GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so crushed yall, before the casey anthony hearing the daily mail was reporting they had arrested someone and that Sian may yet be alive, I was so excited that maybe we wouldnt lose another .... then after the hearing I check again and find out her body's been found....I'm too emotional today for this....not that I would feel better any other time but I am so upset right now, I had that stupid hope that she might yet be okay...

Very sad to hear about Sian......once again this could have been alot of us in our party days. Sian was unlucky.

One thing though, the LE have found themselves and about to jail a would be serial killer for sure. I would be checking everywhere he has lived and the missing people in those areas, though if he has admitted to 2 murders then this may (hope) have been his start into serial killing.

on the facebook page "help find' they have said that they have found the 2nd body

At times like this I don 't know how families survive this horror. Every parents nightmare come true. Prayers for the family of Sian.

Law enforcement AWESOME in this case. If only they had 'accidentally' hurt the perp.

I am just heartbroken. :( I was really hoping that she was just being kept somewhere.

Rest in peace beautiful Sian.

Murdered Sian is found dumped ‘with victim No2’

MISSING clubber Sian O'Callaghan was found murdered yesterday - as cops searched for the body of another woman killed ten years earlier.
Divorced taxi driver Chris Halliwell is believed to have confessed to BOTH slayings.
The huge hunt for Sian ended in tragedy - near an ancient giant white horse chiselled into a chalk hill.
And police who found Sian's body in a shallow grave were scouring the secluded beauty spot for the remains of a woman thought to have been murdered by the same killer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...aghan-is-found-dumped-with-second-victim.html

So he confessed to killing another? :( wow. This is awful.

Murdered Sian is found dumped ‘with victim No2’

MISSING clubber Sian O'Callaghan was found murdered yesterday - as cops searched for the body of another woman killed ten years earlier.
Divorced taxi driver Chris Halliwell is believed to have confessed to BOTH slayings.
The huge hunt for Sian ended in tragedy - near an ancient giant white horse chiselled into a chalk hill.
And police who found Sian's body in a shallow grave were scouring the secluded beauty spot for the remains of a woman thought to have been murdered by the same killer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...aghan-is-found-dumped-with-second-victim.html

So he confessed to killing another? :( wow. This is awful.

Is it normal murderer behaviour to kill someone and then wait ten years before killing another?

Is it normal murderer behaviour to kill someone and then wait ten years before killing another?

I don't think the word normal is something that can be matched to the behaviour of a murderer.

Peter Tobin (the Scottish serial killer) had some considerable gaps between some of the killings he was found guilty of (15 years). If as is suspected he was also responsible for the Bible John murders then he had two quite large gaps between bouts of killing.

If there is a very specific trigger or environmental factor that pre-empted the killings then it is possible that such a gap could exist.

As he seems to have confessed rather quickly and easily to having knowledge of these killings I would expect if there are any more we will find out about them very soon.

No. I wouldn't be surprised if he has killed numerous times. A 10 year span in between killings is rare.

Sian O'Callaghan was friends with murder suspect's children

TRAGIC Sian O’Callaghan knew murder suspect Christopher Halliwell, the Mirror can reveal.

The taxi driver’s children were friends with the PA, a source close to the family claimed.

Halliwell, 47, has two stepdaughters Gemma and Lorna, as well as his own children Natasha, Carissa and Shane.

The friend said: “Chris knows Sian so she would have not had a second thought about getting into a car with him.
---
“Sian knows him through his kids as they go out together and are part of a Swindon group.”
---

more at Daily Mirror link above

OT - but what does PA mean? Is it an English term, like car park?

Personal assistant. Heard more frequently in the U.K. than U.S., I think. It's used to indicate an office position whose job description requires handling any or all of a number of business or personal tasks.

He is reported to have told police that he thought the other buried victim was a vice girl. The police followed him on wednesday into a wooded area and he is thought to have disposed of an item there. Taxi drivers take fares to and from all areas, I am sure they will be checking his whereabouts over the years. I don't think the victim list will end at two, they are already looking into a possible link with MH's murder.

He is reported to have told police that he thought the other buried victim was a vice girl. The police followed him on wednesday into a wooded area and he is thought to have disposed of an item there. Taxi drivers take fares to and from all areas, I am sure they will be checking his whereabouts over the years. I don't think the victim list will end at two, they are already looking into a possible link with MH's murder.

There are also looking at a few other murders as well, I'll link to the article rather than given specific names here - http://www.anorak.co.uk/277072/media/sian-ocallaghan-murder-did-the-pagan-supermoon-make-chris-halliwell-do-it-and-other-theories.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179
Back