GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
27/03/2011

Excerpt: Just 24 hours before his arrest, Halliwell had joked to friends: “They’re looking for a green taxi – I wonder if they’re after me.” And the cabbie told close friend and fellow taxi driver Neil Barnett he feared for his own daughters’ safety.

As detectives and members of the public searched woods near Swindon for missing Sian, 22, Halliwell said: “This sort of thing is not supposed to happen in Swindon. It makes me worried about my daughters.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/2011/03/27/...ins-of-second-murdered-woman-115875-23018690/

I think some people just develop into cold killers.

I remember I did some work in the past with the probation service (not naming any names or services specifically) and in education, helping ex-cons in the community.

I remember dealing with a male ex-con who thought it was rather funny to watch videos of beheadings on the internet and such (remember the iraq war and kidnapping of security personnel) I thought it strange how some people seem to have no feelings whatsoever towards any other human beings.

Some people are just like that.

I wonder if this CH has any previous convictions?

He seems to like to be in control and play games that for sure.

From Enzeders's post above

“This sort of thing is not supposed to happen in Swindon. It makes me worried about my daughters.”

From the Daily Express re VT.

“It’s very upsetting that something like this has happened. This is a nice, safe, friendly area''

I knew I had heard those almost identical words before :waitasec:

“This sort of thing is not supposed to happen in Swindon. It makes me worried about my daughters.”

“It’s very upsetting that something like this has happened. This is a nice, safe, friendly area''

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...incent-TabakJo-Yeates-Day-I-met-Vincent-Tabak

Bingo!

Good work, Robin Hood.

(Sickening, though. The whole thing with killing and dumping and then making believe he/they cared.)

It doesn't look like...

Doing well, off the cannabis trade in 2008

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/3856141.Ex_dance_club_boss_denies_drug_charge/

I noticed she was also still listed on the missing persons site, missing in "" comas :¬) probably on the run.

And found guilty in absence - http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/4000541.Drug_plans_go_up_in_smoke/ - has her living in Birmingham.

That's not to say that she didn't come back to Swindon, or that CH had or hadn't had contact with her????

Assuming that it's the same Hai Nguyen. There's a couple of dozen people of that name on Facebook. For all we know it's the Vietnamese equivalent of Jane Smith.

Sky News are now reporting that the remains found yesterday are of a woman aged 23-30.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...incent-TabakJo-Yeates-Day-I-met-Vincent-Tabak

Bingo!

Good work, Robin Hood.

(Sickening, though. The whole thing with killing and dumping and then making believe he/they cared.)

Well yes, but VT has not yet been convicted of said murder. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. I'd prefer to reserve judgement until I've seen the evidence. (Although that Express interview has always been an interesting read.)

Just 24 hours before his arrest, Halliwell had joked to friends: “They’re looking for a green taxi – I wonder if they’re after me.” And the cabbie told close friend and fellow taxi driver Neil Barnett he feared for his own daughters’ safety.

Pity he didn't show the same concern for other peoples daughters, Sian and his other young victim buried in a field.

CH-as-serial killer....hmmm....I'm pondering....dunno. Tough call.

Would a serial killer when caught immediately give up the location of two of his victims' bodies?

CH-as-serial killer....hmmm....I'm pondering....dunno. Tough call.

Would a serial killer when caught immediately give up the location of two of his victims' bodies?

Aneurin summed it up quite well over on the JY thread, I think.

Because they had CCTV footage of SO getting into his car outside the Swindon nightclub, had GPS data on his car's movements, fed him the usual line about how the SOCO mob were going through his car and home and were bound to find something, and how things would go much better for him if he admitted everything.

The media have been warned about their coverage of this case now that CH has been charged.

Simon Brenchley, district crown prosecutor for the CPS in Wiltshire, said: "I have been working closely with Wiltshire Police and now have authorised them to charge CH with Sian O'Callaghan's murder.

"I must remind the media to take care in reporting events surrounding this case. CH has been charged with a serious offence and is entitled to a fair trial. It is extremely important that nothing should be reported which could prejudice any trial."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...e-chris-halliwell-with-murder-115875-23019864

The newsflow is now likely to be restricted to news of the identity of the second body rather than more stories about CH's past life.

Aneurin summed it up quite well over on the JY thread, I think.

Aneurin's is surely the argument police used. Yet from the literature I've come to think of serial killers as controlling sorts, unwilling at least till the end, in the shadow of the gallows, to give up more of their victims than at least those for which they've been convicted.

To me, giving up one body, let alone two (both?), argues against the taxi man being a serial killer. I'm guessing they were his lone victims. (But am ready to be convinced otherwise - good stuff on here already from people who think he's a SK.)

Aneurin's is surely the argument police used. Yet from the literature I've come to think of serial killers as controlling sorts, unwilling at least till the end, in the shadow of the gallows, to give up more of their victims than at least those for which they've been convicted.

To me, giving up one body, let alone two (both?), argues against the taxi man being a serial killer. I'm guessing they were his lone victims. (But am ready to be convinced otherwise - good stuff on here already from people who think he's a SK.)

It may well be that further excavation of the site in Eastleach - "Work is ongoing at the site" apparently - will reveal further bodies. Or not, as the case maybe. But on the basis of what info is currently in the public domain, I doubt that CH is a true serial killer. More likely he is one of those individuals who regard murder as a potential solution to a particular kind of problem.

new Telegraph article (featuring Thi Hai Nguyen, from the discourse above):
Sian O'Callaghan murder: police investigate suspect Christopher Halliwell's links to other unexplained deaths
---
Yesterday it was disclosed that a Vietnamese women went missing from Swindon in 2005.

Hai Nguyen, 20, disappeared from her home in Hesketh Crescent on June 27 2005.

She had come to England from Vietnam in May 2003. Wiltshire Police refused to say whether she was ever found.
---
more at link, with photo of Ms. Hai Nguyen

According to the detective leading the investigation, Mr Halliwell has told officers that he does not know the identity of the woman

Maybe not, but he would surely have noticed if she was of Far Eastern origin.

From The News of the World 27 march 2011

Our informant said "We have not quite worked out how she was killed but it was a brutal murder. We think that the fact that she was found naked is more to do with something in Halliwell's psychology".

A source said police were now looking at the theory that the two alleged murders had been carried out with separate motives. The first happened around the time that Halliwells marriage to his estranged wife Lisa was crumbling.

Just a snippit of information for anyone who hasn't read it.

From The Sun 25 March 2011

He is alleged to have told officers that his 2001 victim may have been a vice girl.
She is said to have had personal problems and was presumed to have left the area.

They must have suspected who the victim might be or how would they know that she was alleged to have had personal problems.

Regarding Hai Nguyan's disappearance in June 2005

Police believe she may have gone to London to seek
employment

They may have a few days ago, suspected it was her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back