UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how the cameras work, if you click a live one and watch it seems to just replay a few seconds over and over then the archive shows stills every 5 mins.. I guess the Traffic guys and Police have more fluid access, it probably would be against privacy laws for members of the public to have access to fully live CCTV.. not sure?

Yes you could be right . I still find it a worry that they can be accessed even if they are delayed/ archived. You could work out someone's routine. Picture below is of one with only a 2 min delay Screenshot_20210308-123751_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210308-123343_Samsung Internet.jpg

A source close to the investigation said: “It’s like she just disappeared into thin air (after the last CCTV sighting). We think she went up Poynders Road because it’s usually busy and safer than the back routes.”

Who knows who the "source" is but perhaps the police really don't have much to go on atm...

Police widen search for woman who ‘vanished into thin air’

This makes me think the 'greying' of the Brixton Hill/Lambert Road CCTV between 21:30 and 23:45 on the 4th March is far more than just circumstantial. Makes me think that the Met have found significant POIs or indeed a vehicle or several that could be to do with SE in regards to dumping evidence. Someone mentioned it earlier about Libby Squires but they will have already narrowed down on CCTV elements that they want to keep from the public for now

EDIT: What also strikes me as odd is that the angle for the Brixton Hill camera has completely changed when it is back available at 23:45 on the 4th- it remained firmly on the junction for large parts of the day, yet from when it is 'greyed' it *could* be focusing on a POI instead of just the junction

Yeah that’s weird, the still at 23.50 in the 4th is a totally different shot than any other time? It’s like it pointing directly at a building, I think that’s a cyclist behind the post as well?

Brixton Hill Lambert Rd/2021-03-04 - TfL JamCams Archive

Sounds like the helicopters are out again at the moment over Brixton Hill. I live in Brixton Hill and just about to go out, so will update if there is anything of note happening.
If you happen to walk past the Lambert road/Brixton hill/Brixton water lane... any activity around here??

I also find it odd that the police aren't urging women to be more vigilant if out at night. It could be that they don't want to create hysteria but surely the publics safety has to come first if a potential attacker is on the loose.

This, combined with the searches of the common and ponds (going back on her route), does make me wonder if they’re still considering a possibility of suicide or deliberate disappearance.

If the phone call had been melancholy in nature, and if her phone was known to have been deliberately turned off, I could see this being a viable avenue for investigation. Big ifs, though.

For various reasons I feel this neighbourhood (and surrounding) holds a sizeable number of people unwell enough to commit the random attack. Or to become the prowler. The Met should be looking very closely at its VISOR list of anyone living within a couple mile radius, and shouldn’t be squeamish in investigating leads that otherwise might not feel politically correct. Severe mental illness in the area has to be considered. I speak as a bipolar person so please don’t think I’m targeting the severely mentally unwell.
They surely must be looking at this list already - politically correct or not. Perhaps this is part of what they are referring to as their “complex investigation”.

I wonder how the cameras work, if you click a live one and watch it seems to just replay a few seconds over and over then the archive shows stills every 5 mins.. I guess the Traffic guys and Police have more fluid access, it probably would be against privacy laws for members of the public to have access to fully live CCTV.. not sure?

They work like any other camera. Police have the ability to access the entire recordings rather than 5 min stills.

To the poster who was wondering about the figure in the background, this is a slightly less cropped shot I noticed on another poster, suggesting a pram or buggy next to her - not sure if this is a selfie or taken on the same day as Weds 3rd - but she is wearing the same coat/trousers it seems.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 12.45.53.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 12.45.53.png
    423.9 KB · Views: 249
with nearly a year of lockdown and not much in way of random physical encounters or being able to date/hook up then i'm surprised theres not been more would be attackers out there taking the plunge and committing the crime

i'd emphasise 'potential and would be' attackers because i'm only thinking of certain types. trying to be sensitive over this subject, probably not explaining very well but i hope some of you can grasp what i'm saying here

I’m a newbie. I’ve been reading this thread since
I heard about SE missing. I’ve been so concerned and hope she is safe.

I lived around this area for 10 years and much of that living off Lambert Road. I wanted to point out that many of the roads around there are one way, or if not one way then you can’t turn onto some of the bigger roads from the residential streets. So in my car I always had to exit my street via Lambert Road.

I only had a car towards the end of my time in the area but remember Brixton Water Lane being a key driving route in and out of the area as many others were one way.

This, combined with the searches of the common and ponds (going back on her route), does make me wonder if they’re still considering a possibility of suicide or deliberate disappearance.

If the phone call had been melancholy in nature, and if her phone was known to have been deliberately turned off, I could see this being a viable avenue for investigation. Big ifs, though.

There certainly must be a very good reason why the commons have been points of continual focus. If she had been grabbed and put into a car she could have been spirited away just about anywhere by now, but police seem to have good reason to think that this thing is very local.

New here, just joined to follow this case. I live around the area and it’s really really hit both me and all my friends quite hard. We all feel very uneasy.
My best friend lives on Rodenhurst road which runs parallel to Clarence Avenue and you have to walk down Poynders rd to get there....I’ve done it many times at different times of day or night and not felt unsafe on that part. As soon as you hit Clarence ave that’s when it feels dodgy. The area around Londis and the local Sainsbury’s has a weird vibe to it and none of us would feel safe going by ourselves late at night. It’s quite derilict and you don’t often see people walking around. My housemate used to live on Clarence ave too and she said she would NEVER walk down alone at night which says a lot about the area.
My friend has just had press at her door asking how they feel about the situation and there’s more search teams nearby. Really hoping for good news but it’s not looking likely now...

To the poster who was wondering about the figure in the background, this is a slightly less cropped shot I noticed on another poster, suggesting a pram or buggy next to her - not sure if this is a selfie or taken on the same day as Weds 3rd - but she is wearing the same coat/trousers it seems.
That was me. And that crop perhaps helps explain why she was crouching down (ie near a pram or buggy) rather than simply trying to get the figure in the background in the shot. She has her hood up and it rained on the 3rd March, but it rained on many other days too so that doesn't help at all...

This is really distressing. Her friends and family must be fearing the worst now :(

I’m almost exactly Sarah’s age and have lots of friends living in this area. I actually moved away from the U.K. fairly recently, although pre-Covid so I can’t comment on what the streets are like at the moment, but I wouldn’t say this is a ‘rough’ area by any means. There are always slightly dodgy areas or crowds to any part of London but I’ve walked these roads plenty of times around 9pm and never thought twice of it.

Praying for some hopeful news soon :(

with nearly a year of lockdown and not much in way of random physical encounters or being able to date/hook up then i'm surprised theres not been more would be attackers out there taking the plunge and committing the crime

i'd emphasise 'potential and would be' attackers because i'm only thinking of certain types. trying to be sensitive over this subject, probably not explaining very well but i hope some of you can grasp what i'm saying here

Sadly the instances of abuse and all sorts of other crimes have gone up since lockdown, while police have had to focus most of their attention on lockdown measures and providing medical support.

There are probably a lot of sexual and violent crimes that have disappeared under the radar in these circumstances. It will be interesting to see what role the lockdown situation might have played in SE’s disappearance when hopefully we get some resolution to this thing.

It's hard to say if crime of that type is up or down. There have been crimes as I've seen them reported in the Evening Standard from time to time, but whether they have become less frequent I don't know. But one thing to consider is that attackers might be scared of being exposed to the virus.

I don't think that this is all that unusual. Over a decade ago, my then partner went missing abroad (but was found quickly, although it wasn't a happy ending). We'd been together for 4 years and had lived together so it was a serious relationship, however from all the media reports you wouldn't have known I had existed. His mum was very protective of me as she had had previous (unrelated) experience of the media, and all the statements came from 'the family' or via the police, but I was very much involved in the background. I don't think too much should be made of the partner's lack of statement - as you say there could be many reasons that he has not been visible in the appeals.

Thanks for this info and sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member