Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK thank you. I've never seen that particular one, but I've checked and it's available in Boots, Asda, Tesco etc. I wonder if it's available in the USA, if not, could it be checked whether Susan might have bought it here?

This type of packaging is available on Amazon in USA (price in $$)

I have never seen Neutrogena Lip Balm with that red band before.
IMHO it is not European (continent) and may well be N-American.

The one I know:

neutrogena1.jpg

Yes, available in US also. I'm curious to know if labeled ounces or grams? Presuming English text, hh? Any other recollections? Maybe equivet can ask CID? CID won't give me much info, as not next of kin. Notarized letter from next of kin is useless here.

Good point, Lumberjill. I'm sure Neutrogena could identify which country it was distributed in. Worth an ask next time you're down the cop shop, they might let you look at it?

Today's news reports. Probably not much than you read from hh:
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...-missing-susan-mclean-police-confirm-1.892412
http://news.stv.tv/tayside/1325589-no-dna-link-between-items-found-and-missing-susan-mclean/

I meet the nicest people while searching. Just as I left Loch Hoil trail today, hh and her son and dogs arrived. We exchanged latest news and thoughts. hh is a gem!

Is the video on the STV site of you being interviewed? I am unable to watch it and wondering if it isn't available to the USA to view (I tried both Firefox and Google Chrome). I just see a video player with black screen and it shows 0:00 and pressing play does nothing.

It's so heartwarming to know how friendly and wonderful the people there are in helping both you and HH with the searching and gathering as much info as you can. And both you and HH deserve the "gem of a person" award! :)

I can't post it here but I've just found somebody's Pinterest account who 'loves' the Neutrogena Lip Balm, the picture she has is the one with the red screw up part, she has other things on there Canadian, loves a particular kind of two pin plug, Canada Go-ose coats. Does this mean anything? I dunno... :thinking:

Reading here each day renews my faith in the human spirit. The kindness and compassion is overwhelming and you all exemplify that. HH is one of the kindest, most caring people I have never had the pleasure of meeting. Lumberjill, you are the friend anyone would be so lucky to have.

I simply cannot imagine the angst equivet, his sons, Susan's family and friends are experiencing. It must be of huge comfort to know that LJ and HH are bringing attention to Susan's disappearance and that there is now accountability on the part of the Scottish LE, brought on by LJ's presence.

When I first posted on the COTH forum (horse forum) about WS and how HH was searching, some posters were skeptical how "armchair sleuthers" could make a difference. Well I hope more people now realize how powerful the human bond can be. God Bless those that continue to make a difference and I pray that Susan will be found soon.

Back at you Zuri.

You mentioned "justice forum" on COTH. I somehow found WS and started up with HH. I found HH to be so sincere and generous that i was compelled to get HH and equivet together.

That small chain of events only happened because for some reason, you cared about Susan. Thanks

StarAnise--yes, the video is a of the STV piece that ran last week and it does seem blocked in the US. My son used an anonymizer so that his computer's US location was obscured in order to watch it. Might give it a try.

I can't post it here but I've just found somebody's Pinterest account who 'loves' the Neutrogena Lip Balm, the picture she has is the one with the red screw up part, she has other things on there Canadian, loves a particular kind of two pin plug, Canada Go-ose coats. Does this mean anything? I dunno... :thinking:

Aha! Like I mentioned, I have never seen the Neutrogena with the red screw up part here in Europe, but it is available in N-America.
I've been searching Google Pictures, and all pictures with Neutrogena with this red up part lead to websites with prices in $$.

Aha! Like I mentioned, I have never seen the Neutrogena with the red screw up part here in Europe, but it is available in N-America.
I've been searching Google Pictures, and all pictures with Neutrogena with this red up part lead to websites with prices in $$.

Well today I'm going into town. I will call in Boots etc and see if they sell it with the red screw up part.

Sorry to quote myself here, but for clarity I wasn't thinking this Susan's account lol, just that someone who is perhaps in Canada shows pic with a red top. I should have linked my post to ZaZaras first post about the lip balm. Oops.

According to the Neutrogena website, this is available in Walmart, Walgreens, RiteAid, Kroger, Target and CVS. Additionally I see it listed on Ulta (a US cosmetics store similar to DM). It is likely a rabbit hole if Susan was not the type to use balms regularly. That entire area around the wall into the woods should be searched with cadaver dogs anyway if it hasn't already.

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/lip+moisturizer+with+sunscreen+spf+15.do

This type of packaging is available on Amazon in USA (price in $$)

I have never seen Neutrogena Lip Balm with that red band before.
IMHO it is not European (continent) and may well be N-American.

The one I know:

View attachment 79166

I've visited Boots, Asda and Superdrug today, all sell the lip balm with a white screw top, not red.

image.jpg

This is the one in the stores I mentioned.

I'm sorry this pic is so big! I don't know how to change it. :blushing: I presumed it would come as an attachment.

Hi I just wanted to say again that I am not sure exactly what the lip balm looked like, whether it had a red or white or even blue top but perhaps Lorna you could ask police about this? It seems it does make quite a difference...
Yesterday my son and I also found two items of snack packaging very close by th wall where the balm was found, so we photographed them and have already asked Equivet if he recognises them. Susan does not eat this kind of snack. But what is revealing is that the SAR team did not find these...otherwise wouldn't they have asked Equivet way back then? One was peanuts with the Kosher stamp on it, the other was a cinnamon bun from USA, udamaged, both lying on he surface of the ground, so not hidden in any way. If I was SAR I would definitely have picked these up to ask Susan's family about them. So I am thinking, perhaps that particular patch was missed. I called Tayside police and am awaiting a call back to find out contac details of the SAR team leader.
Meanwhile we are leaving in a few minutes to head back up there and search further west and south. See you soon

According to the Neutrogena website, this is available in Walmart, Walgreens, RiteAid, Kroger, Target and CVS. Additionally I see it listed on Ulta (a US cosmetics store similar to DM). It is likely a rabbit hole if Susan was not the type to use balms regularly. That entire area around the wall into the woods should be searched with cadaver dogs anyway if it hasn't already.

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/lip+moisturizer+with+sunscreen+spf+15.do

I don't know if this had been mentioned on here yet or not, but Susan did regularly use lip balm. All the time actually. Often she would apply it several times a day. My thought was that if she forgot to pack some, she may have picked one up on the trip that was a different brand than she usually buys, either in the US or once she arrived. I honestly can't remember what brand she regularly used.

Good morning. I'm just checking in because Susan is always on my mind.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know if this had been mentioned on here yet or not, but Susan did regularly use lip balm. All the time actually. Often she would apply it several times a day. My thought was that if she forgot to pack some, she may have picked one up on the trip that was a different brand than she usually buys, either in the US or once she arrived. I honestly can't remember what brand she regularly used.

Ah, I don't think this even came from whether Susan wore lip balm or not, it was to do with the fact it came back from analysis with no DNA to be found on it. Which then led us on to which brand lip balm it was, then deciding if it was even available to buy here in the UK. HH isn't sure which colour screw top it had, the one with red was just used as an example but we didn't realise that at the time so at the moment we're non the wiser. Hope that makes sense. Well, that's how I understood it all anyways. :)

a cinnamon bun from USA

RSBM BBM

What are the chances of this, in context of everything else?! I am flabberghasted as to why this was not catalogued.

Your dedication is truly inspiring. Thank you for all you are doing for Susan!

Exactly, Eqs! Equivet says her fave brand was Chapstick, but I think the same as you: She well could have picked it up in travels. I'm heading to the chemist/drugstore and grocery store shortly to see what brands are available in Aberfeldy. Hoping the CID staff has searched credit card history for a purchase.

IMG_4573.JPGIMG_4572.JPGIMG_4571.JPGJust back from a jaunt around Aberfeldy. Found this at the Chemist. I'm curious about the codes, wondering what all is there. Will meet with CID on Sunday AM and might learn something. But equivet will know everything before me, so...we'll see what's new.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back