UK - the late Jimmy Savile and the underage sex charges now confronting the BBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Australian MSM - getting plenty of coverage here - a small selection.

STATUS Quo rocker Francis Rossi tells of Jimmy Savile's sick invite to join in his dressing room 'sex party'.
The former rocker has weighed in on the ongoing Jimmy Savile child sex abuse scandal recalling how he was invited to join a sex party with the presenter in 1968.
Rossi tells the Mirror that at just 18-years-of-age he was approached by Savile as he waited to appear on the popular UK show Top of the Pops.
Savile, who has since been exposed as a serial sex abuser, invited him to his dressing room, saying: 'Come here later on because there's going to be something. Come and see me tarts, some *advertiser censored***** tarts we have got in.'
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...and-see-me-tarts/story-e6frfmqi-1226511364157

AT Jimmy Savile's funeral a year ago, the priest delivering the homily was emphatic: the DJ and television host "can face eternal life with confidence".
Hundreds of people packed a cathedral for Savile's funeral Mass, thousands paid their respects at his coffin, and people from Prince Charles to the Bee Gees sent condolences.

He was a cultural fixture, even an icon, and his BBC television shows had been part of childhood for two generations of Britons.
But a year on, Savile's reputation is in ruins. Police have branded him one of Britain's worst sex offenders, accused of assaulting underage girls over half a century. Like those who feted and praised him on that November day, millions are wondering: How could he have duped so many for so long?
9 Nov 2012 -
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...le-myth-in-ruins/story-e6frf7k6-1226513984818

SHOCKING footage has emerged of British television icon Jimmy Savile groping a young woman live on air, while an Australian man is thought to be among 300 victims abused by the presenter.
Disturbing YouTube footage taken from Top of the Pops in 1976 shows a teenage Sylvia Edwards wriggling away from Savile who had his hand up her skirt and was groping her bottom with one hand while he calmly introduces the next act to the camera.
http://www.news.com.au/world/austra...-of-jimmy-savile/story-fndir2ev-1226504479477

THE former flatmate and chauffeur of British TV presenter Jimmy Savile faces more questions from police after he was arrested over historic abuse allegations.
..Ray Teret was held by officers from Greater Manchester Police by detectives investigating three separate claims of sexual abuse.

Two men aged 61 and 71 were arrested on Thursday in Altrincham, Greater Manchester, on suspicion of rape.

Police emphasised that the accusations were not linked to the national inquiry into abuse by disgraced TV presenter Savile, with whom Teret worked with and once shared a flat.

Detective Inspector Simon Davies said: "The arrest follows an investigation by the serious sexual offences unit into three separate allegations of historic sexual abuse which have been reported to Greater Manchester Police since October 28.

"I want to make it absolutely clear that this is not an investigation into the late Jimmy Savile, nor do any of the allegations relate to any involvement by Savile."

Savile's nephew Guy Marsden has backed calls for the body of the Top of the Pops presenter to be exhumed and cremated.

He said on Wednesday that he "100 per cent" supported families who called for Savile's body to be moved away from the graves of their loved ones in Scarborough's Woodlands Cemetery following claims that Savile abused 300 people over six decades.

Marsden said: "If it was one of mine who was buried there, I wouldn't like it if someone like Jimmy was in the same place."

Savile driver questioned over abuse claims
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...ver-abuse-claims/story-e6frf7k6-1226513872096

Jim with Dutch in the background, who would have thought......

article-2219550-158FBFA9000005DC-898_634x593.jpg

Is that a pistol holster on the arm of the chair?

Is this the first time McAlpine has been named as a potential perp in the media?

he has not been named as a potential abuser anywhere except online. It is defamatory to do so, even online, but the mainstream media respect this more than people on twitter. It really is bad how much speculation, and throwing around of names is going on online. For one thing it means innocent people may be being accused, and another is thta it messes up any future trial as it may prejudice the case. I hope those naming people on twitter do get sued or prosecuted for contempt, because they demonstrate any utter disregard for the law, justice, and victims. We have already seen people prosecuted for naming a rape victim on twitter and facebook, as well as other titter users investigated by police for contempt etc, and given the chatter about april jones, tia shrap etc we are seeing on social media it is not going to be long before a trial is thrown out of court because of people on twitter and facebook gossiping, just as one of the levi bellfield cases was thrown out of court because of msm reporting in contempt.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-abusers-given-to-pm-live-on-air-8297630.html

Lord McAlpine now taking legal action against websites involved in accusing him of child abuse according to the BBC.

Well he hasn't been accused of child abuse here if that is what you are implying. If you read my post properly it is a question in response to a link saying that it was a case of mistaken identity.

I think that this thread needs to be on topic, the topic being Savile and his alleged crimes

Well he hasn't been accused of child abuse here if that is what you are implying. If you read my post properly it is a question in response to a link saying that it was a case of mistaken identity.

I think that this thread needs to be on topic, the topic being Savile and his alleged crimes

No not here, its twitter users that seem to be in trouble. he is apparently considering (or going ahead, depending on which news bulletin one sees) legal action against social media like twitter and the users who have been claiming he is a paedophile.

For Steve Messham, and the pressures he must have faced, and is facing:
[video=youtube;TNCwhnUIguw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNCwhnUIguw[/video]

'I know how Lord McAlpine feels' says ex-BBC producer arrested for sex abuse (Telegraph)
Former BBC producer Wilfred De’ath who was arrested today on suspicion of sexually
assaulting a well-known British actress has insisted that he is a victim of ‘mistaken identity’

---
In his autobiography 'Uncommon Criminal' published in 2008, Mr De'ath described himsef as a 'sexual predator' who had 'targeted' the actresses Susanna York, Julie Christie, and Charlotte Rampling. He admitted to being a voyeur and claimed to have 'lifelong twin obsessions with sex and religion.'
---
Last month Mr De’ath told ITV that he had challenged Savile over his behaviour after he spent a night with a 12-year-old girl in a hotel room.

He said: “I know for a fact that Jimmy spent a night in a rather squalid hotel with a girl who was at the most 12, or probably 10, and I said to him, ‘Jimmy you are living dangerously. Surely you must realise you're living dangerously?’

“All he said was, ‘Oh no no no. I’m much too valuable to the BBC for them to do anything to me.

“He didn’t think anything could happen. And nothing did happen. Nobody grassed on him in any way, although we all knew.”
---
much more at the link

Story was all over our media tonight-

By Brian McNair, Queensland University of Technology

To get one Newsnight story about child abuse wrong could be regarded as an unfortunate lapse of editorial management by the BBC. To mess up two such stories in quick succession is much more than careless, and indicative of a failure of executive leadership.

George Entwistle, who served just 54 days as the BBC’s Director General, resigned on Saturday night because he knew that the disaster of the McAlpine story was his responsibility as editor-in-chief.

The transcript of the BBC Radio 4 interview in which Entwistle sealed his fate demonstrates a Director-General who was simply not paying attention when the biggest crisis of the corporation’s history was breaking all over the internet, and indeed in the rest of the mainstream media.

Asked by interviewer John Humphrys why he hadn’t seen the now-notorious McAlpine package before it went out on Friday November 2 he replied: “The film was not drawn to my attention before transmission”.

Oh, okay. But why, asked Humphrys, didn’t he observe on that same Friday the Twitter buzz around the story – that a senior Conservative politician was going to be named as a paedophile? “I check Twitter at the end of the day sometimes – or I don’t”.

What about the Guardian front page splash the next morning, reporting that the McAlpine accusation had now been retracted by the victim, Mr Stephen Messham? No, he didn’t see that either, because “I was giving a speech early in the morning”.

12 Nov 2012, 9:00 am
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1710355/BBC-chief-quits-over-catastrophic-failure-of-journ

And just in case viewers felt like bringing up their dinner, this little gem had a re-airing tonight on ABC2 -

8:30pm Monday, November 12 2012
When Louis Met Jimmy
Synopsis
In the year 2000 Louis Theroux spent a week with Sir Jimmy Savile filming this off-beat documentary. Louis raises the rumours of paedophilia and Savile's response is now even more horrifying given recent revelations.

Bit of a coincidence, but the TV crime series new tricks (which i am sure is by the bbc) had a 2008 episode called "a face for radio" which was about a former BBC DJ and TOTP presenter who preyed on under age teenage girls.

A former BBC employee has been charged with sexual offences against children.

Michael Souter, of Low Bungay Road, Loddon, Norfolk, has been charged with 18 offences relating to male children, plus an offence against a man and one against a woman.

Norfolk Police said the offences date back to between 1979 and 1999 and happened in Norfolk.

A live one, more at link

The moment when Daily Mail finally jumped the shark completely, ceased all investigative reporting about Savile and pedophile rings, even quit its incessant attempts to tear down the BBC, and set its sights on the Leveson Inquiry. Another low moment in journalistic history, brought to you by DM!

Disturbing questions over Leveson's key adviser: Special Investigation
into a central figure in the McAlpine scandal and judicial inquiry into the press

Pollitics of the Cover-Up 101: when the Establishment won't let the investigation climb any higher.

Which speaks volumes about what might be found there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curiousinky
Back