UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I clearly stated in my post if I was convinced he was guilty and if I thought it would help solve the case I would name him.

So I don’t know why you are pointing out the law - I literally said I would happily have my day in court if I believed he had murdered somebody.

I would take all the publicity to blow the case wide open and let’s be completely honest if he is guilty he wouldn’t do anything as he wouldn’t want the hassle. it’s called calling CV bluff.

MOO
I think naming him publicly would prejudice a case should one be bought against him.
Perhaps Whitehall 1212 could confirm this.

On a lighter note and as the anniversary of July 28 approaches.

Here is a few minutes of actual BBC1 broadcast from just before 8pm that Monday.

Bit of escapism, if you could time-travel back to 7.59pm that Monday. What would you do and where would you go?

SLs car lies unlocked and undiscovered in Stevenage Rd and her Dad is visiting the police station.

Would you perhaps visit the Pow or try and discover if JC is still in town and locate his whereabouts?

L Bit of escapism, if you could time-travel back to 7.59pm that Monday. What would you do and where would you go?

SLs car lies unlocked and undiscovered in Stevenage Rd and her Dad is visiting the police station.

Would you perhaps visit the Pow or try and discover if JC is still in town and locate his whereabouts?
It’s weird to think I wasn’t even born when this happened but If I could go back in time I would want to see where the ex boyfriend was and JC at that moment in time. I would let other members on here waste their time with POW :D

MOO

Last edited:
It’s weird to think I wasn’t even born when this happened but If I could go back in time I would want to see where the ex boyfriend was and JC at that moment in time. I would let other members on here waste their time with POW :D

MOO
If I had the opportunity to go back to that day in 1986 I would to like to speak one to one with everyone who was in the office that day, I would also like to speak with the members of the Putney Set and finally I would like to know who the elusive third person was who was having lunch with MG and KP that day
MOO

I have raised the question of a possible rear entrance previously.

Can I ask what street year you are looking at please as Google street view only appears to goes back as far as 2008 which is some 22 after the crime.
Looking the linked photo from 1986 it shows that the more modern aspect was already in place. The buildings to the right of Sturgis (now Chestertons) are considerably older.

Looking at both Chesilton and Radipole Road on current street view and satellite imagery, there is no indication of significant changes.

My interpretation of the satellite imagery is that there is no egress into Radipole Road as there are a number of older private properties between Sturgis (Chestertons) and Radipole Road.

Looking at StreetView for Radipole Road there doesn't appear to be any communal access to the rear of the properties. This obviously was not a feature when the older properties were originally built.

Bit of escapism, if you could time-travel back to 7.59pm that Monday. What would you do and where would you go?

JC didn't become a suspect until many months later so he wouldn't have been an identified person of interest.

SJL's Fiesta wasn't discovered until 22:01 after a grid based street search by many officers.

I would be knocking on doors in Shorrolds Road, radiating out from 37 SR, searching for witnesses. At that time it was the ONLY significant clue the police had.

Last edited:
Thread is open again.

Personalizing, bickering and personal attacks against other members is not allowed. If it continues, serious Time Outs will be issued.

If you can't be polite and respectful in your post, don't post.

Websleuths rules are easy to follow. Thousands of people follow them every day with no problem.

So a question to start the morning off as I’m intrigued to see where we all fall on this. LE believe the Mr Kipper the appointment was real.

So how many believe on here it was a real/fake?

<modsnip>

If the police had sufficient evidence to apply for a search warrant then they would have done so, long ago.

This clearly shows that such evidence just does not exist and that the police successfully eliminated CV from the investigation.

Such evidence to obtain a search warrant is quite low weight, particularly in such investigations. It can just be a set of circumstances that cannot be resolved satisfactorily, e.g. Norton Barracks, Quantock Hills, Drakes Broughton, JC's mothers home.
I’m not flying the DV flag, however, AS made reference to the fact that concerns were raised about CV. While I take your point that police officers are experience at spotting a lie, no one is infallible.
You say above that evidence required to obtain a search warrant is low, and previously you’ve pointed out that the owners can be approached for permission.
Either of these approaches would gain permission if applied.
It’s a place she was intending to go, no one really knows that she didn’t actually go to the PoW and we apparently only have the word of the temporary landlord who the police office expressed concerns about.
To anyone looking at this it appears that it’s being avoided at all costs.

So a question to start the morning off as I’m intrigued to see where we all fall on this. LE believe the Mr Kipper the appointment was real.

I’ve got to sit on the fence, which is completely against my nature. The condition SJL’s car was found in supports two possibilities for me. If you carefully look at the SR witness statements (as we know them) they support:
1. An audacious abduction from SR.
On the other hand:
2. SJL could have gone into a property (such as the PoW) and never come out.
Like everything involved in SJL’s disappearance, it’s not straight forward.

I’ve got to sit on the fence, which is completely against my nature. The condition SJL’s car was found in supports two possibilities for me. If you carefully look at the SR witness statements (as we know them) they support:
1. An audacious abduction from SR.
On the other hand:
2. SJL could have gone into a property (such as the PoW) and never come out.
Like everything involved in SJL’s disappearance, it’s not straight forward.

Great post and I’m with you on this as well.

I think its obvious that the appointment was fake. A quick, scribbled-in ruse to cover SLs brief absence over lunchtime ...

I’m not flying the DV flag, however, AS made reference to the fact that concerns were raised about CV. While I take your point that police officers are experience at spotting a lie, no one is infallible.
You say above that evidence required to obtain a search warrant is low, and previously you’ve pointed out that the owners can be approached for permission.
Either of these approaches would gain permission if applied.
It’s a place she was intending to go, no one really knows that she didn’t actually go to the PoW and we apparently only have the word of the temporary landlord who the police office expressed concerns about.
To anyone looking at this it appears that it’s being avoided at all costs.
I know I said the evidence/justification required is 'low' but not this low.

Bear in mind that in some circumstances police will have legislated powers of search, e.g.

1. Search of person following arrest
2. Premises where arrest took place (only rooms in control of the arrested person or communal areas)
3. Vehicle in which a person was arrested
4. Premises/vehicle someone was in immediately prior to arrest

Etc, etc.

However, the PoW doesn't fall into these warranted powers as no one (read landlord/temp) was arrested on the premises or nearby after having come from there.

Without the owner giving wholly voluntary permission, which can be withdrawn at any point during the search, there is only one other option.

A search warrant issued my a magistrate/JP

To get a search warrant it is necessary to complete an application identifying the grounds for the search....the evidence to suggest that SJL went there, didn't come out, or there may be evidence linked to her disappearance there.

You then face the magistrate/JP, swear on oath and make your request verbally. The magistrate/JP will question you thoroughly on the circumstances, evidence, whether children/vulnerable persons will be present, the impact/risk to the community etc etc.

Question will be "do you have a suspect from the PoW? Have they been arrested? What steps are you taking to find them?"

There is nothing more to link SJL to the PoW other than her property was found there and we belive she had made arrangements to collect it that evening, long after she was last seen.

SJL has not been seen near the PoW. There is no evidence to indicate that she went there on the afternoon of 28/7/86.

If anyone who had control over the PoW at the time were arrested for offences concerned in her disappearance then police search after arrest powers, issued by an Inspector would most likely be used to conduct a search, rather than having to apply to a magistrate/JP for a search warrant.

As it stands, from the information I am aware of, the senior officer who would need to sign off the search warrant application would not put their signature to it.

There is just not anything substantive to suggest that SJL went there, is still there or there is other evidence of her disappearance there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members