GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A car park is indeed a place you park cars :) I think America calls it a parking lot :)

Thanks. I had thought it probably was, but I didn't know for sure till years ago when I was in Toronto and saw a "car park" sign - yes! there it was, a lot full of parked cars!

So....not looking good, is it. Authorities are said to be "very close" to finding her
but evidently have suspended the search till daylight, with "specialty dogs" to be
brought in. Which would seem to indicate they're looking for a body and not a
kidnapped woman being held by a crazed person living in a lonely shack in the forest.

I also wonder what to make of this, from the Wiltshire chief inspector:

"I want to emphasise that whilst there is no reason to believe there is any increased risk to anyone it is always wise to take basic and well known simple steps when we go out" (....)

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...N__Chief_Inspector____Swindon_is_still_safe_/

So - why no increased risk? a young woman has just disappeared off the streets of Swindon. It seems to indicate that they know quite a bit more about the circumstances of Sian's disappearance than they are telling (let's hope so) and perhaps it was not an abduction by a stranger.

dont think this has been posted yet -from the mail website -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-missing-Helpers-told-risk-finding-body.html

the headline makes me think they know she's there somewhere in the woods. cctv stills of her in the club. we have had a glorious day today, the first day of spring really here in the uk so at least the weather wont have been a hinderance for the searchers.

In the mail-on-line video report on the above link, the last video before the comments. you can see an older, heavy set, balding man, turning and watching Sian on her way out of the club. I would expect that the police would have already traced this man and spoken to him.

Sian O'Callaghan search: We will find missing clubber ‘within 24 hours’, believe police

---
Police last night said they still did not know if Sian, 22, was dead or alive.

But in a shock development, Det Supt Steve Fulcher claimed officers were optimistic of a conclusion within 12 to 24 hours from “significant lines of inquiry”.
---
Earlier yesterday, police said they feared she may have been driven off by someone she knew or a rogue cabbie within minutes of leaving the venue to make a half-mile walk home to the flat she shares with boyfriend Kevin Reape, 24.
---
On whether Sian would be found alive, Det Supt Fulcher added: “It’s really hard to say but obviously I still hope. We have significant lines of inquiry and I’m *optimistic we will have key developments over the next 12 to 24-hour period.”
---
more at Mirror link above

I have just read thru this thread and the report from the girl who had two dark skinned foreign guys trying to lure her into a car sent shivers down my spine. My girlfriend and I were backpackers 20 years ago in the UK and europe and party girls. That same thing happened to me after a night of drinking trying to walk home, they were from turkey or albania or similar. Re the unauthorised taxis, I was so shocked at how that was allowed to happen over there. "minicabs" and practically anyone could seem to get a licence to act like a taxi. This also happened to me and my girlfriend, we jumped into what we thought was a minicab and were basically robbed by a guy. The majority of the drivers are dark skinned foreigners and it is hard to know what is a minicab and what isnt.

I really think this girl has been taken into the forrest and raped and killed and I bet the other attack is linked.

In the mail-on-line video report on the above link, the last video before the comments. you can see an older, heavy set, balding man, turning and watching Sian on her way out of the club. I would expect that the police would have already traced this man and spoken to him.

I would expect he is staff, like a doorman / bouncer.

Although I can't say for certain?

On finding her they would probably use triangulation techniques, The technology of locating is based on measuring power levels and antenna patterns and uses the concept that a mobile phone always communicates wirelessly with one of the closest base stations, so if you know which base station the phone communicates with, you know that the phone is close to the respective base station.
Advanced systems determine the sector in which the mobile phone resides and roughly estimate also the distance to the base station.

Further approximation can be done by interpolating signals between adjacent antenna towers. Qualified services may achieve a precision of down to 50 meters in urban areas where mobile traffic and density of antenna towers (base stations) is sufficiently high. Rural and desolate areas may see miles between base stations and therefore determine locations less precisely.

Sian cops launch hunt for taxi

POLICE hunting missing Sian O'Callaghan are appealing for information about a taxi seen in the area when she went missing.

A green Toyota Avensis estate was spotted between Swindon and the Savernake Forest, near Marlborough, Wilts, shortly after Sian — who disappeared after leaving a nightclub — was last seen early on Saturday morning.
---
more at Sun link above

MISSING WOMAN: Police tow green taxi away from supermarket car park

POLICE this morning towed away a green taxi matching the description of the car they are looking for in connection with their hunt for Sian O'Callaghan.

The vehicle was loaded onto the back of a lorry and taken away after police swooped on the car park of ASDA Wal*Mart at the Orbital shopping centre in North Swindon.
---
more at Advertiser link above

Man arrested on suspicion of kidnapping Sian O’Callaghan

Police today confirmed they had arrested a man on suspicion of the kidnap of Sian O’Callaghan.
---
Eight police cars and 12 officers raced to a taxi pick-up point at an Asda store in Haydon Wick, North Swindon, Wilts., just after 11am, hours after putting out an appeal to find the car.

Witnesses described a thin white man, aged between 40 and 50, being cuffed and taken away by officers, before the vehicle was towed away.

The taxi bore the markings of a firm called Five Star – which had only launched in the town recently.

more at SWNS link above

Good news arrest made at our local supermarket so fingers crossed this will lead to Sian - car been towed green estate as police were looking for it - weird it has 2 find posters in back window!!

Reports of a police helicopter around near Uffington white horse now - posted about 30 mins ago on the FB site.

Wow, lots of developments are happening. I really really really hope she was just stashed somewhere. Please let this be the case and she comes home safe today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#
Back