GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reports are a presser at 4:30 p.m., but I'm not sure what time that would be in the States.

Looked a little: It seems it will be in an hour from now. It is 3:30 p.m.

Reports are a presser at 4:30 p.m., but I'm not sure what time that would be in the States.

I think 12:30, as England hasn't "sprung forward" (till 03.27) on time change yet. Usually it's a six hour difference but five right now.

On Thursday afternoon a white tent was put up outside a semi-detached house in Ashbury Avenue, near Greenbridge, in Swindon.

A Wiltshire Police spokeswoman would not comment on its significance but confirmed a number of locations were being examined.

~snip~

"Forensic officers are searching the inside and the outside of the property and items brought out and put into a police van," he said.

Detectives are also searching a second location between Ashbury and Letcombe Regis, some seven miles east of Swindon.

An area of the road and the verge has been sealed-off and is being guarded by a number of police officers.

Much more at link (with pictures): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12845965

ETA: Quite a bit at this link on the video: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Video-Sian-OCallaghan-Man-Arrested-On-Suspicion-Of-Kidnapping-Office-Worker/Article/201103415959237?lpos=UK_News_Top_Stories_Header_0&lid=ARTICLE_15959237_Video%2C_Sian_OCallaghan%3A_Man_Arrested_On_Suspicion_Of_Kidnapping_Office_Worker

They've found her body. They have found TWO bodies.

They've found her body. They have found TWO bodies.

OMG RIP Sian:(, I wonder who the other is?? Sounds like they have got a serial killer in custody JMO

No further information on the identity of the other person.

LE very focused on the garage at the house. In one of the articles above, it was said that the house was "very significant" in terms of evidence (paraphrasing).

Oh, so sad to hear this. Thinking of Sian, her family and boyfriend, and the unidentified person and all who loved him/her. :(

Bless her heart, all just from taking a taxi at a club. She was doing what any normal young lady would do. So sad.

SIAN O'CALLAGHAN: Two bodies found

POLICE have confirmed they have found two bodies - one of which they believe to be Sian O'Callaghan.

A 47-year-old Swindon man has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and two murders.

Detective Superintendent Steve Fulcher and Chief Superintendent Steve Hedley confirmed the news at a press conference held moments ago at Gablecross Police Station.

They said they are confident that one of the bodies is that of Sian.
---

more at Swindon Advertiser link above

so sad, house being searched round corner from me - 2 bodies found!!

I must admit, I'd allowed myself to hope a bit, today - that perhaps she was being held and help was on the way.

Requiescat in pace, Sian. Rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back