UK - the late Jimmy Savile and the underage sex charges now confronting the BBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any excuse

[video=youtube;kyoW0tf6N-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyoW0tf6N-Q[/video]

Google the above name with Savile

However, The Telegraph can disclose that Jimmy Savile was questioned by a legal team over the allegations but refused to co-operate.
He even made fun of the solicitor, according to a senior BBC source, prompting a complaint to BBC bosses that was seemingly ignored.
It was a time when pressure was growing on Savile, already one of the BBC’s biggest stars.
Top of the Pops, which he hosted, was the subject of a separate but related police inquiry in 1971, led by the same detectives, into claims that a 15-year-old dancer on the programme had been “used” by disc jockeys and other celebrities.
The girl, Clair McAlpine, subsequently committed suicide. She had named Savile in her diary as one of those abusers, according to her family.

and

Janie Jones, a singer who ran sex parties at her home in Kensington, was jailed for three years in 1974 after becoming snared in the scandal.
She was found guilty of controlling prostitutes and trying to pervert the course of justice. After being tracked down by The Telegraph, Miss Jones told how she was summoned to meet Savile on her release in 1977.
It was a bizarre encounter in which Savile accused her of siding with Myra Hindley, whose release she campaigned for after meeting the killer in jail, while expressing his own desire to have sex with under age girls.
Savile, according to Miss Jones, was an apparently keen supporter of Ian Brady, Hindley’s accomplice in the Moors murders.
Miss Jones, now 75, said: “Savile just kept saying that he could not understand why people went on about 13-year-old girls because they were 'gagging’ for it. I told him that anybody who wants to go with a 13-year-old is a paedophile.
"Then he was bragging that he had met Ian Brady. He said it was disgraceful that I was siding with Hindley against Brady. At the time he was doing Jim’ll Fix It, but he was interested in 13-year-olds.”

Lots of odd Ickean coincedences in this passage alone. Link here

Schoolgirls molested by Jimmy Savile were dismissed as 'delinquents' yesterday by their former headmistress.
Margaret Jones said some of her pupils at Duncroft Approved School were 'no angels', and had traded sex for cigarettes.
Some were coming forward now with 'wild allegations' about abuse only to make money, and had only themselves to blame if they had not complained at the time, she claimed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...immy-Savile-claims-told-to.html#ixzz2BICDhH2L
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Savile-claims-told-to.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The headmistress deflects blame from herself very well doesn't she and then rams it right back at the girls. She's not nice no matter what situation she's in. Ironic that it's her nephew that was investigating for Newsnight.

Oooh! I hope I didn't blow the margins. If I did I'll go back and zap that post.

Schoolgirls molested by Jimmy Savile were dismissed as 'delinquents' yesterday by their former headmistress.
Margaret Jones said some of her pupils at Duncroft Approved School were 'no angels', and had traded sex for cigarettes.
Some were coming forward now with 'wild allegations' about abuse only to make money, and had only themselves to blame if they had not complained at the time, she claimed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...immy-Savile-claims-told-to.html#ixzz2BICDhH2L
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Savile-claims-told-to.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The headmistress deflects blame from herself very well doesn't she and then rams it right back at the girls. She's not nice no matter what situation she's in. Ironic that it's her nephew that was investigating for Newsnight.

Yes, the nephew of Margaret Jones, Meirion Jones told the BBC he wasnt interested in protecting his aunt during the Newsnight investigation.

Ian Brady......Peter Sutcliffe......Jimmy Savile.

Every time I check in on this thread there are more allegations against Savile. Is there no end to the depravity of Savile? It seems his reach to hurt children and others had no bounds. At least he's dead and can't continue hurting others.

Does anyone know of a published web diagram that shows how Savile, institutions (BBC, hospitals, childrens’ homes, etc.), pedophile government officials, pedophile actors and performers, and known murderers are all connected?

The stories about antics, abuse and sex payola at the BBC remind me of the story of a young lady from Swansea, Wales - Sue Wing. She was a young lady who worked for a Swansea booking agency during the late 60's, early 70's. She booked many local bands into London clubs, including the group Badfinger. She was considered a close friend of everyone in the band.

Later, when Badfinger was signed to Apple Records, she was living in London. By that time, she had begun working as a call girl, oddly enough. It came as a big surprise to the members of BF. In 1970, she committed suicide while still only in her 20's.

The band was very broken up about it and Pete Ham wrote a song about her that appeared on BF's "No Dice" album called "Midnight Caller".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8G8oFw4B4Q

The stories about Savile's history and the goings on in the London rock scene back then made me wonder if Sue Wing had been a victim of the abuse who ended up turning to prostitution and found suicide as her only way out. Sad story.

Jimmy Savile gave job to chief porter who had keys to the wards (The Telegraph)

He was first involved in Leeds General Infirmary in 1961 when he was asked by its chief porter, Charles Hullighan, to help its new hospital radio station, and promptly volunteered as a porter.

Mr Hullighan became an extremely close friend of the DJ, to the extent that in 1972 he was made company secretary of the firm that dealt with Savile's earnings, despite having no business background.

It can also be disclosed that the disgraced star's unrestricted role at Broadmoor secure hospital, where allegedly he sexually abused vulnerable patients, was approved by ministers at the time.

A Whitehall report signed off by Lord Owen revealed his appointment as honorary entertainments officer.

He was given an office, his own bedroom, and a set of keys to the wards. Ugh.
More info at link.

The stories about antics, abuse and sex payola at the BBC remind me of the story of a young lady from Swansea, Wales - Sue Wing. She was a young lady who worked for a Swansea booking agency during the late 60's, early 70's. She booked many local bands into London clubs, including the group Badfinger. She was considered a close friend of everyone in the band.

Later, when Badfinger was signed to Apple Records, she was living in London. By that time, she had begun working as a call girl, oddly enough. It came as a big surprise to the members of BF. In 1970, she committed suicide while still only in her 20's.

The stories about Savile's history and the goings on in the London rock scene back then made me wonder if Sue Wing had been a victim of the abuse who ended up turning to prostitution and found suicide as her only way out. Sad story.
[o/t just a noodge]

In terms of being ill-served by those whose job it was to propel them forward toward deserved success and in terms of the misfortune which resulted, Badfinger takes the cake. For an object lesson in the grim grey void behind rock's glittering facade, see the stunningly depressing group bio 'Without You: The Tragic Story of Badfinger.' (Singer-songwriters Pete Ham and Tom Evans, you may recall, both committed suicide by hanging.)

I haven't read that book since I read it initially, right after buying it. I wonder if Mr Savile makes an appearance in it anywhere. Will have to locate it and check out the index.

ETA: Nope, no Jimmy Savile. Sue Wing (from Betty P's post) does make a fairly prominent appearance though.

Savile advised Prince Charles over the appointment of a royal aide (Daily Mail)
• 'I thought Savile was 'pretty ghastly man', says former press secretary
• Charles allowed DJ to tell him things other courtiers could not say
the stories at links above and below

Girl, 8, revealed as Jimmy Savile's youngest victim launches claim to
sue his £4.3million estate as builder, 52, claims he is BBC star's lovechild
(Daily Mail)
• Woman says she was abused while in hospital recovering from operation
• Craig Biven's mother had an affair with Savile when she was a teenager
• He is haunted by idea that his father was a paedophile
• Liz Boothe, now 70, says 'Sav' was 'mean and arrogant'
• She claims he met up with gangsters and police in shady underworld
• The late DJ is accused of 300 child abuse offences

[o/t just a noodge]

In terms of being ill-served by those whose job it was to propel them forward toward deserved success and in terms of the misfortune which resulted, Badfinger takes the cake. For an object lesson in the grim grey void behind rock's glittering facade, see the stunningly depressing group bio 'Without You: The Tragic Story of Badfinger.' (Singer-songwriters Pete Ham and Tom Evans, you may recall, both committed suicide by hanging.)

I haven't read that book since I read it initially, right after buying it. I wonder if Mr Savile makes an appearance in it anywhere. Will have to locate it and check out the index.

ETA: Nope, no Jimmy Savile. Sue Wing (from Betty P's post) does make a fairly prominent appearance though.

Yes, I just checked too. No mention of Savile, but if the author is writing an updated edition, he might want to check out any Savile encounters. I'm sure they encountered him since they played on BBC radio shows and twice on Top of the Pops.

Badfinger, especially Pete Ham, were tremendous talents. Such a tragic loss, Pete was a very kind, compassionate young man. Yes, they were trusting lads who were terribly exploited by their management.

As you already know, a whole new investigation into the abuse at UK care homes has been ordered by the PM and opened by the Home Secretary, coming off the back of the JS revelations.

I don't know whether to post on here or start a new thread? I'm tempted to go for the latter, as whilst we are covering the same sick and sorry subject, the care home abuse is not necessarily linked to JS.

New thread or no?

MONSTER Jimmy Savile taped himself assaulting two teen girls then gave the vile footage to the BBC for broadcast.

One can be heard screaming as Savile molests her while joking: “I think I’d better play a record with the other hand.”

The other girl on the clips, revealed last night, twice begs the DJ to “get off” her before shouting: “Get off my backside.”

A third clip features Savile telling a teenage boy how he is going to “have” his young girlfriend while he is laid up in hospital.

Police, the BBC team inquiring into the dead star’s behaviour and lawyers representing victims, are investigating the recordings.

I cannot believe that I am linking to the Daily Star but here is Savile in action. Video at link

He might not be linked to the North Wales care home abuse, but JS is linked to the Jersey care home abuse. I think the North Wales one is a separate issue really so maybe new thread?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317
Back