UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to AS, SJL was at one point supposed to be going into business with a friend and her husband, but she lost interest, perhaps because she envisaged making better money as an estate agent. Money had been spent on the intended venture and SJL then started avoiding this couple. At the same time she reported to her uncle that she being hassled by someone. Just after she disappeared, 8 days after in fact, the husband was declared bankrupt.

My conjecture is that on 28 July, this man is right on the edge and has blown money on something which now can't proceed, thanks to SJL. She's been avoiding him and his wife, so he tricks her into going somewhere he can confront her and demand off her the money she's made him waste.

There is evidence for the venture and someone hassling her. There is evidence from the police that she was remarkably successful at handling money to the point where they even wondered if she might be on the game. The conversation she had with someone on the Saturday, where she said she was expecting a £3,000 "commission", points to some other income stream. If she never went to Shorrolds, as seems likely, then whatever happened must have happened at the only other place she had a need to be headed for.

The BE sighting is challenging to fit into any timeline because it means SJL's car was seen in two places at once: in Stevenage Road and in the Fulham Palace Road, at 2.45. Either one sighting is wrong or both are. If BW is correct I can't think of any other course of events that fits.

The last photo of SJL was taken on Saturday, which was the day she had her hair highlighted. In it she is not especially blonde.

But the couple you’re referring to, if I’m correct, were rich beyond Suzy’s dreams. The business venture that was discussed would’ve been small change to the husband…

Yes, he declared himself bankrupt (like many super rich people do in order to to keep their assets). People who have that type of money; properties in Belgravia etc; they’ve already put their money offshore and have their properties in different company names…their accountants preplan all that.

So a measly £3,000 would’ve been peanuts to them, you can be sure of that. That isn’t to say there wasn’t some other kind of entanglement between the three, of course…but with their sort of money if they wanted Suzy harmed for some reason they wouldn’t have involved a naive barman they probably didn’t even know.

As for Suzy’s car, given that the taxi driver said he spotted it there at 2:30 p.m., then the garage owner saw it there at 5 p.m., WJ says she saw it there at 12:45, then at around 13.30…then it was fund by police in the exact same position at 10:00 pm as all the others three witnesses said, in the exact same spot in Stevenage Road I believe they’re all right in their recollections. BW simply thought it was Suzy as the car was identical and the driver looked like Suzy. Don’t forget, the car must have been going at about 30mph; the driver had her head turned towards the passenger; so BW didn’t get a really good view of the driver…besides, Suzy wouldn’t have been driving around aimlessly for two hours when she was supposed to be at work. And had she been kidnapped she would’ve jumped out the car and stared screaming…FPR is always chockablock.

According to AS, SJL was at one point supposed to be going into business with a friend and her husband, but she lost interest, perhaps because she envisaged making better money as an estate agent. Money had been spent on the intended venture and SJL then started avoiding this couple. At the same time she reported to her uncle that she being hassled by someone. Just after she disappeared, 8 days after in fact, the husband was declared bankrupt.

My conjecture is that on 28 July, this man is right on the edge and has blown money on something which now can't proceed, thanks to SJL. She's been avoiding him and his wife, so he tricks her into going somewhere he can confront her and demand off her the money she's made him waste.

There is evidence for the venture and someone hassling her. There is evidence from the police that she was remarkably successful at handling money to the point where they even wondered if she might be on the game. The conversation she had with someone on the Saturday, where she said she was expecting a £3,000 "commission", points to some other income stream. If she never went to Shorrolds, as seems likely, then whatever happened must have happened at the only other place she had a need to be headed for.

The BE sighting is challenging to fit into any timeline because it means SJL's car was seen in two places at once: in Stevenage Road and in the Fulham Palace Road, at 2.45. Either one sighting is wrong or both are. If BW is correct I can't think of any other course of events that fits.

The last photo of SJL was taken on Saturday, which was the day she had her hair highlighted. In it she is not especially blonde.

But the couple you’re referring to, if I’m correct, were rich beyond Suzy’s dreams. The business venture that was discussed would’ve been small change to the husband…

Yes, he declared himself bankrupt (like many super rich people do in order to to keep their assets). People who have that type of money; properties in Belgravia etc; they’ve already put their money offshore and have their properties in different company names…their accountants preplan all that.

So a measly £3,000 would’ve been peanuts to them, you can be sure of that. That isn’t to say there wasn’t some other kind of entanglement between the three, of course…but with their sort of money if they wanted Suzy harmed for some reason they wouldn’t have involved a naive barman they probably didn’t even know.

As for Suzy’s car, given that the taxi driver said he spotted it there at 2:30 p.m., then the garage owner saw it there at 5 p.m., WJ says she saw it there at 12:45, then at around 13.30…then it was fund by police in the exact same position at 10:00 pm as all the others three witnesses said, in the exact same spot in Stevenage Road I believe they’re all right in their recollections. BW simply thought it was Suzy as the car was identical and the driver looked like Suzy. Don’t forget, the car must have been going at about 30mph; the driver had her head turned towards the passenger; so BW didn’t get a really good view of the driver…besides, Suzy wouldn’t have been driving around aimlessly for two hours when she was supposed to be at work. And had she been kidnapped she would’ve jumped out the car and stared screaming…FPR is always chockablock.

They're evidence in a live investigation, I guess.

Probably there are contacts in there they never traced. Obviously one of those is JC, Yer Honour. If they had traced everyone and none was JC, it would knacker their theory. Probably they are holding onto the hope that as JC was a pre-release lag until 25 July, he would have had no phone number he could give out, so wouldn't be in the diary anyway. Or something.

The problem with the police is that as they see it, this one fits JC like a glove, so little problems like his not being in the diary can just be overlooked.

Well also of course JC wasn't from Bristol anyway, he was from Sutton Coldfield. He moved to Bristol later but the conversation SJL had about a man from Bristol was with a customer at Joan Price's Face Place in 1984 - when he still was banged up.

There were a number of made-up sightings involving a black BMW too. JC didn't acquire any black BMW until 1987 so the people claiming to have seen him in one in 1986 were clearly embellishing the police account.

But it doesn’t fit JC’s MO like a glove. He was an opportunist - he didn’t seem to be a stalker. Yes, he did stalk his ex-girlfriend who was married, but that’s kind of different to a stalker obsessing over a stranger.

Did he even spot Suzy, I wonder? He supposedly visited the bars in Fulham, but during the day he worked. So the only chance he’d have had of spotting Suzy would’ve been at night and I doubt he’d have fitted in with her crowd. I doubt he could’ve even afforded all those expensive cocktails they all drank back in the 1980s. And as you say, if he had somehow got to know Suzy he’d have had to given her a number, which he didn’t have…

Let’s assume he did somehow infiltrate her crowd and pursued Suzy, and she liked him, number or no number she’d have written about him in her diary if they’d dated, even just the once. The police would have been all over that. So the chances that Suzy ever met him are almost zero I’d say.

He is a psychopath and he is extremely dangerous, we all know that, but would anyone - psychopath or not - abduct and murder a woman just two days after being released from an eight year prison term? It’s highly unlikely. Especially as he was obsessing over his married lover who lived in Bristol…it doesn’t add up.

As an aside, I seem to remember a witness saying the man seen outside Shorrolds Road was tall and well-built. JC was slight back then and he’s relatively short.

BW saw Suzy’s hat in the back of the car . I’m convinced she saw Suzy that day.

She knew Suzy and when a women vanishes you don’t forget that you saw her that day.

The women who said the car was parked there all day has kids and she was clearly mistaken and DV proved that in the book pretty much.

I’ve no idea, but to have an infestation of blowflies suggests there’s more than simply sloppy hygiene in the kitchens. Stranger still, August 1986 was one of the wettest and coldest Augusts on record in the UK, so that makes it even more unlikely to have a serious infestation of blowflies…
Hmm... well, I have a diary from 1986 and I remark in it what a lovely month August was being and was doing loads of gardening - I'd just got a strimmer! I visited my grandmother on 24 August 1986 - and we watched the final episode of the soap opera 'Albion Market'. Reference to this in my diary - and what 'gorgeous' weather we were having. Suppose the UK is quite a large area.

Last edited:
But the couple you’re referring to, if I’m correct, were rich beyond Suzy’s dreams.
Except they weren't. They maintained the outward appearance of an opulent lifestyle, and it bankrupted him.

Being bankrupted is not trivial. It's a criminal offence to hide assets, and it means that until discharged, which is typically 6 years later, you can't have credit. No bank account, no credit cards, nothing. You want to run a business, you pay cash. You can't be a director of a limited company either. You could maybe try to transfer assets to a spouse, but the spouse in question divorced the guy.

This is entirely separate from the £3,000. We don't know what that was about. The point is that if the guy was about to fall off a cliff and his whole Belgravia, nanny for the kids lifestyle is about to implode, he's going to do whatever he has to to stave that off. Perhaps including threatening someone he thinks has cost him money he now needs, like this week.

It's inferential. She didn't go to Shorrolds so she went somewhere else. We know she needed to go to the pub so she goes there. So what befell her at the pub? There is no reason for CV to kill her but what if he covered up her death in cahoots with someone else?

Either she saw her, or she saw someone else; or she saw her, but it wasn't that day. Those are the possibilities. On balance I think she saw her on that day.

The women who said the car was parked there all day has kids and she was clearly mistaken and DV proved that in the book pretty much.

Yep. The witnesses are people with time on their hands who enjoyed getting involved. Unemployed barman, unemployed cellarman, housewife. How reliable are they?

It was reported that the male of the couple was divorced, in his 30s, came from a working class background, and was a builder by trade. His (new) younger US wife certainly wasn't rich. Yes they resided in Belgravia, but IMO there are compelling reasons to believe 'rich beyond Suzy's dreams', was just an illusion.

If as it appears, SL had been avoiding this individual / couple for a number of weeks, despite their numerous phone calls, etc the question surely is just how was he / they going to get SL on her own?

Using a 'naive barman' may have been just the smoke screen that was required. And also retrieving her personal items, a reason why SL would very quickly visit a certain place where they knew she would be.

Q. Could SL have made an actual, physical money withdrawal at a bank from her account in 1986, with say no passbook just her id and signature?

Yes I know she never reached a bank, but IMO there's a real possibility she was lured to / cornered in the PoW, possibly before driving off again with the man beside her, thus fulfilling the BW sighting.

Alternatively, her life may well have been ended in the PoW, as per DVs book.

What is factual is the female said herself that she HAD been due to meet SL that very Monday lunchtime?!? (which was later called off / nanny leave day clash). But taken against Sturgis refusal to grant SL lunchtime leave for the Weds, her mother's 50th, can the female's words really be believed?

It was reported that the male of the couple was divorced, in his 30s, came from a working class background, and was a builder by trade. His (new) younger US wife certainly wasn't rich. Yes they resided in Belgravia, but IMO there are compelling reasons to believe 'rich beyond Suzy's dreams', was just an illusion.

If as it appears, SL had been avoiding this individual / couple for a number of weeks, despite their numerous phone calls, etc the question surely is just how was he / they going to get SL on her own?

Using a 'naive barman' may have been just the smoke screen that was required. And also retrieving her personal items, a reason why SL would very quickly visit a certain place where they knew she would be.

Q. Could SL have made an actual, physical money withdrawal at a bank from her account in 1986, with say no passbook just her id and signature?

Yes I know she never reached a bank, but IMO there's a real possibility she was lured to / cornered in the PoW, possibly before driving off again with the man beside her, thus fulfilling the BW sighting.

What is factual is the female said herself that she HAD been due to meet SL that very Monday lunchtime?!? (which was later called off / nanny leave day clash). But taken against Sturgis refusal to grant SL lunchtime leave for the Weds, her mother's 50th, can the female's words really be believed?

I do wonder if the woman had been overheard (nanny? other staff?) trying to make some arrangement to meet SJL the previous week, and then may have tried to cover herself afterwards if this scenario is correct.

I do wonder if the woman had been overheard (nanny? other staff?) trying to make some arrangement to meet SJL the previous week, and then may have tried to cover herself afterwards if this scenario is correct.

I was hoping DV would have tracked down the nanny in question.

Again (bizarrely) although so close to SL and indeed her disappearance, the couple are not only not in his book. But although DV days he is aware of them, he refuses / won't talk about those two individuals?! Why ....

Hmm... well, I have a diary from 1986 and I remark in it what a lovely month August was being and was doing loads of gardening - I'd just got a strimmer! Suppose the UK is quite a large area.

It would be the bins. In 1985 I worked for the summer at a bar and restaurant and one of the unpopular dirty jobs we had to do was clean out the industrial bins. You got bluebottle infestations at the drop of a hat. We poured boiling water into them to kill the thousands of maggots you found. I think it's very common.

Re weather, you can download this at https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/stationdata/heathrowdata.txt. Heathrow is likely a good proxy for south-west London.

I've looked at August 1986 (versus the average of all previous Augusts since 1948) and I get:

High: 20.0 (21.8) - so cooler
Rain: 66.7 (55.2) - so wetter
Sunshine hours: 158.3 (178.9) - so sunnier

The coldest August was 1956 at 18.8 C. The hottest was 1975 at 25.9 C.
The wettest August was 1977 at 150.3. The driest was 1983 at 11.4.
The sunniest August was 1976 at 263.7. The cloudiest was 1958 at 103.1.

August 1986 was the fifth coldest August in 39 years, the 13th rainiest and the 9th from least sunny.

So in London at least August 1986 was a bit of a dud.

I was hoping DV would have tracked down the nanny in question.

Again (bizarrely) although so close to SL and indeed her disappearance, the couple are not only not in his book. But although DV days he is aware of them, he refuses / won't talk about those two individuals?! Why ....

He stamped on that as soon as it came up in the YouTube chat. He flatly said he would not be talking about them. They were best mates and she's now a minor celeb always in search of being a bigger celeb, yet doesn't want to enhance her celebrity by discussing her friendship with SJL. Contrast this with Stephanie Slater, the EA abducted by Michael Sams but who survived. She couldn't be in the paper enough. She's not shy of publicity so why so reticent?

He's obviously, obviously been warned off.

I don't know how you'd track down the nanny or get her to remember a day in 1986. If she was a live-in nanny she might be on the electoral roll at that address.

It would be the bins. In 1985 I worked for the summer at a bar and restaurant and one of the unpopular dirty jobs we had to do was clean out the industrial bins. You got bluebottle infestations at the drop of a hat. We poured boiling water into them to kill the thousands of maggots you found. I think it's very common.

Re weather, you can download this at https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/stationdata/heathrowdata.txt. Heathrow is likely a good proxy for south-west London.

I've looked at August 1986 (versus the average of all previous Augusts since 1948) and I get:

High: 20.0 (21.8) - so cooler
Rain: 66.7 (55.2) - so wetter
Sunshine hours: 158.3 (178.9) - so sunnier

The coldest August was 1956 at 18.8 C. The hottest was 1975 at 25.9 C.
The wettest August was 1977 at 150.3. The driest was 1983 at 11.4.
The sunniest August was 1976 at 263.7. The cloudiest was 1958 at 103.1.

August 1986 was the fifth coldest August in 39 years, the 13th rainiest and the 9th from least sunny.

So in London at least August 1986 was a bit of a dud.
Thanks so much for that. as I say, looking at my diary, the August weather is recorded as mainly being 'glorious', and I went to various barbecues and outdoor gatherings throughout the summer. The information about the bins is interesting and makes sense. You see, if the pub was harbouring an unsealed body beneath the floorboards, I think there would have been more infestation and more localised to that area - and it would only take a few complaints to bring Environmental Health down probably. I'm not saying SL wasn't/isn't there but I do wonder if the fly infestation is relevant.

Hmm... well, I have a diary from 1986 and I remark in it what a lovely month August was being and was doing loads of gardening - I'd just got a strimmer! I visited my grandmother on 24 August 1986 - and we watched the final episode of the soap opera 'Albion Market'. Reference to this in my diary - and what 'gorgeous' weather we were having. Suppose the UK is quite a large area.

Hmm…well, I live in London and always have done, and I distinctly remember 1986 being a wet, colder than normal summer.

That isn’t false memory, as my historical weather links for August 1986 prove. Indeed, even the wedding of Prince Andrew and Fergie in late July was beset with black skies and rain…

The month of August 1986 was one of the worst on records for torrential rain and low temperatures.

This is taken from the official weather records:

“1986 Cold (CET 13.7, the lowest since 1956) and wet, with a very wet and windy Bank Holiday, thanks to the remnants of Hurricane Charley. The 25th was the wettest August Bank Holiday on record, with 25 mm+ of rain widespread, with 50 mm of rain over Wales, the Midlands, and the north of England. 135 mm was recorded at Aber in north Wales. Needless to say, there was extensive flooding and disruption caused by many trees brought down by the high winds. In the rain the temperature was only 10C. Earlier in the day, a very low minimum for the time of year of -3.4C was recorded at Kinbrace (Highland). The rain continued in the east on the 26th. Rainfall was particularly heavy in Ireland, where it caused major difficulties. The 29th has been named as on average the wettest day on record (since 1891) across the UK (until October 2020). The worst August of recent times. It was also very dull, with just 143 hours average sunshine.”

Here too is a link to a chart showing how unusually wet and cold August 1986 was in the UK:

City of London August 1986 Historical Weather Data (United Kingdom) - Weather Spark

Hmm…well, I live in London and always have done, and I distinctly remember 1986 being a wet, colder than normal summer.

That isn’t false memory, as my historical weather links for August 1986 prove. Indeed, even the wedding of Prince Andrew and Fergie in late July was beset with black skies and rain…

The month of August 1986 was one of the worst on records for torrential rain and low temperatures.

This is taken from the official weather records:

“1986 Cold (CET 13.7, the lowest since 1956) and wet, with a very wet and windy Bank Holiday, thanks to the remnants of Hurricane Charley. The 25th was the wettest August Bank Holiday on record, with 25 mm+ of rain widespread, with 50 mm of rain over Wales, the Midlands, and the north of England. 135 mm was recorded at Aber in north Wales. Needless to say, there was extensive flooding and disruption caused by many trees brought down by the high winds. In the rain the temperature was only 10C. Earlier in the day, a very low minimum for the time of year of -3.4C was recorded at Kinbrace (Highland). The rain continued in the east on the 26th. Rainfall was particularly heavy in Ireland, where it caused major difficulties. The 29th has been named as on average the wettest day on record (since 1891) across the UK (until October 2020). The worst August of recent times. It was also very dull, with just 143 hours average sunshine.”

Here too is a link to a chart showing how unusually wet and cold August 1986 was in the UK:

City of London August 1986 Historical Weather Data (United Kingdom) - Weather Spark
Hmm... well I wouldn't try to score some kind of 'win' - it's off topic and my diary is sitting on the desk beside the computer. I have no axe to grind.

She knew Suzy and when a women vanishes you don’t forget that you saw her that day.

I’m sure BW was convinced she saw Suzy driving along, but I don’t see how she could have seen Suzy’s hat on the back ledge of the car when the car was travelling on the opposite side of the road to her, possibly going at 30mph, while she herself was riding in the opposite direction on a bicycle.

BW said she waved at Suzy, but even that seemed slightly odd to me…why would she wave at Suzy if she had her head turned towards her passenger? Something about it doesn’t add up, and whilst I don’t think she was lying, I do think she possibly convinced herself it was Suzy for some reason…

Besides, the taxi driver described Suzy’s car and how it was parked in Stevenage Road at around the same frame of time BW supposedly saw it, and it couldn’t have been at two places at the same time. Given that three separate witnesses all saw Suzy’s car parked in Stevenage Road - including the police themselves - and it was in the exact same position WJ had described - it’s logical to accept that that was where the car was all afternoon and evening.

DV may say WJ got her timings wrong, but he spoke to her almost 35 years after it happened and she may not be in the best frame of mind if she’s now elderly, which I think he alluded to. WJ was quite definite on the timings when she saw the car numerous times that day; even saying how the clock in the bank showed it was around 12:52pm after she’d first spotted the car. I’d say her account back then was extremely accurate, especially as it was parked right opposite her window and the reason she became aware of it was that it was parked askew and slightly across the garage.

Except they weren't. They maintained the outward appearance of an opulent lifestyle, and it bankrupted him.

Being bankrupted is not trivial. It's a criminal offence to hide assets, and it means that until discharged, which is typically 6 years later, you can't have credit. No bank account, no credit cards, nothing. You want to run a business, you pay cash. You can't be a director of a limited company either. You could maybe try to transfer assets to a spouse, but the spouse in question divorced the guy.

This is entirely separate from the £3,000. We don't know what that was about. The point is that if the guy was about to fall off a cliff and his whole Belgravia, nanny for the kids lifestyle is about to implode, he's going to do whatever he has to to stave that off. Perhaps including threatening someone he thinks has cost him money he now needs, like this week.

It's inferential. She didn't go to Shorrolds so she went somewhere else. We know she needed to go to the pub so she goes there. So what befell her at the pub? There is no reason for CV to kill her but what if he covered up her death in cahoots with someone else?

I believe the man in question is still extremely rich, actually. And at the time they were living in Belgravia they must have had a huge income to afford the lifestyle they were leading. Yes, he declared himself bankrupt, but that’s how very rich people hang onto their assets. I actually know someone who himself is incredibly rich: he advises rich people where to put their money for safe keeping in the event they are forced into bankruptcy.

The man we’re talking about is still extremely rich now, so how did he turn things around after bankruptcy if he was penniless? It’s obvious he had money stashed away…

I know bankrupts can’t have bank accounts for six years, so as he knew he was entering bankruptcy just days after Suzy’s disappearance, he’d hardly have wanted a cheque off her. His creditors would have immediately eaten it up. What’s more, the extent of his finances and difficulties could not be compared to Suzy’s finances. Here was a man living in Belgravia, albeit going into receivership, while Suzy was paying a mortgage on a small top floor flat in Putney. They were worlds apart financially, and a meagre £3,000 would have been peanuts to him - especially as he must have had masses stashed away under different names etc. And whilst hidden assets/tax evasion are criminal offences, hugely rich people employ accountants (such as my friend) who advises them of all the loopholes on legal evasion.

All that aside, who says that this man met Suzy in the PoW? He’s never been mentioned, ever. How do you you know he met Suzy there? <modsnip: Rude and personalizing> There’s nothing wrong in coming up with hypothesis, but the scenario you’ve suggested - where this astute businessman has roped in naive barmen who are strangers to him in order to ambush Suzy, when he knew exactly where to find her, sounds almost farcical. I don’t mean to be rude about this, but people don’t do such dramatic things involving strangers unless they want to be caught. And as he’s never even been questioned, it seems absurd to even think he would do such a thing. He must be intelligent and savvy, how else would he be so rich? So I can’t see him publicly sitting in a local pub where he’d be easily spotted, and then ordering the new barman/manager to “hide” Suzy, possibly kill her, hide her body - then dispose of her car.

And the money to open a beauty shop (which is just rumours) and did it ever exist - that wouldn’t have bankrupted him if he never took the lease on, which it appears he never did. No-one’s ever mentioned a beauty shop opening, and despite the police going through Suzy’s bank accounts, there was nothing that flagged up to suggest she’d gone into business with anyone otherwise the police would have delved into that…

I also think that CV sounded too naive and inexperienced to get himself involved in a murder - with a stranger at that.

If Suzy was murdered in the pub, even accidentally, the likeliest scenario would be that CV had looked in her diary and seen private things about her life which excited him, and as she was very pretty he probably was attracted to her, but knew she was out of his league and in a moment of madness he came onto her inside his office where he’d have taken her; overpowered her in his sudden urge and somehow killed her, whether by accident or purposely. I think that’s the most likely scenario.

Murders are often unpremeditated, and when the full facts are discovered they’re often quite mundane. I don’t mean that disrespectfully, but they’re often things that simply get out of hand very quickly. It’s all the curiosity surrounding the mystery that starts dramatic rumours, turning them into something involving masses of exaggerated speculation.

I personally think CV is the perpetrator and he’s also tripped himself up badly. He told the police that Suzy told him she’d collect her belongings at 6 PM, but she couldn’t have told him that as she already had a viewing booked for 6 PM. CV couldn’t have known that, and I suspect that’s what DV noticed when looking at her work diary. And that’s why CV is now saying he can’t remember what time Suzy said she’d arrive to collect her belongings…he’s since seen she had a viewing at that time. He’s tripped himself up, badly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry, but DV hasn’t proved anything. Everything he’s said is speculative.

JW lived bang opposite where Suzy’s car was parked and she had no reason whatsoever to make up she first saw the car when she did. It was actually there, you know. The police found it there. JW said she first spotted it at 12:45 pm, then when she returned home from shopping. Just like the taxi driver and garage owner said.

They can’t all be wrong, especially as they were actually there, that very day. DV is just giving his opinion almost half a century later…based on JW now being much older and not in the best of health. She may have Dementia for all anyone knows. But she didn’t have Dementia back in 1985. And just because someone is a housewife with children it doesn’t mean they have time on their hands…she had a house to run and a family to care for.

Not all witnesses are busybodies, and if DV thinks witnesses are of little use, why has he travelled all over the world trying to speak to them 35 years after the event?

Either she saw her, or she saw someone else; or she saw her, but it wasn't that day. Those are the possibilities. On balance I think she saw her on that day.

Yep. The witnesses are people with time on their hands who enjoyed getting involved. Unemployed barman, unemployed cellarman, housewife. How reliable are they?

Why would a witness be unreliable if they’re a housewife or an unemployed barman?

The couple weren’t divorced or even separated when Suzy went missing - they separated afterwards.

Yes, the husband did come from a working class background, and many multi-millionaires do. His trade may have been as a builder, but that can be extremely lucrative if they expand, employ staff, buy up properties etc…the fact he originated from a WC background shows he was obviously savvy and ambitious, and as he’s still extremely rich now he’s obviously done well for himself.

Suzy appeared to be somewhat in awe of the couple and their lifestyle, and openly admitted to the wife how lucky she was to have everything she wanted and live in such a beautiful home. So illusion or not, that was the world she saw when she visited them.

Suzy may not have been avoiding them deliberately, she may have simply been busy living her life. She did have a hectic social life - that’s a fact.

What makes you think the couple wanted to get Suzy on her own? And how do you know they were constantly calling her?

Had they wanted to get her on their own they wouldn’t have arranged to get her in a pub…while she was officially at work. They were close friends, so they didn’t need to involve total strangers…

In answer to your question if Suzy could have withdrawn cash from the bank without her cheque book - no, she couldn’t have. No bank in England would give any customer cash without a cheque book or savings book back in 1986; not even if it was their own branch and they knew the staff.

I don’t believe BW saw Suzy driving along at 2:45pm: I think she thought it was Suzy and made a simple mistake. Where would Suzy have been for the last two hours had it been her driving? BW didn’t say the car was was being driven erratically, nor did the woman appear fearful, so can you imagine Suzy just leaving work when she was scared of her boss anyway, and had slipped out quickly to then decide to just cruise around Fulham, driving, chatting to a man for two hours?

BW made a mistake. She may have even wanted attention…who knows? Just because she appeared grounded and normal doesn’t mean she didn’t convince herself it was Suzy so she could be in front of the camera. I don’t think she’d have done that, but some people do, irrespective of their upbringing/status and how normal they seem. I personally think she was mistaken, and all it’s done is muddy the waters. Don’t forget, the taxi driver spotted Suzy’s car at the same time BW supposedly did, but he didn’t choose to go on camera…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave