UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Detectives hunting for a missing marketing executive were expanding their search today as investigators admitted that she appeared to have “disappeared into thin air”.

Ms Everard, 33, was believed to be heading to her Brixton flat after leaving Leathwaite Road at around 9pm, with the video showing her in Poynders Road. Investigators believe she took the busy A-road because it would have been believed to be safer than quieter back routes.

Police have searched Clapham Common where they believe she walked through but were today concentrating the hunt further towards Brixton and around Tulse Hill, with officers carrying out house-to-house inquiries.

Police widen search for woman who ‘vanished into thin air’
Seems to be a bit of a contradiction to me. If investigators don't believe she made it home safely, then I don't see the logic in thinking she took the safer route home.

people do just walk out on their lives....it happens

also, i don't think you need to be classed as 'vulnerable' to end your lifer even to consider suicide.....many people leave their families guessing

but then i think all of us are vulnerable right now navigating this pandemic

some people are private....you can't say no sign of life means foul playlist not true

Oh I completely agree regarding suicide, my point was the police don't seem to be hinting at this possibility atm.

Although people do completely walk away from their lives, it is extremely hard to do this these days without leaving some sort of digital footprint...unless you are homeless and living on the streets

It's hard to say if crime of that type is up or down. There have been crimes as I've seen them reported in the Evening Standard from time to time, but whether they have become less frequent I don't know. But one thing to consider is that attackers might be scared of being exposed to the virus.
Interesting thought about the virus.
Domestic attacks have definitely shot up during lockdown but that’s a slightly different thing I suppose.

This “disappeared into thin air” language from the police could well be a smokescreen. I doubt that the police would be so public that they are nowhere in this investigation. Generally at this stage it’s more vague - lines of enquiry, reviewing footage etc etc

The phone going dark pretty much right after the call ended I think says a lot. The contents of that call I think determine the investigation to a great extent - If she's not mentioned she's going due to her phone dying and sounded fine was someone following her waiting for her to get off the phone? The alternative is she's turned it off herself and then doubled back to the Common - But surely she'd get picked up by the same camera and doorbell going back unless she crossed the road and then evaded the camera?

New here, just joined to follow this case. I live around the area and it’s really really hit both me and all my friends quite hard. We all feel very uneasy.
My best friend lives on Rodenhurst road which runs parallel to Clarence Avenue and you have to walk down Poynders rd to get there....I’ve done it many times at different times of day or night and not felt unsafe on that part. As soon as you hit Clarence ave that’s when it feels dodgy. The area around Londis and the local Sainsbury’s has a weird vibe to it and none of us would feel safe going by ourselves late at night. It’s quite derilict and you don’t often see people walking around. My housemate used to live on Clarence ave too and she said she would NEVER walk down alone at night which says a lot about the area.
My friend has just had press at her door asking how they feel about the situation and there’s more search teams nearby. Really hoping for good news but it’s not looking likely now...
Completely agree with all of this – Clarence Ave has a spooky vibe even in daylight. IMO someone in SE's position would have been extremely unlikely to walk down it at night unless they were either heading for an end point much further north than what seems to be known as her home address or they were in a panic and trying to 'lose' a potential follower.

Clarence Ave is also the only road on that side that you can take off Poynders Road before the Kings Ave junction that leads anywhere at all, the rest of the streets are a spaghetti junction of cul de sacs etc.

Searches around Poynders Gardens Estate too next door to Agnes Riley Gardens

0_37e56866-9684-497d-a15c-b929a53052fd.jpg

Updates on missing Sarah Everard as police search new park and pond

I think what they mean by that is that there was a possibility she made it home and then left again at some point. Just because there wasn’t a struggle or signs she’s STILL there doesn’t mean she didn’t get there and then leave again. Or someone she knew came round hence no struggle?
They are obviously leaving options open in that regard.

I have been posting about whether she did in fact make it home and then something happened. Its more obvious something happened on her walk but its still a possibility until its ruled out.

This “disappeared into thin air” language from the police could well be a smokescreen. I doubt that the police would be so public that they are nowhere in this investigation. Generally at this stage it’s more vague - lines of enquiry, reviewing footage etc etc

I agree - I think they are probably trying to trip up the perp

Does anyone locally know if this building is in use at the moment? Seems to have previously been used as a school called The Laurels, on Atkins road Link. It seems sort of isolated from view and just off her route where she was last seen on Poynders road. It has a large green space at the back and seems relatively easy to gain entry.

Good point - perhaps mention it to the Police to check?

I have been posting about whether she did in fact make it home and then something happened. Its more obvious something happened on her walk but its still a possibility until its ruled out.

If her phone was on it'd be easy to tell if she made it home as it would have connected to her home Wifi. Surely if her phone had died the 1st thing she'd do when getting home is put her phone on charge? Atleast I would...

Is it possible now with technology to locate the phone? would she have had the "find my phone" app or something , sorry not tech savvy. Also there are a lot of cameras along that route surely they can pinpoint when last seen and if she made it home? Did she live alone or with boyfriend , its not clear? Either she was abducted or attacked, if attacked then in 5 days i would have thought they would have found her? How was she when she left her friends? did she usually walk alone?
I hoping for a happy ending to this , but it does seem unlikely.

The phone going dark pretty much right after the call ended I think says a lot. The contents of that call I think determine the investigation to a great extent - If she's not mentioned she's going due to her phone dying and sounded fine was someone following her waiting for her to get off the phone? The alternative is she's turned it off herself and then doubled back to the Common - But surely she'd get picked up by the same camera and doorbell going back unless she crossed the road and then evaded the camera?

I think the contents of the call are probably key in the investigation - JMO

Seems to be a bit of a contradiction to me. If investigators don't believe she made it home safely, then I don't see the logic in thinking she took the safer route home.

She has probably done the same walk to her friend's many times, and like most naturally would, felt the main roads a safer bet than the quieter back roads.

Is it possible now with technology to locate the phone? would she have had the "find my phone" app or something , sorry not tech savvy. Also there are a lot of cameras along that route surely they can pinpoint when last seen and if she made it home? Did she live alone or with boyfriend , its not clear? Either she was abducted or attacked, if attacked then in 5 days i would have thought they would have found her? How was she when she left her friends? did she usually walk alone?
I hoping for a happy ending to this , but it does seem unlikely.

You can still track a phone if location services or celluar are disabled - You can't track a phone that's actually turned off.

For various reasons I feel this neighbourhood (and surrounding) holds a sizeable number of people unwell enough to commit the random attack. Or to become the prowler. The Met should be looking very closely at its VISOR list of anyone living within a couple mile radius, and shouldn’t be squeamish in investigating leads that otherwise might not feel politically correct. Severe mental illness in the area has to be considered. I speak as a bipolar person so please don’t think I’m targeting the severely mentally unwell.

Yes, having been physically attacked by two different individuals in that area (long time ago) who seemed either mentally unwell or high I don't doubt what you are saying either. I think lockdown affecting everyone is going to have a bigger impact if you are someone who struggles generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swexy