GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The boyfriends appeal is heartbreaking :(

I wonder why she left the club alone? Was she meeting someone? Did she smoke? Any locals know if you can smoke inside the club? I know myself, I am a closet smoker and sneak one now and again when I am out drinking. :innocent: I've been outside alone smoking and have run into some seedy people. I make sure to have a friend go with me now.

Her phone pinging so close to the time she left indicates she or someone with her phone went immediately to that forested area. Very scary. Did she try to call for help?

Come home beautiful girl...

Smoking has been banned in public places in England since 2007, I believe. However, checking the SUJU club's site, I saw (drumroll) someone pictured smoking, so who knows - private club? I don't think so. Help, UK posters!

Here's the SUJU homepage and its Facebook site, nothing whatsoever noted officially about the disappearance of Sian O'Callaghan on either right now. A message from someone on the Facebook site notes it may be the only one in Swindon which has no notice of the young woman having disappeared over the weekend.

And here's the Help Find Sian O'Callaghan Facebook site.

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?a=m4:23006809
She was tipsy when she was seen on CCTV leaving Swindon's Suju nightspot alone at 2.52am on Saturday to walk half-a-mile home to the flat she shares with boyfriend Kevin Reape, 24.
Police fear she was abducted and driven 12 miles to Savernake Forest - where a mast detected her phone receiving a text message 32 minutes later from Kevin.

His message said simply: 'Worried x.'

Sadly I don't think it is going to be long before they find this girls body :(

If it takes between 20-25 minutes to drive from the club to the forest then that would mean she was abducted very soon after leaving if her phone pinged there 32 minutes after she was caught on CCTV. I wonder if she got chatting to someone outside who lured her to his car. Maybe he had offered to drive her home and she accepted thinking she'd text/call her friends on the way to say she'd left but never got the chance. Maybe this was someone who'd seen her in the club and had taking a liking to her, maybe someone she got chatting to at the bar, maybe a friend of a friend type thing.
It sounds like it was out of character for her to just leave without telling her friends so i'm not sure i'm buying that she left suddenly and started walking home but maybe the offer of a lift was too tempting to turn down.

Prayers to Sian's family and friends :(

The BF is said to have texted her at 3:24 am, and that exact time is given as the first ping on her phone from the location of the forest. So the ping may have been the BF's text. The phone is said to have went on to receive unanswered texts and messages for 8 hours before the battery ran out. Was her bag or phone dumped somewhere in the forest area.

The attack on Sian a few years ago from a girl in the same club sounds particularly violent, for no apparent reason. What a lenient sentence she received, what kind of a deterrent is that for such wanton violence.

I pray Sian will soon be returned to her loving family safe and well.

Smoking has been banned in public places in England since 2007, I believe. However, checking the SUJU club's site, I saw (drumroll) someone pictured smoking, so who knows - private club? I don't think so. Help, UK posters!

Yes Smoking is banned in all public places.... even if it was a private club (highly doubt it is!) smoking would still be banned. Usually clubs have an outdoor area for smoking, this usually out the front of the club and as you go into the club you have your hand stamped, so that then if you go out for a smoke you can get back in.

So was Sian a smoker? This would be a very plausible reason for her going out of the club alone... especially if none of her friends were smokers... though if I was out with friends and only one was a smoker... I'd accompany them outside.. but that's just me!

She told friends she was going to speak to another girl outside the club, promising: ‘I’ll see you in ten or 15 minutes on the dancefloor.’

If these reports are accurate, I wonder has this girl come forward as she could be a vital witness. Why would Sian have to go outside the club to speak to her and not return to her meet her friends.

[SIZE="3I note this has stayed mainly in the tabloids and hasn't crossed over to the broadsheets yet. Class differences between this and Yeates case perhaps.

Listening to the accents at the press conference, I don't think there is any particular 'class' difference between the cases although Clifton was particularly upmarket. I think the main difference was that JY disappeared from her own flat which was most unusual whereas it does happen that girls do sometimes go missing after being in nightclubs.

Sadly I don't think it is going to be long before they find this girl's body from Gem2626 - this was my instant reaction as well. Please God I hope we are wrong.

There is an outside smoking area that you can go to at the back of the club where there are some seats, if she went for a ciggie it would not have been out the front as there is a specific area the club provides. I go to this club and I think she left the club to walk home (its not far) or flag a taxi - When I go out there are so many men who offer taxi services and are not registered taxi's, my friends have used this particually outside curry houses - the staff in the curry houses arrange them for you so I suspect she may have got into one of these cars thinking it was a real taxi as the news reports she had been drinking and it was 2.50am. She must have been in a car to get to that area so quickly as its a 25 minute drive - this just sounds really bad to me but I hope Im wrong - I am going to go and join the search tommorow as not able to today as have my little girl.

Sian O’Callaghan: police recruit volunteers to find missing woman

Police hunting missing Sian O’Callaghan recruited an army of volunteers today after DOZENS of her friends turned up help search for the PA in hundreds of acres of forest.

Officers marshalled pals desperate to scour the undergrowth in Savernake Forest, near Marlborough, Wilts., where the pretty brunette’s phone signal was last detected.

They met scores of armchair detectives, desperate to track down 22-year-old Sian before briefing them on what to wear and handed out maps to help them in the search.

Volunteers were under strict orders not to search alone and not to bring dogs to the forest – as sniffer dogs were already working the patch.
---
[Ch Insp Bob Edge, of Wiltshire Police] said: ”Other searches are taking place by officers in locations but we can’t yet confirm where these are.

”We don’t know the numbers involved in these searches. Our central base here is to help volunteers and we are briefing them as much as possible.”
---

good long article at SWNS: http://swns.com/sian-ocallaghan-police-recruit-volunteers-to-find-missing-woman-221241.html

There is an outside smoking area that you can go to at the back of the club where there are some seats, if she went for a ciggie it would not have been out the front as there is a specific area the club provides. I go to this club and I think she left the club to walk home (its not far) or flag a taxi - When I go out there are so many men who offer taxi services and are not registered taxi's, my friends have used this particually outside curry houses - the staff in the curry houses arrange them for you so I suspect she may have got into one of these cars thinking it was a real taxi as the news reports she had been drinking and it was 2.50am. She must have been in a car to get to that area so quickly as its a 25 minute drive - this just sounds really bad to me but I hope Im wrong - I am going to go and join the search tommorow as not able to today as have my little girl.

Lin, :wagon:!!!!

Thank you for the great information and you are wonderful for helping in the search.

Does anyone remember reading an article about how Sian had an altercation in the bathroom at that same club in the past? I can't find the article now of course. I just read this:

She told friends she was going to speak to another girl outside the club, promising: ‘I’ll see you in ten or 15 minutes on the dancefloor.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-boyfriend-tearfully-pleads-safe-return.html

I don't remember reading that before. I thought she was talking to a girl inside the club. So now I think she was meeting a girl outside, since she walked out alone. Who is this girl and what happened?

Halo, I swear I read that too, that some sort of altercation had taken place in the ladies room...

There was an altercation at Suju in the ladies' room in 2008, an unprovoked attack on Sian which was adjudicated at the time. Police indicated earlier that it is not viewed as being relevant to her disappearance in 2011.

Some news accounts mention the "other girl" Sian was allegedly going to speak to; others do not.

I think the main difference was that JY disappeared from her own flat which was most unusual whereas it does happen that girls do sometimes go missing after being in nightclubs.

Yes, I think you're exactly right. Still, I was disappointed to see that only two of the twelve national papers Sky previews by printing their front pages had any mention of Sian's case; while JY's case did receive massive coverage almost from the start, Christmas season afforded the papers the opportunity as nothing much was in the news at the time. Gadaffi and the Japan disaster are accounting for most of the coverage now, taking away the column inches from Sian's story.

Halo, I swear I read that too, that some sort of altercation had taken place in the ladies room...

Yeah, I thought the early reports that I read said that she had been assaulted by another woman (punched, I believe) in the ladies room before leaving the club.

Sian O’Callaghan: woman tells how two men tried to coax her into car

Two men tried to coax a 28-year-old woman into a car in Swindon – just hours after missing PA Sian O’Callaghan disappeared, it emerged today.

The woman, who did not want to be named, said two dark-skinned, foreign-sounding men approached her as she was out walking alone two miles from where Sian, 22, vanished.
---

the rest, including a description of the alleged abductors, at SWNS link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry