UK - the late Jimmy Savile and the underage sex charges now confronting the BBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As you already know, a whole new investigation into the abuse at UK care homes has been ordered by the PM and opened by the Home Secretary, coming off the back of the JS revelations.

I don't know whether to post on here or start a new thread? I'm tempted to go for the latter, as whilst we are covering the same sick and sorry subject, the care home abuse is not necessarily linked to JS.

New thread or no?
The government has never cared about the abuse of children in care homes. It took me 25yrs to speak out and the police and social services did nothing. I even have physical scars to prove what they did.

I've just watched this.
[video=youtube;_PyQPRdGM0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PyQPRdGM0c[/video]

I wonder what Jimmy Savile's childhood was like.

DM now more interested in Lord McAlpine prosecuting Sally Bercow for libel than they are in pursuing pedophiles. #toadies

I have never read any of the Savile biographies but I gather that his father and mother brought him up. Father was a bookies clerk. One of JS's brothers was also an abuser, he abused psychiatric patients in a hospital and lost his job.

He has other siblings with no blemish on their reputations. You have to wonder why JS turned out as he did, if you read about all the things he is supposed to have done, Bevan boy, cyclist, first ever DJ etc, the numbers don't add up at all. I think he was a fantasist.

Apparently unrelated to the Savile matter but in the news....

Sir Cyril Smith 'sexually abused boys', MP tells Commons (Telegraph)

Retired bishop Peter Ball held in child sex abuse investigation (Independent)

Cyril Smith
fattysmith.jpg

Anyone remember when DM was out front on this story? I don't either really. They've apparently so worn themselves down with whingeing about the BBC and the Leveson Inquiry and Sally Bercow that they're reduced to tacking on old news (with a new element not important to the investigation itself) to reported news that appeared first somewhere else, viz.

Niece 'molested' by Savile 'driven to suicide' by Facebook taunts as claims emerge the TV star preyed on girls in cathedral

So the formula for the Sunday Mail today is: Savile niece (old news) + "Facebook taunts" (new alleged element) + cathedral vestry allegation (taken from the Sunday Mirror) = what, exactly?

Low marks, Mail. Even for you.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/11/18/Troubles-Grow-For-Newest-New-York-Times-Boss

Troubles are growing for the newest boss of The New York Times over the shocking abuse scandal perpetrated by one of the BBC's most famous TV personalities, Jimmy Savile.

In the letter, sent by Thompson's office around September 7, the BBC Director General warns he'll sue The Sunday Times if it publishes any stories saying he knew of the developing Savile scandal. Thompson left the employ of the broadcaster on September 17 and told The New York Times that he didn't learn of the cancellation of the Savile program until after he left the taxpayer-supported broadcaster. But the dates of the cease and desist letter clearly shows he knew of the Savile program more than a week before he told The New York Times that he knew about it.

bbm

Lord McAlpine who wasn't named on British TV as a paedophile has successfully managed to sue/extort damages from ITV and BBC and an apology from an abuse victim, in addition to sueing 10,000 Twitterers released an interesting book a few years ago.

From the Pop***** mailout, I quote:

"Poor old McAlpine, we can't help
but feel that his days as the subject
of internet forum rumours are not
over, despite his libel cases
against BBC, ITV, Twitterers.

This passage is from a politics book
published in 2000, called The New
Machiavelli. In it, the author
gives advice on how to trick the
media and use it to your advantage:

"Another useful plot is the false
accusation. First, create a situation
where you are falsely accused. Then,
at a convenient moment, arrange for
the false accusation to be shown to
be false beyond all doubt... Further
accusations will then be treated with
great suspicion."
pg 176, The New Machiavelli (2000)
Author: Alistair McAlpine"

He is clearly following his own advice

Its all gone very quiet now. I hope they don't think they can make it all go away.

MP Cyril Smith DID abuse young boys in the 1960s and would face charges if he was still alive, police say (Daily Mail)

Okay to go after late Liberal politicians; not so in case(s) of living Conservative politicians. Next on hit list: Labour.
I find it quite disgraceful that people have been ignored for years while the powers that be quite obviously considered this behaviour normal by continually sweeping it under the carpet. It certainly makes me wonder what the people in charge may have to hide about themselves.

FRIENDS of the Aussie entertainer interviewed by police on suspicion of sexual misconduct have accused detectives of indiscriminately rounding up suspects and tainting their names.

The Australian celebrity aged in his 80s was nowhere to be seen at his property yesterday; his partner of many years was at home with other relatives including a man believed to be his son-in-law but both declined to comment.

A friend told the British press the Australian entertainer and children’s TV presenter, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had done nothing wrong.

“Quite frankly I think police should be ashamed of what they are doing,” the friend who has known the Australian for 50 years has said.

Giant TV broadcast vans with roof-top satellite dishes and a number of Fleet Street photographers have clogged the small laneway outside the star’s home. The attention prompted a number of police to patrol the laneway a number of times during the day. Many media remain in their cars with heaters on prompting locals to complain about the constant car engine drones.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ian-music-legend/story-e6freuy9-1226527780646

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back