UK - the late Jimmy Savile and the underage sex charges now confronting the BBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is in danger of descending into a witch hunt. There's zilch evidence this man has done anything wrong, and yet his name is already mud all over the internet.

You try proving what you didn't do, on an unknown date, many years ago.
I thought this forum was for sleuthing, not mud slinging.

Sent from my 201M using Tapatalk 2

BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking
UK broadcaster Stuart Hall arrested in Cheshire & questioned about "historical" rape & indecent assault allegations
Man, 82, arrested in Wilmslow in historical rape inquiry (BBC News)
An 82-year-old man has been arrested in Cheshire over historical allegations of rape and indecent assault.

Lancashire Police arrested the man at his home in Wilmslow and took him in for questioning earlier.
ETA
arrest not connected to Yewtree, according to authorities

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...x-offences-police-1-5million-home-police.html

MAX CLIFFORD ARRESTED!!! I wasn't expecting this one. Maybe it is on suspicion of aiding and abetting. He is a PR Consultant.

" Max Clifford, one of the UK's leading public relations experts, has been arrested by detectives investigating historic sex offences.

The BBC understands that Mr Clifford was arrested by Metropolitan Police officers working on Operation Yewtree.

Scotland Yard said officers had arrested a man in his 60s "on suspicion of sexual offences" and had taken him to central London police station.

The arrest is not connected to allegations made against Jimmy Savile.

Max Clifford is one of the most influential figures in British media and the sixth person to be questioned as part of the operation."
More at BBC link

Should have seen that one coming, perhaps. Didn't though!
Banksy Ideas ‏@BanksyIdeas
Stencil of Max Clifford holding a phone to each ear. He's on the phone to himself, asking for PR advice, yeah?
Retweeted by Andrew Male

I'm not sure how many people could provide a watertight alibi for a crime which supposedly took place decades ago.

Anyway, he's been released without charge.

I could make a comprehensive list of pervy men who came on to me in the 70s and 80s. I expect most women could.
I don't really understand what is going on here, can anyone make allegations of historical abuse?

Smart money's on faded (but living) English musician(s) to be next-named. Big fish? Medium?

Jimmy Savile police investigate sex offence claims against 25 celebrities and expect to arrest six over next few weeks (mailonline.co.uk)
Police are investigating claims against 25 celebrities of alleged sex offences in connection with the Jimmy Savile inquiry.

At least six of the high-profile figures are expected to be arrested this month and in the new year.

The 25, reportedly mostly television and radio entertainers, are named in a list of tip-offs to Operation Yewtree - the police inquiry set up after late Top Of The Pops presenter Savile was exposed as a serial abuser.
---
the rest at the link

London police arrested a man "in his 60s" today as part of the investigation. No names yet.

I could make a comprehensive list of pervy men who came on to me in the 70s and 80s. I expect most women could.
I don't really understand what is going on here, can anyone make allegations of historical abuse?
I would have thought the majority of abuse claims which involved children would be historical. Most children are too petrified to tell anyone what is happening to them and most only find the courage in later years.

Andy Kershaw spots Santa Savile doing the Radio 1 Christmas Party (Anorak)
GIVEN the need to stuff festive stockings or find something to get through the hideous day, I cannot recommend highly enough Andy Kershaw’s bio No Off Switch.
---
Prior to the snap, “crashing through the swing doors from the kitchen into the dining room, robed and hooded in a Father Christmas costume and pushing on a trolley a mutantly-proportioned roast turkey, was none other than Sir Jimmy Savile, veteran Radio 1 DJ, tireless charity worker and another national institution, much recognised for his interest in young people.” [My emphasis].

This was written before Savile’s death. I think Kershaw was hinting at something, allegedly….
the rest on the Kershaw memoir at the link

TOTALLY.

I could make lists of teachers and grocery store employees who would grab at me and other girls in the 70's. You just kind of had to avoid them as best you could. In 7th and 8th grade, all the girls knew which male teachers you had to avoid if they were alone - if you needed to pick up an assignment or ask a question, you did it when there was a class of students present or your breasts or crotch would be grabbed.

This does not seem to happen now, in public areas, but it certainly did in the 70's. Girls were on their own to use their wits to avoid being groped by men.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back