GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now i've never murdered anyone before but I think it's strange that CH has said that he killed someone else between 2003-2005 and can't remember exactly when. I'd think it would be a significant enough event in someones life that they'd remember. Of course he could be lying.

I wonder what drove CH to murder that night and I wonder if Sian had not been at the club if we'd be reading about a different girl

A TEARFUL 17-year-old girl told yesterday how she was driven home by murder suspect Chris Halliwell on the night Sian vanished.

The teenager sobbed: “He dropped me off on Saturday at around midnight.

“He didn’t seem at all odd and we chatted on the way. He was talking about how his daughter was going into the taxi business. He just seemed like a smart, nice guy, not strange at all.”

This was only a few hours before he abducted Sian.

it might be the very fact that Sian knew his daughters that led him to killing her. Perhaps he said or did something innappropriate, at which point she mentioned she knew his kids and he killed her to stop her telling them?
Personally though I find it very unlikely that he would murder Sian and the other person so many years ago, and not have done anything inbetween.

it might be the very fact that Sian knew his daughters that led him to killing her. Perhaps he said or did something innappropriate, at which point she mentioned she knew his kids and he killed her to stop her telling them?
Personally though I find it very unlikely that he would murder Sian and the other person so many years ago, and not have done anything inbetween.

Good theory and very plausible. It's also possible that she's met him before and he took a liking to her

I agree that there are quite probably more. Maybe that's why he couldn't remember the exact date- getting his victims muddled up.

I did an advanced search on Google from 2004-present for LS I couldn't find anything, no appeal online for a missing LS?
Nothing not on blogs not on news either?

SORRY - I posted the above before I realised Yorkiegal had found the archived article on LS from the Swindon Advertiser - Well done BTW :¬)

Its not the norm for someone like CH to reach his late 40s and then start killing so I was wondering if there are two known killings, perhaps there is more to be discovered?

This is quite telling with a history of being abused...

Not an excuse but I can imagine it certainly didn't help CH.

Sarah told how her mother finally "dumped" Halliwell with a foster family when he was 15.

The sister said: "I will never forget the way it was done. We drove Chris to some council place and left him in a room for the foster people to pick him up.

"Then my mum and stepdad just drove home without saying a word.

"There were no tears from Chris at being kicked out of his own family. He just stared straight ahead. He told me he hated mum and had no feelings for her.

"The truth is my mother was a cruel woman and what she did affected me and my brother.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3492540/Sian-OCallaghan-murder-suspect-wasnt-normal.html

Thanks yorkiegal, I've been searching for info on this so-called missing girl for ages. Do these reporters ever do any research before printing these articles. Unbelievable, how they manage to keep their jobs, idiots !

the express said that there was speculation about LS. A clever way of putting it without actually saying that it could be her. I'm sure they already knew she'd been found safe and well but wanted to fill some column inches.

The Swindon Advertiser has a pretty good archive actually and has come in handy the last few days. Not sure why it didn't show up on google though.

The police will certainly be looking at other missing person records from outside of Wiltshire. Just because someone was abducted in Swindon, it doesn't mean they must have lived there. I read somewhere that CH is supposed to have said he thought she was a vice girl, which if true, could place her anywhere within easy travelling distance of Swindon (which at one time gained publicity for prostitutes visiting for the evening by rail).

It's also possible that she's met him before and he took a liking to her

The fact that he turned round and drove back after spotting her is suggestive, don't you think?
a camera in the High Street showed a car passing Sian and then turning back round and coming back to where she was.
(Swindon Advertiser, link above)

The fact that he turned round and drove back after spotting her is suggestive, don't you think?
(Swindon Advertiser, link above)

Yes it does, but he may not be a sexual type predator.

Given his background he may have a hatred of female figures. His mother was reported to have dumped him to foster parents when he was 15. His sister fails to say if she was also adopted or whether she stayed with the birth mother.

I wonder if she did, and if so why was 'he' was specifically adopted (if he was), unless he or his mother had some issues.

It has been reported that it is not thought CH had sexually assaulted his victim. The fact she was apparently found naked may also be to hide evidence and help a body decay more naturally, and to keep trophies. Rather than a sexual one, it could be just a power thing for him.

The more I think about it, I think we have serial killer and not just two victims either.

POLICE are continuing their hunt for information on a Vietnamese woman missing from Swindon since late June 2005
Hai Nguyen, 20 came to England from Vietnam in May 2003.
She was reported missing from her temporary home in Hesketh Crescent on the June 27 and is still missing.
Police believe that she may have gone to London to seek employment.
They would like to hear from anyone who has had contact with her since her disappearance or has any information relating to her current whereabouts.

I wonder if this woman is still missing ?

More than 10,000 people pay tribute to Sian

MORE than 10,000 people gathered at the Polo Ground to release lanterns and remember murder victim Sian O'Callaghan.
---
Well-wishers, young and old, joined in with the Lord's Prayer before releasing hundreds of balloons and lanterns - many with personal messages to Sian written on them.
---
A short distance into town, people were still laying flowers and tributes outside Suju - which has opened for the first time since Sian's disappearance.

the rest at Swindon Advertiser link above

POLICE are continuing their hunt for information on a Vietnamese woman missing from Swindon since late June 2005
Hai Nguyen, 20 came to England from Vietnam in May 2003.
She was reported missing from her temporary home in Hesketh Crescent on the June 27 and is still missing.
Police believe that she may have gone to London to seek employment.
They would like to hear from anyone who has had contact with her since her disappearance or has any information relating to her current whereabouts.

I wonder if this woman is still missing ?

It doesn't look like...

Doing well, off the cannabis trade in 2008

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/3856141.Ex_dance_club_boss_denies_drug_charge/

I noticed she was also still listed on the missing persons site, missing in "" comas :¬) probably on the run.

And found guilty in absence - http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/4000541.Drug_plans_go_up_in_smoke/ - has her living in Birmingham.

That's not to say that she didn't come back to Swindon, or that CH had or hadn't had contact with her????

It doesn't look like...

Doing well, off the cannabis trade in 2008

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/3856141.Ex_dance_club_boss_denies_drug_charge/

I noticed she was also still listed on the missing persons site, missing in "" comas :¬) probably on the run.

And found guilty in absence - http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/4000541.Drug_plans_go_up_in_smoke/ - has her living in Birmingham.

That's not to say that she didn't come back to Swindon, or that CH had or hadn't had contact with her????

Thanks Redgoblin, she probably absconded to escape prosecution.

Mind you, Nguyen is an extremely common Vietnamese name - it may not be the same person. According to Wikipedia, around 40% - yes, forty! - of Vietnamese have this surname.

Mind you, Nguyen is an extremely common Vietnamese name - it may not be the same person. According to Wikipedia, around 40% - yes, forty! - of Vietnamese have this surname.

Interesting...

Either way I often wonder how many so called missing persons are missing in the classical sense.

Thanks Cherwell :¬)

my first thought about the vagueness of dates was also maybe he has killed more people - if you did something like that, thats so far from "normal" you'd remember the exact date i'd imagine. knowing the police search might have unearthed the second remains, he gave the up knowing they were there and would possibly be found. maybe he was on some sort of power trip, maybe even boasting. i think he killed many people in the time period he gave but only left those two there and the rest in other places. its atrocious to take someones life but i find it strange he didnt sexually assault her, if he had then at least he could have used the low excuse of trying to shut her up from telling. all murder is senseless but to take a girl off the street,drive her off then kill and bury her is so so senseless. i wonder what will come out? if he gave up hers and anothers location so easily maybe he likes to talk and boast and will say why he did it?

Back to the body
Cabbie dumped Sian at new hiding place
Remains of victim No2 found in field

March 27, 2011

DOUBLE murder suspect Chris Halliwell MOVED Sian O'Callaghan's body fearing cops were on to him, we can reveal today.

Under cover of darkness, cabbie Halliwell went back to the grim scene to recover tragic Sian's corpse.

He then dumped her at a second hiding place, a police insider told us.

And when Halliwell was arrested he turned to officers and asked: "How did you catch me? Was it the gamekeeper?"

Read more: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/_news/1252698/sian-ocallaghan-killer-other-victim.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back