GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lottie, I totally agree, this SHOULD NOT be allowed. This and doorstepping the family is done, I am sure, purely to get a negative reaction from the family which they can then report in their grubby little rags :furious:

Classism is alive and well in UK 2012

I really wish the press woudl just learn their lesson, and give families privacy. yes obviously they shoudl publicize the disappearence, but by doing that the family should nto be made to feel they have sold their soul. Getting publicity for a missing child is not the same as courting publicity for a film premier. They really should sling their hook, and not doorstep people like this.
I do not think Tia is not getting the publicity because the police have a theory, or her face does nto fit. I think it is simply that the media is satuated with the olympics. If you look at the madeleine mccann case, and holly wells and jessica chapman, both of these cases occurred in the summer when there was not much else going on, so the media did a huge amount of coverage. But electronic billboards at train stations are being used and there are posters up for her.

When I saw the photo of SH that was released last night I noticed two marks on his forehead, his right, our left, because of the way the light is shining it's hard to tell if they are old scars or fresher scratches. Anyone with better eyesight see them?

I think the family can easily incriminate themselves without trying, and yes, you are right, we should not be blinkered and neither should the public.

I still think she could have jumped into a car to escape the sudden burst of rain and be miles away by now.

Whatever we know, the Police know way more (we should hope) and they must have a good reason for focusing on the local area.

Someone aid earlier that this case is different from the dowler and wells and chapman case because straight awya they were treated as stranger abductions. In fact the fathers in these cases were considered potential suspects (the father of holly wells stated recently he was at the police station and saw a note saying to look into the father as he may have done it).
As far as I am aware the grandmother's partner has only been to the police station to give a statement.

That was me. You are right, and actually Milly Dowler's father suffered a lot of grief because he was a considered a suspect for a while. But these kinds of leads are always pursued to establish a motive for the killing, and sadly they are often found in a perp who was close to the victim. The police I believe knew from an early stage they'd found their guy in Ian Huntley. That Sky News interview - not only was the entire viewing nation uncomfortable but the interviewer himself seemed completely spooked!

Perhaps it is due to the Olympics, but I think if the police were truly baffled as to what has happened to this young girl, it would be much more intensive in terms of coverage on the news. I think they are keeping fairly quiet because they probably have a good idea about what's gone on. The fact that there is no trace of her on CCTV is IMO hugely incriminating. And this is Croydon, a densely populated part of London, where CCTV cameras will be more than plentiful.

The grandmother's partner was questioned for 2 hours yesterday. That's all we know so I don't think we can read into that too much. That being said, I think they he is the key to this investigation whether he has caused harm to Tia or not.

All JMO

I honestly don't believe this is getting less coverage because her 'face doesn't fit'. I think it's because the police have a clear idea of what happened and don't need to keep asking the public for help. If the police wanted more media coverage I'm sure they could get it.

Agree 100% with this!

Apparently the police are looking through 800 hours of CCTV footage. But remember Milly Dowler, her walk home was nearly all covered by CCTV, yet she was taken at the only spot where she was out of view for a few minutes (i will never understand why the police did not make sure to question everyone who lived in the building where this gap was. Two lives might have been saved, a young women would not have nearly died, and Milly's family woudl not have had to wait for a decade to find what happened).

Apparently the police are looking through 800 hours of CCTV footage. But remember Milly Dowler, her walk home was nearly all covered by CCTV, yet she was taken at the only spot where she was out of view for a few minutes (i will never understand why the police did not make sure to question everyone who lived in the building where this gap was. Two lives might have been saved, a young women would not have nearly died, and Milly's family woudl not have had to wait for a decade to find what happened).

Which shows knowledge of the cameras in the area, I suppose. But for her not to have been caught on camera once is very odd. Ties in neatly with grandma being out all night and phone being "left at home" out of battery/to charge. I imagine she never left the house. Not nice to think about. :(

But on Tuesday Mr Niles said he was unsure about that. He added: "The last time I saw her was on Thursday morning before going to work (at the family home in Mitcham).

"When she left the house she shouted 'Bye' and 'See you by six'. She always takes her phone but it was dead."

If I read this correctly, she did not take her phone when she left home on Thursday
She never came back home Thursday night
Her phone was never with her at her Grandmothers

Am I still confused?

Grandmother may have worked Thursday night so possibly did not see Tia after she left for work
SH tells LE she left to go shopping on Friday
There is no CCTV footage so far
But a neighbour is sure that he/she saw tia on Friday

Just trying to figure things out for myself
Any correction is appreciated

[B said:
"When she left the house she shouted 'Bye' and 'See you by six'. She always takes her phone but it was dead."[/B]

If I read this correctly, she did not take her phone when she left home on Thursday
She never came back home Thursday night
Her phone was never with her at her Grandmothers

I read that her own phone was broken/dead and she had taken her mum's phone (which subsequently was out of charge).

I read that her own phone was broken/dead and she had taken her mum's phone (which subsequently was out of charge).

OK thank you
so many twists and turns and people to keep track of

Its hard to find the links on the thread

Which shows knowledge of the cameras in the area, I suppose. But for her not to have been caught on camera once is very odd. Ties in neatly with grandma being out all night and phone being "left at home" out of battery/to charge. I imagine she never left the house. Not nice to think about. :(

I suppose the neighbour could be mistaken about day/time he spotted her but that certainly puts a kink in things

I am not sure I understand about her leaving home, telling her stepdad(or whoever) that she would see him at six.
If she decided to stay at her grandmothers, how did she have a change of clothing? Or did she?
It seems to me, the initial reports had her in a slightly different outfit?

If she was wearing the same thing she left home in on Thursday, I can certainly understand the neighbour being confused

Tia didn't appear to be planning to stay at Christine's that night as she did say to David Niles that she'd be in at 6. So when did she decide she wasn't going home? Who did she tell? Did she even see Christine to talk about this or was it just SH telling us Tia decided not to go home?
Apparently she was wearing Nike trainers when she went missing, not the Uggs she is pictured wearing on the CCTV. She seems to have a rucksack, maybe the trainers are in there.
Why would she want to stay at her nan's if her nan wasn't going to be there, only SH?
I also wondered about the super-long shift. I know care homes can overwork staff though, so maybe nan was doing a double shift. Perhaps Tia wasn't aware nan wasn't going to be home even? Maybe she was duped by SH.

Questions questions and more questions...

I do hope the police are making more sense out of it all as no-one in that family seems capable of giving a straightforward statement or description about anything! It reminds me of trying to get an explanation out of my teenager when he's been up to something and is doing his level best to wriggle out of things and not tell me the truth :what:

Apparently some of the neighbors said that she had been playing in the street with the other kids the week before, so she probably had some clothes at her grandmothers if she stayed often, as you do.

There are a great many holes in these stories, and it would do us all a mental favor to fill them in, but I guess they cannot tell us more as we would then speculate more lol

Call for calm after garage owner confronts armed group...: Tensions surrounding the hunt for missing 12-year-old Tia Sharp have led to a garage owner confronting an armed group who were searching his property.

It is understood the group were looking for the missing schoolgirl when they entered the lock-up in New Addington without permission.

Read full story... bit.ly/OVKBcT

You would think some of those people would realise that they might be compromising the investigation or contaminating any possible crime scenes.

This is my first post so if I make any errors, please let me know.

I have just watched the update on Sky News - interview with Tia's uncle, David Sharp, followed by brief statement from police which added nothing to what we know. I thought David Sharp handled it all very well.

Things puzzling me:

Has gran contradicted earlier statement to police by now revealing she never saw Tia on Thursday or Friday? If she has why are family apparently not upset by this behaviour- it makes it sound as if she has been misleading police until now. Doesn't make sense that they all still seem very together.

If SH was involved in any way, what could he have done with her- house is in the middle of a terrace? Again, family seem to be supporting this man, whatever inconsistencies have appeared in his accounts.

Police have not mentioned abduction and are just looking very locally which suggests they think whatever happened happened locally. Involvement of Shannon Matthews police has been flagged up which must be a deliberate 'message' from police.

No one is clearing up any of the vague things- who said they saw her on Friday and how reliable is that account? Did SH really say he walked her to tram station or could his family have misinterpreted him saying he met her at the tram station on Thursday (just wondering this)? Did gran see her at all? What is Tia supposed to have done on Thursday evening and with whom? Did she speak to her mum on the phone on Thursday evening? Are we deliberately not being given a clear outline?

I agree that they are not a very 'polished' family which isn't helping the impression they are creating. House looks shabby and uncared for outside, relationships seems chaotic. SH rings lots of alarm bells. Mother's partner doesn't present well.

BUT, we just don't know. Nothing seems to be moving. There is something very strange about the whole atmosphere around it. Signs I would expect from parents/ police are not coming from either side. It is as if both sides are giving nothing publicly. If it wasn't for David Sharp this family would be struggling to present a coherent public face at all.

I veer between being convinced the answer to what happened is with SH and wondering has she actually been abducted like Milly Dowler. If she has been abducted the police's response will appear questionable in their total focus on the house and area close to it. I live in the North of England and this has only been mentioned up here in the last two days- unless you were really looking for the story.

Call for calm after garage owner confronts armed group...:
Tensions surrounding the hunt for missing 12-year-old Tia Sharp have led to a garage owner confronting an armed group who were searching his property.

It is understood the group were looking for the missing schoolgirl when they entered the lock-up in New Addington without permission.

Read full story... bit.ly/OVKBcT

I am slightly confused here, you say that garage owner confronts an armed group, but the link you provided says that the garage owner was armed and NOT the group?, hence a poster replies to your post suggesting vigilanties are on the streets, you can see how one word in the wrong place compleatly distorts things. jmo:

I am slightly confused here, you say that garage owner confronts an armed group, but the link you provided says that the garage owner was armed and NOT the group?, hence a poster replies to your post suggesting vigilanties are on the streets, you can see how one word in the wrong place compleatly distorts things. jmo:

It was initially reported in the press in a way that suggested that the group were armed. This was later changed to the fact that the garage owner was armed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knotty70