GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a tragic outcome for Sian and her family, this is even more so as we are told she knew this cab driver and his children, therefore, would have no hesitation in getting into his cab thinking she would be taken safely home. I have read that she only lived about half a mile from the club, so he must have come up with a story that he had to pick somebody, maybe one of his daughters that she knew up from a further location urgently, otherwise it would have been evident to poor Sian very quickly that she was not on route to her flat that she shared with her boyfriend. Car central locking would be presumably be on and maybe window locks but there must have ensued a struggle early on surely, whilst he was driving she would have been able to use her mobile to txt or call if she felt threatened, once again I suppose as she knew him she felt quite safe and didnt think of questioning his motive in giving her a lift home, after his next 'fare' which took them on a different, longer route.

I have never felt comfortable getting into a taxi alone at night, and if I have I have been constantly checking route we take and making sure it is correct and usually talk on phone to someone aswell so they know exactly where I am.

What items was he trying to get rid of in the woods. If the police were watching him they would have recovered them. Could it be trophies/ possessions he had kept from victims. Goodness knows what police may have found relating to missing/murdered victims also in the searches of his garage, garden etc: The police have said until the search of the field is completed they do not know what they are dealing with. I think they know they are dealing with a serial killer.

Daily Mail also has it (as does Sky, though all right now carry only the announcement that human remains have been found at the second site):

Second body found by Sian murder police after diggers work in farm field through the night

The report in the link tells us that TP who went missing in 2001 was found safe and well years ago. My goodness the poor woman could have read all the newspaper articles that were suggesting she could be the victim who could be buried in the field. I was wondering why the Sky News site removed her name from their report. It was too late because a lot of other newspapers and websites had quoted their initial words.

New statement from police:
---
Detective Superintendent Steve Fulcher said tonight: 'During interviews he [Halliwell] indicated that he killed a young woman at some point between 2003 and 2005.

'He could not be specific about dates or the year but did give the exact location of the body. He told me a young woman had been taken by him from the Swindon area.

'Officers have begun work to recover this second body and officers have found remains we believe to be human, at the location at Eastleach. Work is ongoing at the site.'
---
This would appear to rule out Linda Razzell, who vanished from the town in March 2002 after parking her car just a few streets away from where Miss O'Callaghan went missing.
---
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aghan-murder-2nd-body-diggers-work-night.html

So if the Mail is correct about TP and ES and they've been found safe and sound long ago (the Mail's the only MSM source in which I've seen that so far; others still have at least TP listed as missing), given the time frame - if Halliwell is telling the truth - then one person missing from Swindon who might fit the info may be

---
Speculation also surrounded Laura Stacey, last seen leaving the Destiny and Desire nightclub in Swindon on January 20, 2003.
---
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/236868

Also from the Mail:
---
Meanwhile, a post mortem examination on Miss O'Callaghan's body has revealed she had not been sexually assaulted.
---
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aghan-murder-2nd-body-diggers-work-night.html

That would fit in with the details given by CH. The year, the area abducted and the age. It could well be this young girl LS , missing since 2003.

Friends of Miss O'Callaghan have received approval from the Civil Aviation Authority to release hundreds of Chinese lanterns into the sky at 8pm tonight, from the Swindon Polo Ground.
:: Organisers hope people around the country will also release lanterns in her memory - details are available on the Facebook group Lighting Up The Sky, For Sian

What is a nice gesture from Sian's friends.

That would fit in with the details given by CH. The year, the area abducted and the age. It could well be this young girl LS , missing since 2003.

Other than the current press speculation, I can't find any links to her being reported missing - does anyone have any?

Other than the current press speculation, I can't find any links to her being reported missing - does anyone have any?

I did a search and nothing! I've searched for other missing people in the UK before and not been able to find them listed anywhere. Strange.....

Yes, the Express appears to be the only source internet-wide for that particular bit of info.

No, I can't either. Also some press reports say TP has been found safe, others
report that her family said yesterday she was still missing :confused:

Now i've never murdered anyone before but I think it's strange that CH has said that he killed someone else between 2003-2005 and can't remember exactly when. I'd think it would be a significant enough event in someones life that they'd remember. Of course he could be lying.

I wonder what drove CH to murder that night and I wonder if Sian had not been at the club if we'd be reading about a different girl

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back