UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will look further into this ,it does mention a criminologist so prehaps I will search his name and see if I can find anything about his work . I apologise again and sincerely hope my post has not misled I was not aware of misinformation on Wikipedia and will know for further posts thank you
Found one article relating to suzys dna will look for sandra

Hopefully These links help and are an approved source WiseOwl

Criminologist speaks out on details linking Sutton Coldfield sex monster to murder of Suzy Lamplugh
This is Christopher Berry Dee, who claims Suzy's DNA was found in Cannan's car.
Berry Dee also wrote a book claiming Michael Sam's was Suzy's killer, so I think he may be a little confused. He also says that the SLP numberplate was on Cannan's Ford, when it was actually on Shirley Banks' Mini (which Cannan stole, repainted and like the genius he is, stored in his own garage).

That article also names JC as a suspect for Melanie Hall in 1996. He was actually questioned in regards to planning the perfect murder with his cellmate, the serial rapist Christopher Clark, who was released in 1996 (and attempted a rape in Bath, near where Melanie had vanished).
Cannan obviously couldn't have abducted Melanie as he was in prison in 1996.
He has also been mentioned for the murder of Shelley Morgan in 1984, even though he was in prison for that one too.

Here's the Sandra Court letter...

Postmarked in Southampton on 16 May 1987.

No, basically. Rapist, West Midlands, house = clearly Cannan. Except it wasn't. First, this criminal turned up at houses with a 'for sale' board outside and assaulted the owner if female. He didn't book appointments with an estate agent. Second, this criminal didn't kill anyone, so there are witnesses to his appearance, so a cursory check of his description would tell whether this was Cannan or not. You never hear of this being done. The West Midlands Police have never shown any interest in Cannan for this either. This case is frequently included in TV documentaries about SJL essentially to implicate Cannan in it by insinuation.

The Wikipedia article on this case is utter tripe BTW, and 100% worthless as a source.
I doubt if JC was the HFSR, but there are some general similarities in MO and appearance. The police don't seem to have done any ID parades with victims, or anything like that. There are never any appeals about the case. I wonder when it was last reviewed.

I suspect (although I may be wrong) that the evidence has been lost or thrown out.
If Cannan wasn't the rapist, then who was?

As for the wikipedia article, I completely agree...

I think it's fair to say then that all avenues and alibis were checked to eliminate AL.
Definitely. If the police had tried to charge someone with this, having not conclusively eliminated AL, the obvious line the defence would take is "it's always the boyfriend; the police never properly eliminated the boyfriend; therefore it might have been the boyfriend; therefore there's reasonable doubt that it was my client. Your Honour, please throw this case out." Even if the police didn't think for a nanosecond AL had anything to do with it, they'd still have to eliminate him beyond all argument - as they did.

The simpler explanation IMO of the various conflicting, and in some cases unlikely, accounts AL has given is empathy for DL in her loss. DL was comforting herself by managing SJL's posthumous reputation. She thought SJL's name would be besmirched by sensational disclosures about her personal life. She was quite successful in closing this down. All we know is AS' remark that some of the stuff dropped from his book was "News of the World material". It's a while since I read his book, but AS does indicate that at the time she disappeared, SJL was four-timing AL. Maybe the details are what he meant. DL would have regarded SJL not being a virgin when unmarried at 25 as completely disgraceful, so it's not hard to see why they fell out.
I think the police said he had to provide a witness who saw her go to the pub that day before they would act. It looks like his work will go to waste. I reread the Andrew Stephens book, and he points out the discrepancies in the relief landlords account from 1986 to 1987 assuring us its purely a mistake. Maybe he picked up on something ?
This has always struck me as pretty disingenuous by the police because literally from the get-go, they told the world that SJL went to 37SR and met a man there. They were informed of her disappearance at 6pm on Monday, and were going with this narrative by 2pm on Tuesday before they'd taken a single statement from anyone. This pretty much guaranteed that if anyone thought they'd seen her going into the PoW at 1pm they would not have come forward, because according to the police, that definitely wasn't her. It was nonsense to suggest that DV should now find a witness to this 35 years after the fact when it was their job to do so in 1986. Even if DV somehow did find such a witness they'd dismiss it as not credible after so long.
I'm not Terry, but I think the DV/POW stuff is very unlikely.
I also haven't seen anything to suggest the landlord is dodgy.
For the CV/KH theory to stack up, the pub would have had to be closed and empty but for the landlord, who'd have to be a reflexive sex attacker. There's no evidence of this in the book, although DV may have more than he lets on.

At best, the only person saying she never turned up there is CV/KH - which, if he did it, he would say that, wouldn't he? Then again, he'd also say it if it were true, so it doesn't prove a lot. It's also inconceivable that she's under the pub floor because it was relaid in the mid 1990s and nothing was found, and if she had been found, the suspects list would have about one or two names on it.

If CV/KH/ A N Other did it she'd be on the railway embankment behind, not inside the pub.
I doubt if JC was the HFSR, but there are some general similarities in MO and appearance. The police don't seem to have done any ID parades with victims, or anything like that.
The point I guess is that this attacker left a witness every time he offended, because he didn't kill his victims. It would therefore be trivial to establish whether this could have been Cannan. I suspect this was done and he was eliminated, because the HSFR was e.g. a 6-foot 20-stone Asian or something, but it doesn't support the narrative so it keeps coming up.

Cannan was not the only rapist in the country. In 1986 Birmingham had a population of 1 million which was about 2% of the national population. 4,000 rapists a year were convicted in the 1980s (and always jailed), so about a 80 year from Birmingham, pro-rata. Depending on how long a rapist is active for (10 years? 12 years?), there could have been 1,000 rapists in Birmingham. So with the HSFR case as with SJL, I always ask why it can't have been any of the others who did this sort of thing. If there were 1,000 active rapists in Birmingham, have the other 999 been eliminated? How many rapists had been released from Brixton, Wandsworth and Wormwood Scrubs in the first half of 1986*, and why can't it any of them, given that the two former were nearer where SJL lived than WS was?

* by my calculation about 1 to 2 a week based on the population in these three prisons, so 50 to 100 by the end of July

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back