GUILTY UK - Shana Grice, 19, murdered at her Brighton home, 25 Aug 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would seem that Shana liked playing with fire...i am not by any means victim bashing. I have a number of friends who enjoy leading these complicated lives relationship wise. A kind of "keep them keen" mentality so to speak. Almost always the situation has ended badly. I would like to think that ALL parties involved in this complex web were looked into by police before being discounted

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It would seem that Shana liked playing with fire...i am not by any means victim bashing. I have a number of friends who enjoy leading these complicated lives relationship wise. A kind of "keep them keen" mentality so to speak. Almost always the situation has ended badly. I would like to think that ALL parties involved in this complex web were looked into by police before being discounted

BIB that about sums it up for me. I really do hope the investigation has been very, very thorough and not just a case of going after the most likely suspect and fitting the evidence to that person.

It's getting even more confusing now, walking away from the house at 7:29 not towards it. Plus he apparently drove there but is seen walking. Unless he'd parked his car a short distance away. I wonder if they have any forensic evidence from his car.

I'd like to know if AC tried to get in touch with her, or if her work contacted him.

Graham Avenue seems to arc round in a 90 degree angle. If he's parked near the NW corner of it then walking South on Mile Oak Road would be taking him towards Shana's flat on Chrisdory Road.

He was later seen parking in Graham Avenue before walking south in Mile Oak Road, carrying what looked like a blue plastic bag at 7.29am, Mr Bennetts said.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15162290.Jurors_shown_CCTV_of_suspect/

Screenshot_20170317-014257.jpg

ETA: That screenshot from my phone looks super small. Clicking on it makes it bigger/readable for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170317-012115.jpg
    Screenshot_20170317-012115.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 17
And, from that same article ( Tortoise link ) Lane says the front door was open....
so did he close it when he left ?

Because ACs sister says it was closed when she arrived and when ACs father turned up, he has said he could not, initially, get into the house, until he realised the door was unlocked.

Did Shana's family live local? Im still struggling to compreyend why ACs family were the ones conducting the welfare check

Did Shana's family live local? Im still struggling to compreyend why ACs family were the ones conducting the welfare check

The electoral register says Hove, which is where Shana worked.

I think it's more likely that AC tried to contact Shana rather than her work contacted him.

And then I wonder why he would try to contact Shana at that time.

And, from that same article ( Tortoise link ) Lane says the front door was open....
so did he close it when he left ?

Because ACs sister says it was closed when she arrived and when ACs father turned up, he has said he could not, initially, get into the house, until he realised the door was unlocked.

It's slightly weird that they would try to bash down the door first and then find it was unlocked.

I think it's really unfathomable that he would be in a shop at 8.15 wearing a white top that he had just murdered Shana in.

[FONT=&quot]Police were called after Michael Lane, 27, pulled 19-year-old Shana Grice's hair and tried to grab her mobile phone last March 24, a jury was told.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Prosecutors said the incident happened as she walked down a road after leaving her home, unhappy that he had turned up unannounced, with her two housemates following a visit to a pub.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lewes Crown Court heard Lane was spoken to by police and denied Miss Grice's claims, before showing officers messages apparently confirming she wanted to be with him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a list of agreed facts read by junior prosecution counsel Amy Packham, no further action was taken against Lane.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But jurors heard Miss Grice was issued with a fixed penalty notice for failing to disclose she had been in a relationship with Lane, and for "having caused wasteful employment of police by making a false report".

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1516...e_after_assault_complaint__murder_trial_told/
[/FONT]

Opening the defence case, Simon Russell Flint QC asked Mr Lane directly whether he murdered Miss Grice and the defendant replied: "No."

Mr Lane said he took Miss Grice's key and let himself in because he wanted some answers and to "find out why we ended so abruptly".

He said he was not responsible for letting down Miss Grice's tyres, or making phone calls to her, but he admitted leaving the note on her boyfriend's car and fitting a tracker device to Miss Grice's car.

The court heard every time her car moved, he received a notification on his phone.

When asked why, Mr Lane replied: "Just to see where she was."

He told the court two days before her death, he had sex with Miss Grice at her home before he met her in a hotel later.

The trial continues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-39306323

I wasn't expecting him to give evidence. I hope we get some decent reporting.

ETA: Hang on. The​ prosecution has closed with so many unanswered questions, I hope it's a lot clearer in court.

[FONT=&quot]He added: "I just wanted some answers for why the relationship had ended. I thought I shouldn't be there."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lane denied being responsible for letting down or cutting Miss Grice's tyres or making heavy breathing phone calls to her from a withheld number.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But he admitted leaving a note on Mr Cooke's car which read: "Dear Ash, Shana has and always will cheat on you. Happy New Year."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lane said he left the note because he claimed Miss Grice had been cheating on Mr Cooke with both himself and another man called Wayne.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...iend-fined-wasting-police-time-months-killed/
[/FONT]

I can't believe the defence is up already. I'm still confused by so much of this!

He was on the witness stand for 2.5 hours. Surely there was more to report than that.

[FONT=&amp]After finding her body, Lane said he went to a McColl’s shop to get a lottery ticket checked. Mr Russell Flint asked him: “Why do that after seeing your former girlfriend slumped against her bed seemingly dead?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lane said: “Because I didn’t want what I saw to be true.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Lane said he came across Miss Grice’s dead body after deciding to pop round to find out why she had not left for work on August 25 last year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He told jurors he found the front door open and went in, adding: “That’s when I saw her slumped against the bed. She wasn’t moving. I saw blood on the bed and blood on the floor.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“She was in her dressing gown. I thought she was dead. I didn’t know what to do.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Asked why he did not call an ambulance, Lane said: “Because I was just in shock.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He said he saw no signs of fire and denied torching the room.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]And he claimed he had bought petrol earlier because he wanted to commit suicide after slumping into a depression triggered by the death of his grandfather.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lane said he left Miss Grice’s property and returned home but did not tell any of his family about his discovery.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He said: “I didn’t know what to do and I didn’t want to get the blame for it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]After showering, he said he went to get his lottery ticket checked, then later noticed blood on his white Lonsdale trainers.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“At this point sirens were going off, so I hid them along the road,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lane said he also got rid of a T-shirt after “panicking” amid the wail of sirens.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/u...ce-after-assault-complaint-murder-trial-told/
[/FONT]

So now Lane also knows she didn't leave for work??

He had a tracker on her car so he would've known it hadn't moved. Unless he thought she'd found the tracker. I wonder why he didn't remove it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back