UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This area of London seems pretty safe but whenever I'm in London I'm always amazed at how many people live there, the population density can be high with many houses divided up or sub let. I think if she was in Clapham common she would have been found, it's more likely she either entered a car or a house either with or against her will.

Seems to me the most likely scenario would be something happened along the A205 South Circular, as its a road through a city park at night, although I'm confused by the "Ms Everard's phone signal was last picked up near Clarence Avenue, in Clapham, where she left another friend".
I think that's a misquote.

Sarah Everard, 33, was last seen at a friend's house in Leathwaite Road in Clapham, London, at about 21:00 GMT when she left through the back gate. Sarah Everard: Family 'desperate' to see missing woman

Woollard said her phone signal was last picked up near Clarence Avenue, between her home and where she had met her friend.
Sarah Everard: Met police 'concerned' for missing woman

Quite a few sources are reporting the "where she left another friend" bit of information. "her phone signal was picked up last near Clarence Avenue, between her home and where she left another friend."

It seems another friend may have walked the first part of the route with her, s perhaps they were all at the friends house together. I think it's being downplayed a little bit to avoid any victim bashing for breaking lockdown rules as ultimately it's irrelevant and the priority is what happened after and finding her.

EDIT: or she met another friend at some point after leaving her friends house.

Sarah Everard: 'Increasing concern' for Brixton woman
‘Out of character’: Police release CCTV in search for Brixton woman
Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing from Brixton

I think it may be a 'friend' who has spoken to the press and is saying that it was a different/another 'friend' that SE had been to see that evening and not themselves.

Seems to me the most likely scenario would be something happened along the A205 South Circular, as its a road through a city park at night, although I'm confused by the "Ms Everard's phone signal was last picked up near Clarence Avenue, in Clapham, where she left another friend".

Unless she was at the friends house with another friend and they both walked back part of the way together and then split off in their separate directions? I'm of a similar age to Sarah and this is something I can imagine possibly doing.

This area of London seems pretty safe but whenever I'm in London I'm always amazed at how many people live there, the population density can be high with many houses divided up or sub let. I think if she was in Clapham common she would have been found, it's more likely she either entered a car or a house either with or against her will.

Hmm, that's arguable.

High crime rate, certainly in Brixton.

Crime Statistics for Brixton, London, Lambeth, November 2020

I’m inclined towards the (clumsy?) “another friend” reference being the friend who lives at Leathwaite Road that is not Rose Woollard giving the interview, as I agree with the poster above that suggests we would therefore know the route she took to Clarence Ave at least.

In terms of Clarence Ave, if we presume a home address of Tulse Hill near to the Brixton Hill A23 road, it does look to me that a safe-ish (ie main roads) route, that would be relatively similar in time to cutting through the Common and Clapham, would be to walk down the A205 main, accessed from the South Circulr version via the rear of Leathwaite Road. This is a main A road that runs next to Clapham Common but also, interestingly, Clarence Ave branches off of it. This may explain the ping on the phone mast? I am not sure if there is a closer mast to the A205 itself near to Clarence Ave or whether that mast would have picked up SE’s phone without her actually being on that road (Clarence Ave). Finally, the A205 then intersects with the A23 that has the Sainsbury’s Local I think she went into on her way to Leathwaite Rd.

All of this rests on her living closer to Tulse Hill than Brixton itself, but I think it’s possible that she could have taken the A23 down to the A205 up to Leathwaite, and then possibly retraced that route on her return?

edits: some clarifications

Unless she was at the friends house with another friend and they both walked back part of the way together and then split off in their separate directions? I'm of a similar age to Sarah and this is something I can imagine possibly doing.

I think if this happened it would have been reported from the beginning. Something similar to: Sarah and her friend walked together as far as X and Sarah continued along Y road.

Quoting this again, and now having read several times...!... Rose W here is talking about HER meaning SE, so if you read this and insert SE where I have bolded, it makes more sense! (I think!)

As was said up thread, NO other friend!

"...according to her friend Rose Woollard.

Woollard said her phone signal was last picked up near Clarence Avenue, between her home and where she had met her friend..."

Tulse Hill postcode is SW2. SW9 covers Stockwell, Brixton (part), and Clapham (part). SW4 covers areas of Clapham, Stockwell. Only two SE's shown on ER - one each in SW9 and SW4.

Great spot - the years would lean me more towards SW9. And Google Maps still suggests that would be around the 50 mins quoted by police/friends as a journey time if, yes, going via Clapham Common.

Very worrying.
The phone signal from Clarence Ave doesn't necessarily mean Sarah was with her phone though, right? ie. someone could have taken her phone and then it died or they switched it off in Clarence Ave. Sorry if this has already been covered.

rbbm.
Updates as police search ponds in Clapham Common in hunt for missing woman
0_Sarah-Everard-clothing-and-items.jpg

Police have released pictures of what the clothing Sarah was wearing and items she was carry look like (Image: Metropolitan Police)

''Sarah, who is described as “beautiful, thoughtful and incredibly kind”, left her friend's house using the rear gate on Leathwaite Road at around 9pm.

The gate leads onto the A205 South Circular where she is believed to have started walking towards her home address in Brixton.

The Metropolitan Police believe she walked across Clapham Common and should have arrived home around 50 minutes later
. It is unclear if she ever made it home.''

I've lived in London for over 30 years and unfortunately I don't think it would have been terribly safe for Sarah to walk through Clapham Common, alone, in the dark. (This is reminding me of the Iuliana Tudos case where she cut through Finsbury Park as a short cut home on Christmas eve a few years ago and was killed by local monster).

She's quite petite and although she looks fit and runs, still, she's a wee thing. And earbuds always concern me when we see the last capture of a missing person with them in. Because even if you have the volume on low, it can still be so distracting, a favorite song, a great podcast, audio books.

I'm not feeling especially positive about this.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member