Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ABarbie has been above reproach! I've actually enjoyed working with her and the photographers she sends. Respectful, considerate, cooperative, understanding. Even on her summer vacation/holiday, she's available to continue coverage of Susan's case. I can't say enough good things about her.

I hesitate to quote this from the article, but it is out there for everyone to see.
I can't quite believe it.
Has anything been conformed about the cause of death yet?
I thought it was rather insensitive of them to publish that. A decent paper would just say death not suspect.

I thought it was rather insensitive of them to publish that. A decent paper would just say death not suspect.

Well I'm sure Lorna has her reasons for saying it and it being printed. I feel that's what happened as well.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Well I'm sure Lorna has her reasons for saying it and it being printed. I feel that's what happened as well.

Except that it is not a direct quote like the rest. So, till further notice, we don't know if LJ said this or anything at all.

A few posts ago, LJ wrote:

It makes me happy for kindly refusing the Sun and the Mirror--who knows what headlines they'd have dreamt up!

And I replied:

They will likely quote you anyway and make it appear all fresh from the horse's mouth.

BBM

I hate to see my 'prediction' come true within minutes.

:banghead:

The article says: "Shattered Lorna said of Susan, who is believed to have taken her own life: “She was closer than a sister to me. I could not stay in the US and not know what happened to her. I will miss her so much.”"
The Sun is postulating on cause of death, not me.

The article says: "Shattered Lorna said of Susan, who is believed to have taken her own life: “She was closer than a sister to me. I could not stay in the US and not know what happened to her. I will miss her so much.”"
The Sun is postulating on cause of death, not me.

Sorry read it wrong. lol no more reading when I'm half asleep. Going back to my corner now

I also still wonder if your dog found Susan hh. You & LJ are amazing people.

(modsnip), i met you in aiken. i amfriends with lelo and susan stayed in the house on the farm we had all rented. i still have video of her competing the spirited paint at sporting days. and i have a fond memory sitting and talking to her about our dogs and love of horses. she also came to the farm i use to board at in maryland and taught pony clubbers.... i still remember her saying your horse can take that fence at the trot,,,he can even take it at the walk. i am so sorry for your loss. my heart goes out to you and your sons. for what it is worth, i do believe hh's phoebe found her. i don't know why...i just do. much love....if you would like i will try to find that video and copy it. i at least know i have pictures also. julie

Is one of the dogs in the Sun picture the dog who found Susan?

One of the takeaways from this tragedy for me is the bond of friendship we form over our lifetime with an extraordinary person who we refer to as our BFF. Lumberjill and Susan obviously had that unbreakable bond, stronger than blood or family ties/relationships. It was a sisterhood that withstood the test of time and geographical limitations. To me, It was the bond of a love so strong that Lumberjill would go to the depths of the Universe to find Susan and bring her home.

I have a best friend. She is my heart and part of my soul and the world is always right when I am with her. She is there when I need her and even when I don't know that I do. And I am there for her, without question or reservation.

I shared this incredible journey and tragedy with her yesterday, through tears, and I told her that even with my limitations, whatever they might be in the moment, nothing would ever prevent me from finding her, reaching her, bringing her "home" to me. I am forever hers as she is mine and the bond is unbreakable.

The beauty in this tragedy is that we can reflect on our best friend and know, without a doubt, the bond that ties us together supersedes all obstacles, no matter how great. Our BFF is the one person we can depend on through thick and thin, he'll or high water.

Susan and Lumberjill's sisterly bond of friendship has served as an inspiration for me to love more, be more, give more, share more with my BFF and let her know that I, too, would go to the ends of the Earth to find her and bring her home.

LJ, thank you for being such an inspiration to all of us. Xo

Zuri, I'm writing through tears, your words, so beautiful.
I've never ever heard of a story anything like this, it's unbelievable, yet it's very true. If I'm even half the friend LJ is I'll be content.

Is there any word when Susan will be returning home for a funeral? I hope Scottish procedure is not causing this to be delayed.

Here is a note from Susan's niece, who doesn't have permission to post yet:
"I would like to thank all of you that took so much of your time to help in resolving this wretched mystery. I am eternally grateful for those of you who came out and helped to close this door. In keeping with all of the kind and helpful Scottish people, there is a funeral home there that has seen to her cremation. I am uncertain at this time of the details regarding services for Susan back stateside. These decisions have not been made yet. I will let all of you know when and where these celebrations of life will be! From the very bottom of my heart THANK YOU ALL!!!

Wow.

Lumberjill, I hope you're ok, such a lot for you to have organised and gone through over the past few weeks. I hope one day you will come back to us and have happier times.

I have been following this case for a long time without posting. A couple of years ago I visited Scotland and loved it: loved the landscape, loved the people. Susan's story really touched me, and then HH got involved and it was hard not to feel a part of her search. And then LJ, too--the kind of friend everyone hopes they will have someday. I just want to add my voice to those saying how moving and special this case has been: one of the very few on Websleuths that makes a person feel good about humanity.

Love to all involved. <3 <3 <3

hh, you've been flying under the radar. Are you OK? I stood on the shoulders of your amazing work, could never have found Susan without you. I miss you.

A tiny bird told me that a background report about HH's work and searches would be in the making...?
Birds will say anything, I know that, but a Sunday would be a very good day for the paper to publish this.

Jolly good idea anyway, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed ..... !

:findinglink:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back