UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think hiding a body in London need be all that difficult. If you're in a Victorian or Edwardian terrace you just need to get under the floorboards of the ground floor. About two feet underneath these, there is just dirt. If you have access to a house for long enough to do that, that's where you put her. The site would not have been disturbed unless someone gets planning permission to rebuild the whole house, which is rare.
Exactly right, isn’t it a coincidence that Shorrolds Road contains one of the Kipper brothers and that particular Kipper moved from Wardo to Shorrolds not long before SJL disappeared.
I’m sure the question had be asked before, but did this particular Kipper still have full access to his former property in Wardo?

Exactly right, isn’t it a coincidence that Shorrolds Road contains one of the Kipper brothers and that particular Kipper moved from Wardo to Shorrolds not long before SJL disappeared.
I’m sure the question had be asked before, but did this particular Kipper still have full access to his former property in Wardo?
Well, you do wonder. In plain sight indeed.

By accident or design the perp has managed to hide her remains, if locally then it would be local knowledge imo, one thing with the MET and JC they have never ventured to what happened to her remains yet seem convince he killed her.
JC is from the midlands. he does not have a good geographic knowledge of the london area as far as i know. so how did he manage to hide SL remains so well for 38 yrs.

JC is from the midlands. he does not have a good geographic knowledge of the london area as far as i know. so how did he manage to hide SL remains so well for 38 yrs.
That's my point, guess that's what they went digging in his mums garage .

That's my point, guess that's what they went digging in his mums garage .
As I said before, JC doesn’t like hard work, plus disposal in water is a natural cleaner of evidence.
If it’s JC water is where he will have disposed of SJL. Even as inept as he is he’s not going to put her in concrete in his moms garage.

As I said before, JC doesn’t like hard work, plus disposal in water is a natural cleaner of evidence.
If it’s JC water is where he will have disposed of SJL. Even as inept as he is he’s not going to put her in concrete in his mom’s garage.
Unfortunately there’s a lot of places between London and JC’s home in Sutton Coldfield. Even on his mom’s doorstep there’s (what is not Sutton Park Nature Reserve). Back then just plain old Sutton Park.
It contains seven pools all capable of being a deposit sight. However, over the year’s they’ve all been drained at some point except one.
Wyndley pool AFAIK has never been drained and coincidentally is the only one accessible 24/7 365 days of the year. Additionally, you can drive right up to within a metre with your car.
Add to this the fact that JC’s much hated school backs onto the same pool and you have another coincidence.
If SB’s disposal is anything to go by he’s likely to choose a sight 40 to 60 miles from London. This doesn’t narrow things down much.

JC had shared use of a Ford Sierra in 1986, a car which had an enormous boot under a hatch with a parcel shelf. It would be a pretty good way to move a body around. But if Cannan did this and moved her, perhaps to a site such as Terry outlines, then he probably had both to kill SJL and get her body into this car out of anyone else's view. This may mean both happened inside the same lock-up garage.

His flat in Bristol, Foye House in Bridge Road, does have a layout similar to the block of flats in Sun Road where Taggart lives, with a number of garages on the ground floor.

JC had shared use of a Ford Sierra in 1986, a car which had an enormous boot under a hatch with a parcel shelf. It would be a pretty good way to move a body around. But if Cannan did this and moved her, perhaps to a site such as Terry outlines, then he probably had both to kill SJL and get her body into this car out of anyone else's view. This may mean both happened inside the same lock-up garage.

His flat in Bristol, Foye House in Bridge Road, does have a layout similar to the block of flats in Sun Road where Taggart lives, with a number of garages on the ground floor.
Agree that’s possible, what makes it difficult is that given the level of mobility SJL could be just about anywhere.
This also applies to DV’s theory and the PoW pub. If SJL isn’t in the cellar (and I don’t see she can be) and not on the railway embankment the same applies.
Once the perpetrator has the opportunity to move the body the whole of the UK is open to him.
With the PoW narrative moving a body out of the cellar via (and it’s just conjecture) via the access in the road wouldn’t attract too much attention.

What's the movements of JC after the disappearance is it known, did he leave London altogether?

They're disputed. He says he went back to Birmingham. This alibi was not checked when offered, and by the time anyone thought to do so, all involved had died.

He could have put in an appearance in Birmingham, and then driven to London and back, if he had a car. I was living in Moseley in south-east Birmingham in July 1986, having moved with work from north-west London. I still had a woman in London and driving to see her there from Moseley took me about 2, 2.5 hours. Moseley's about 12 miles north of Sutton, so further, but driving from there to London would then actually have been slightly quicker. It's the same route (M6, M1), but Sutton's nearer the M6. There was no M40 then, but the western section of the M25 was built and open from 1984 or 1985.

So had JC wanted to put himself about Brum a bit by day to establish an alibi, then drive back down to London to retrieve a body, he could have done this. If he did it overnight, even his mother wouldn't necessarily notice that he'd left the house.

Wyndley pool AFAIK has never been drained and coincidentally is the only one accessible 24/7 365 days of the year. Additionally, you can drive right up to within a metre with your car.
That's actually really interesting. On Google Earth it looks perfect and it's 300 by 120-odd metres.

So if someone ditched a body there off the road, the edge to search would be the north, I guess? Is it deep there?

Another good local-ish site would be Blithfield Reservoir. It's 20-odd miles from Sutton, has a road bridge right across the middle, there's a nice low parapet and it's very, very quiet:

JC and people like him presumably scope these places out in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay