Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's another big question for me:
Why did the first report of her going missing state the family last saw he at the lodge at 6:30.... Then when the CCTV image was released on Tuesday the new time of 7:45 was stated.
What happened in that missing 1 hour 15 mins? Could she have left the lodge at 6:30 for her walk, gone to the pub, whatever, then come back to the resort and been captured on CCTV at that point to pick something up from the lodge then headed off up A826 with a purpose. Perhaps the boys and dad had gone to the main hotel bar or spa and so did not realise she had dropped back into the lodge? All guesswork of course but that 6:30 time does stick in my mind.
Will ask neighbour when he saw her, and if she actually spoke to him, what accent.
Let me stress no one walks up that road, too many sharp bends and no verge to walk on. You're on it only because you absolutely need to be so that's why a lift was offered, it's a natural thing to think someone needs help if they we walking on such a risky road.

I agree. Can't see a good reason why she would be going up that road for any distance.

This caught my eye

<snipped>

"However, CI Scott refused to be drawn on local speculation that she went missing after a family argument."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/cops-quiz-aberfeldy-motorists-over-5766634

I accept that that's natural speculation but is the first time I've seen anything other than she's had an accident being hinted at. It seems the local police have thrown pretty much everything into this and she's either very well hidden or she's no longer in the area, both of which indicate to me that this isn't going to be a simple accident. JMO.

I wonder how Scottish law works in cases where, for example, one foreign national harms another foreign national in their country? I'm also wondering where they'd been before they arrived in Aberfeldy. I feel that I'm being uncharitable but there are plenty of examples of people who have come a cropper whilst on holiday with their spouses and someone who thinks they're clever might see little Aberfeldy, tucked in the midst of lochs, woodland and the river, with their countryside police force not accustomed to dealing with major crimes (I googled Aberfeldy crime and there seems to be a lot more anti social behaviour than serious crime, from what I could gather) as an ideal place to lose someone and get away with it. I think I've read this book, this scenario feels very familiar somehow!!

Did you have chance to talk to your neighbour again? Any other news on the local grapevine?

How's the patient today?!

Just heard this minute that someone has said she's been found....but that's all I know SO IM LOOKING INTO IT, IS IT A LOCAL RUMOUR OR IS THIS INFO FROM SOMEONE IN THE KNOW

I hope you all know what I mean when I say that if it is Susan, I'm glad she's been found, and I hope it was a tragic accident rather than foul play.

i completely understand what you mean......her family deserves an answer and to be able to bring her home

:rose: susan

omg i'm so nervous, i hope it was quick and as painless as possible, whoever it is :(

the silence is deafening :anguish:

Hi Sorry there is no more news than what I have already said. I've asked the questions but not being given the answers probably so that the family of whoever has been found can be informed. I guess Police Scotland will make a press statement tomorrow. It is almost 11 pm here so I shall head to bed and check news first thing tomorrow am.

Went up to the resort today and walked all around the estate, could find no CCTV cameras at all, which is strange. There is a Dutch plated car parked outside the lodge, no sign of police etc anywhere in the town today even though it is three weeks to the day that Susan went away. Nothing on fb page, everything very quiet so I was shocked when told the news about a body being found.
Feeling very sad but also somewhat relieved that there may be closure if it's her.

Hi Sorry there is no more news than what I have already said. I've asked the questions but not being given the answers probably so that the family of whoever has been found can be informed. I guess Police Scotland will make a press statement tomorrow. It is almost 11 pm here so I shall head to bed and check news first thing tomorrow am.

Went up to the resort today and walked all around the estate, could find no CCTV cameras at all, which is strange. There is a Dutch plated car parked outside the lodge, no sign of police etc anywhere in the town today even though it is three weeks to the day that Susan went away. Nothing on fb page, everything very quiet so I was shocked when told the news about a body being found.
Feeling very sad but also somewhat relieved that there may be closure if it's her.

Thanks for all your updates hippy hippy we all appreciate them. Terrible news. Thanks for all your efforts on Susan's behalf. Night.

Thanks for all you work and keeping us updated. It was good to know that Susan had someone there who genuinely cared. Will look out for the news in the morning too. Sleep well x

Wonder if she was found in water, I'm sure during the Kelly Nash case I read that it can take a few weeks for the body to come the to surface, might explain why she's been so hard to find? Hopefully the morrow will bring answers.

Oh susan :( I really didn't want to give up hope in this case, I wanted to believe she had wandered off, possibly confused/disorientated but was found safe and well. Obviously as time went on, that was becoming more and more unlikely but I refused to believe that it was over. Not sure why but this case really touched me. I guess we have to wait until the police issue a statement to find out roughly what happened, but I hope that whatever it was, it was quick, and painless x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Just catching up from over the pond :tears:
I'll check in when the sun rises, with baited breath, along with you all.
hippy hippy, again, I can't thank you enough for all you've done for Susan. It has been breathtaking to read your updates on her thread.
It will be a long, sleepless night, filled with dread.
My heart goes out to the McLean family. :heartluv:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I echo what everyone else has said, with more thanks to hippy hippy for all the updates :loveyou:

I'm not very au fait with Twitter but just had a look and spotted this from June 5th from Police Scotland helicopter unit. I know it's not Susan but I'm sure HH mentioned there'd been a chopper out looking recently.

1940h 4.6.15 Assisted @TaysidePolice search for a missing person in Tay Forest Park, Aberfeldy. Female traced by crew safe and well.

I belong to an equine forum and Susan's friends have posted there. As of yesterday, there was no word that Susan has been found. Susan is a very avid horsewoman and according to a letter posted on the forum by a friend of hers from Susan's husband, Don (Hoot) McLean, they believe she fell off a trail and is "close to an obscure overhand, shrub or dense trees".

I hope they find her soon so this family can just bring her home. Prayers

Hi All
Nothing in the news today. I contacted the Courier newspaper reporter who has been following this case to tell her what I had heard about a body being found. She has just emailed me back to say she contacted Police Scotland who replied, It's just a rumour. That seems an odd sort of reply.
Anyway we are still in the dark. I truly hope that Susan just took off to get some space and is somewhere nervous about coming forth but nevertheless safe and alive. Wish we knew what she had with her, ie passport, money, cards....address book.

The thing about slipping off a trail, that was referred to earlier by Zuri, we just don't have terrain here that you can walk around in wearing just sneakers/trainers especially in heavy rain . Walking on the Tarmac road is the only way, or a farm track, but the forest trails are too boggy and muddy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back