GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He is alleged to have told officers that his 2001 victim may have been a vice girl.
She is said to have had personal problems and was presumed to have left the area.

They must have suspected who the victim might be or how would they know that she was alleged to have had personal problems.

Possibly from what CH told them.

Possibly from what CH told them.

If CH knew she was presumed to have left the area, then he must have known who she was and when she went missing. Obviously if that statement originally came from him, then he must have read/heard what was presumed about the victims whereabouts after the murder.

If CH knew she was presumed to have left the area, then he must have known who she was and when she went missing. Obviously if that statement originally came from him, then he must have read/heard what was presumed about the victims whereabouts after the murder.

It may only have been conjecture on his part. If she was a transient, then it would be natural for people to assume she had moved on.

Have a listen to the video on hear please, can anybody tell me why the case is seemingly to be moving much quicker than VT's ? I think I know why but would like others opinions. Thanks.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...ld_Office_Worker_Appears_At_Court_In_Swindon_

This case has moved quicker because;

a) having gone all CSI over the CCTV, the Wiltshire Police had a prime suspect lined up PDQ
b) said prime suspect then (it appears) simply fessed up

Had someone the foresight to install CCTV covering the entrance to that basement flat at 44 Canynge Road, then no doubt the same would have happened in the Jo Yeates case.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/859270-...hristopher-halliwell-my-pain-for-sians-family

Metro has 40-odd photos of the crowd of people waiting for CH and CH being taken in under a blanket.

[You might want to be well-prepared and have a box of tissues to hand. I needed them. Then again, you might not be generally as unhinged as me.]

Good for them! Did you see the speed of that big guy Dean Mayo on TV, he was almost as fast as the van. CH would be a snivelling coward if he was one to one with the likes of him, attacking vulnerable young women is more up his street.

Good for them! Did you see the speed of that big guy Dean Mayo on TV, he was almost as fast as the van. CH would be a snivelling coward if he was one to one with the likes of him, attacking vulnerable young women is more up his street.

I agree, good for them!! What an absolutely evil betrayal of trust, in his occupation as a taxi driver it was/is precisely to ensure the safety of our young ones when coming home from a nightclub in the early hours. His work gave him the perfect opportunity to entice a beautiful young girl to her death when she believed she was going to be taken safely home !! Its unbelievable.

I know. The caption says DM is a close friend of KR's, so I assume he probably also knew SO. And those guys with tattooed faces didn't look too friendly towards CH either. I do believe he'd've been torn to pieces if the crowd'd got the chance to lay their hands on him. I can't blame them. I'm not enthusiastic about capital punishment, but sometimes, hanging'd be too good for some people.

Very sad, the whole thing. SO's life ended in such a tragic way (brutally, too, apparently) and so early, and who knows how many other lives were destroyed by that, too.

Have a listen to the video on hear please, can anybody tell me why the case is seemingly to be moving much quicker than VT's ? I think I know why but would like others opinions. Thanks.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...ld_Office_Worker_Appears_At_Court_In_Swindon_

I think because the evidence against him is so compelling and he has already as much as admitted his guilt. So he'll plead guilty, no jury trial, he will be given a life sentence, all over quite quickly.

On the other hand Vt's defence may have a lot of police/witness evidence to study and probably contest. This will hold up proceedings, take a lot of time to prepare. VT will probably plead not guilty to murder and opt for a lengthy trial by Jury ?

I hope people won't take their anger out on CH's children, step-children, ex-wife, current wife/partner or other family because of what he did. It's bad enough they'll have to live with what he did for the rest of their lives.

I hope people won't take their anger out on CH's children, step-children, ex-wife, current wife/partner or other family because of what he did. It's bad enough they'll have to live with what he did for the rest of their lives.

I'd like to think no-one would be that stupid, but I think we all know that's not the case!
Good job by the police catching this guy so early. Poor Sian and the as yet unnamed other victim.

I'd like to think no-one would be that stupid, but I think we all know that's not the case!
Good job by the police catching this guy so early. Poor Sian and the as yet unnamed other victim.

Absolutely, and THANK GOODNESS for CCTV security cameras which led to this evil perp being caught !!

Thank you Aneurin and Whiterum.

I take from it much the same. So maybe the evidence against VT isn't as clear cut as I was thinking it might be.

knowing the police search might have unearthed the second remains, he gave them up knowing they were there and would possibly be found. maybe he was on some sort of power trip, maybe even boasting. i think he killed many people in the time period he gave but only left those two there and the rest in other places.

That would make sense if they were both buried at the same place, but surely it's highly unlikely that the second set of remains would have been found had he not volunteered the information.

maybe the evidence against VT isn't as clear cut as I was thinking it might be.

Well, by comparison we know nothing about the evidence in that case, or even the circumstances. Could be manslaughter rather than murder, which appears to be out of the question in the CH case.

I think the video you linked to might have been superceded by the tribute video from Sian's father so I haven't been able to listen to it.

Apologies if I'm missing something but I don't understand why it seems this case is moving faster than VTs

VT was arrested on Thu 20th Jan, charged Sun 23rd Jan, appeared before magistrates on Mon 24th Jan, bail hearing was Tues 25th Jan with the Prelimanary Hearing on Mon 31st Jan. That's a total of 11 days from arrest to Preliminary Hearing.

CH was arrested on Thu 24th March with a Preliminary Hearing set for 8th April. That's 15 days from arrest to Preliminary Hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back