to say she’s home safely, but I do feel that if a friend of mine was walking across London for an hour in the dark that I’d insist she confirmed she’d got back okay.

We seem to be going off on a tangent.

My original post referred to the fact that IF SE had a housemate, it's easy not to hear them come in.

Nothing to do with the time of being reported missing.

That's all I was pointing out.

We don't know if she lived alone or not.
LE said that they did not know whether she actually arrived home that night.

I’ve plotted the list of roads the police put out for the dashcam appeal and, assuming the appeal relating to Cavendish Road was in terms of cars driving north, the streets plot a fairly logical route of:

1) Exit through rear of Leathwaite Road onto A205 South Circular adjacent to Clapham Common
2) Follow that down to the A205, bearing left (in SE’s shoes) to remain on the A205 at the junction where Cavendish Road joins it
3) Continue on A205 to where Clarence Ave joins it (note: Agnes Riley Gardens are the other side of the road here, so could be of interest)
4) Continue on A205 then cut corner near Tesco Express onto New Park Road
5) Continue on this to A23/Brixton Hill, which is the road with the Sainsbury’s Local that looks like the one from the CCTV
6) Continue up A23 then turn right into Brixton Water Lane. This is pretty much straddling Tulse Hill and Brixton, which may explain the mixed reports in residence

This in reverse may be the route SE took to her friend’s.

If she then retraced it after she left, it might suggest the Common was not actually entered on her return. But doesn’t rule out that she was taken in there from the A205, or any of the other green areas along that route - Agnes Riley Gardens, Rush Common, top of Brockwell Park. The latter two might suggest her phone could have died near Clarence Ave/Agnes Riley Gardens and she carried on towards home.

Speculating a bit here I know, but trying to fit in the places the police have listed, the time stamps, the Sainsbury’s CCTV and the developments of a search team at Brockwell Park. Leading me to think Clapham Common is not where she is.

I do hope for a safe ending but it’s extremely worrying.

This is the worry for me too. LS brought me here as people don't really "go missing" without a trace, people wanna know where people/friends are 24/7. My fingers are crossed for the contrary.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed this. When and where was she going into Sainsbury's? Which one?

I don’t think it’s been reported exactly which one, but there’s CCTV stills and accompanying reports that SE bought wine on her way TO her friend’s house that evening. I’ve checked Google Street views of a number of Sainsbury’s stores in the area (Brixton, Tulse Hill and Clapham) and the one that I personally think looks closest (it’s the narrow-ish door and layout of tiles and slabs near the door/street) is the Local on Brixton Hill (A23).

Agnes Riley Gardens is a pretty small park, lots of dog walkers and without much undergrowth, while location wise it would be of interest I would be hugely surprised if someone wouldn't have found something the next morning if relevant.

Thanks Bonjoy, that’s useful to know. I did think it looked on the small (and tidy?) side from Google, but admittedly that’s all I have to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee