UK - Sergei, 66, & Yulia Skripal, 33, poisoned, Salisbury, 4 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To your other comment about Trump not responding, he suprisingly did and I think he expelled some diplomats too and supporting what Canada and UK is doing. (by the way I can't believe I am defending Trump).

The state dept confirmed that Russia is free to replace the expelled diplomats in America. So it’s phony, toothless response.

I wonder if any other country is doing the same? Russia is blaming it on the UK now. They’re insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not call it aggressive by Russian standards. So far its just barking.

The frequency of provocative incidents have been increasing. The attempts at hacks into election systems as well as power grids and nuclear sites? Very scary!

One of their planes came within 4 feet of one of ours, and I think it was Estonia flipping out over their submarines getting closer than ever.
Suddenly we are back to the Cold War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awful. Could they not have realised the pets were in there?

‘They were given ANTIDOTES' Russia expert makes SHOCKING claims over Salisbury poisoning

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/9...kripal-BBC-Newsnight-Salisbury-poisoning-news

Newsnight presenter Evan Davis asked: “Does it tell us anything about Novichok in general though?

“Maybe this isn’t as powerful as we’ve been saying, or maybe this particular example of Novichok was older, or not as pure and maybe not even made in the factory you were working in?”

Dr Mirzayanov replied: “If it’s pure, of military purity, it should be ten times as potent as VX gas.

“But exposure to this Novichok gas, as with any nerve gas, is up to the method of exposure.

“To expose this Novichok gas to the door handle, they probably used solution.

I read article few days ago that cousin was planning to fly to London to pick up Yulia and get her back to Russia. Cousin attended press conference in Russia with regards to this case with two now high ranking politicians, hmm those two who by UK court were deemed responsible for Litvinenko assasination/poisening in 2006 on UK soil and Russia is refusing to extradict them to UK. (Instead they got big promotions after his murder)

No surprise she did not get visa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko

It added that it was "high time" to arrange a meeting between Boris Johnson and ambassador Alexander Yakovenko to discuss "the whole range of bilateral issues, as well as the investigation of the Salisbury incident".

https://news.sky.com/story/russian-...ng-with-boris-johnson-over-salisbury-11320273

Two days ago, Mr Yakovenko claimed the Foreign Office had failed to answer requests for information about the investigation in Salisbury.

He also denied Boris Johnson's claim in a tweet that Russia had a "motive" for targeting Mr Skripal.

"It's not true," he said. "Absolutely not true. We hear all the stories and the theories about our motivations. We don't buy it. For us, these kinds of statements are unacceptable."

He denied, too, that his country had ever produced novichok.

I would refuse to meet until he/ambassador Yakovenko admits that russia did produce novichok.

That is awful. Could they not have realised the pets were in there?

I don't see how they didn't realize pets were in the house. Weren't they supposed to investigate the house for source of poison? How do you lock animals inside the house to dehydrate and starve?

‘They were given ANTIDOTES' Russia expert makes SHOCKING claims over Salisbury poisoning

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/9...kripal-BBC-Newsnight-Salisbury-poisoning-news

Britain claims they don't have antidotes for Novichok. If this was an assassination attempt then it obviously failed. Which seems surprising given that we were told how deadly this Novichok is supposed to be. So either this Novichok wasn't as deadly as we were led to believe, or they got a really low dose. They are both recovering, so wonder if any of them knows something as to why they were poisoned? I am far from convinced that the supposed reason for poisoning UK came up with is the actual reason.

The precise way novichok is metabolised by the body is not fully known, says Prof Hay.

However, if someone can be kept alive long enough after the initial poisoning, then the body stands a chance of ridding itself of the toxin.

"The nerve agents are eventually metabolised and excreted from the body," explains the professor.

"So it's highly unlikely there is any nerve agent present… after even a couple of weeks.

"We don't know too much about how these compounds are metabolised, but we do know they would eventually be excreted."

It is possible that Ms Skripal, 33, and her father, 66, were sedated to reduce stress on the brain while the body flushed out the nerve agent.

https://news.sky.com/story/miracle-...skripal-survived-the-novichok-attack-11318984

This drug doesn't appear to be acting like we were led to believe it supposed to have been acting.
First of all they were apparently able to walk around for hours after exposure before collapsing. Both of them are now recovering. She reportedly called her cousin, sounded very normal, and said there are no lasting consequences. Obviously they didn't get the antidotes right after the exposure, or potentially never (Britain claims it doesn't have them). So, why didn't this supposedly deadly poison kill them?
So either delivery method didn't work (they got very low dose), or poison was old and degraded, or it wasn't actually a serious assassination attempt.

Or maybe the poison wasn't even Novichok? What we know about Novichok just doesn't seem to fit with what happened here. Onset supposed to be rapid and antidotes are supposed to be given immediately. None of this happened here, because they walked around for hours after exposure (considering it supposedly was on their front door). So they went to a restaurant and pub after exposure, and only then collapsed on the bench. Since UK didn't know what they were exposed to (original theory reported was fentanyl) it's highly unlikely they were given antidotes even hours after the exposure. It is also supposed to produce permanent injury. Yet they are both rapidly recovering, and least Yulia seems to able to talk normally. So it just doesn't fit well with what Novichok was supposed to have done.

Here is some scientific information about Novichok.
"Onset
Novichok is reported to be 5–8 times more lethal than VX nerve agent and effects are rapid, usually within 30 seconds to 2 minutes."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/novichok-agent

Britain claims they don't have antidotes for Novichok. If this was an assassination attempt then it obviously failed. Which seems surprising given that we were told how deadly this Novichok is supposed to be. So either this Novichok wasn't as deadly as we were led to believe, or they got a really low dose. They are both recovering, so wonder if any of them knows something as to why they were poisoned? I am far from convinced that the supposed reason for poisoning UK came up with is the actual reason.

Experts at Porton Down, as well as an independent panel of experts from around the world have identified the agent as belonging to the Novi class (there are variants). Not sure that the reason(s) matter particularly here -- the evidence that the agent originated in a Russian lab is very strong, and the Russian denials are neither consistent nor convincing. It's also noteworthy that similar strategies of distraction/denial were offered in the Alexander Litvinenko case, and ultimately found wanting.

I expect we'll learn more following the various inquiries.

Statement from Yulia:

"I was discharged from Salisbury District Hospital on the 9th April 2018. I was treated there with obvious clinical expertise and with such kindness, that I have found I missed the staff immediately.

"I have left my father in their care, and he is still seriously ill. I too am still suffering with the effects of the nerve agent used against us.

"I find myself in a totally different life than the ordinary one I left just over a month ago, and I am seeking to come to terms with my prospects, whilst also recovering from this attack on me.

"I have specially trained officers available to me, who are helping to take care of me and to explain the investigative processes that are being undertaken. I have access to friends and family, and I have been made aware of my specific contacts at the Russian Embassy who have kindly offered me their assistance in any way they can. At the moment I do not wish to avail myself of their services, but, if I change my mind I know how to contact them.

"Most importantly, I am safe and feeling better as time goes by, but I am not yet strong enough to give a full interview to the media, as I one day hope to do. Until that time, I want to stress that no one speaks for me, or for my father, but ourselves. I thank my cousin Viktoria for her concern for us, but ask that she does not visit me or try to contact me for the time being. Her opinions and assertions are not mine and they are not my father's.

"For the moment I do not wish to speak to the press or the media, and ask for their understanding and patience whilst I try to come to terms with my current situation."

http://news.met.police.uk/news/statement-issued-on-behalf-of-yulia-skripal-302508

Russian Embassy response:

The statement allegedly on behalf of Yulia Skripal published at Scotland Yard website is an interesting read. If everything mentioned there is true we cannot but congratulate our compatriot. However, with no possibility to verify it, the publication by the Metropolitan Police raises new questions rather than gives answers.

As before, we would like to make sure that the statement really belongs to Yulia. So far, we doubt it much. The text has been composed in a special way so as to support official statements made by British authorities and at the same time to exclude every possibility of Yulia’s contacts with the outer world – consuls, journalists and even relatives.

We are surprised by the point about the “access to friends and family”. Not a single friend or relative quoted by Russian or British media confirms such contacts. As far as we know, the Skripals have no relatives closer than Yulia’s cousin Victoria and their grandmother Elena (Sergey’s mother), who live together. A question arises: what family is Yulia in contact with?

We have also noticed the apparent contradiction between the phone conversation in which Yulia says to Victoria that “everything is fine” with her and her father, and their health condition as described in today’s Met Police statement.

Particularly amazing is the phrase “no one speaks for me” appearing in a statement which, instead of being read on camera by Yulia herself, is published at Scotland Yard website.

To sum up, the document only strengthens suspicions that we are dealing with a forcible isolation of the Russian citizen. If British authorities are interested in assuring the public that this is not the case, they must urgently provide tangible evidence that Yulia is alright and not deprived of her freedom.

https://www.rusemb.org.uk/fnapr/6478

OPCW confirms it was Novichok:

The executive summary released by the OPCW does not mention novichok by name, but states: “The results of the analysis by the OPCW designated laboratories of environmental and biomedical samples collected by the OPCW team confirms the findings of the United Kingdom relating to the identity of the toxic chemical that was used in Salisbury and severely injured three people.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-chemical-weapons-watchdog-confirms-salisbury

Russia had tested whether door handles could be used to deliver nerve agents and had targeted the email accounts of Sergei and Yulia Skripal since at least 2013, according to previously classified intelligence over the Salisbury attack that has been made public.

The UK released the intelligence on Friday linking Russia to the attack on the former double agent and his daughter.

The door handle and email claims were made in a letter from Sir Mark Sedwill, the UK’s national security adviser, to the Nato secretary general, Jens Stoltenberg. It is extremely rare for the UK to make such intelligence public.

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ndles-before-skripal-attack-uk-dossier-claims

Swiss lab analyzed the samples send by UK. Did they find BZ nerve agent in the samples, like Russia says? Shouldn't be that hard to verify, since there is a report.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back