GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The confusing (That word again) point about the clothes is this.

Apart from the hug boots, Tia was wearing the same clothes as seen in the CCTV the day before. Why would Tia put these same clothes back on if other (clean) clothes were available?

It's fairly obvious these are not wealthy people with extensive wardrobes

Another possibility is that Tia liked those particular clothes - thought she looked kewl in them or maybe her friends dressed similarly, she felt comfortable or confident in them -- we don't know. In the UK it's common to use clothes driers so it would have been simple to toss them in the washer and then in the drier. She might have split pizza sauce on them - we don't know

As well, there seem to be a lot of conflicting reports about precisely what she wore, amongst all the other confusing and conflicting details

When I heard about the case initially I assumed that SH was involved

After watching that interview my gut instinct says he's telling the truth and comes across as a decent bloke albeit one feeling sick because he must be aware the reporting makes him sound as if he's the most likely suspect

However I find it hard to reconcile that mild mannered rough around the edges chap to a chap who also has a record of crack dealing and possession of machete . They are hardly light offences but I suppose if he was addicted to crack , and sold done too then that kind of lifestyle would probably explain the machete possession . Rough stuff either way

A couple of thoughts
Someone mentioned above that in his interview he said Tia had to leave some sweets for the gran . The " nobbly bobblys" SH referred to are actually ice lollies and no kid in our house would be allowed to scoff three in a row . I think SH allowed Tia to do what she wanted
The pizza and chips both nights ( not that the second nights got eaten ). I'm guessing that this is true as the police surely would be hauling him over the coals if the packaging wasn't there to back this up

Unless something comes to light to justify the confusing mentions of the Shannon Matthews task force being involved then I don't have a good feeling about this ending well . I hope I'm wrong .

Their trash is emptied once a week....and no doubt they had loads of pizza and fries boxes in there, so it was the safest thing to say.

One thing that worries me about all the speculation towards the step granddad is what happened in the uk with the Joanne Yates case.
Her landlord was interview and then vilified in the press and then even arrested turned out he was 100% innocent, just because a person looks a particular way or has a past dosen't mean there guilty.
At the end of the day i'm not sure either way

Can't recall where I read it, but it was within the past hour or so, where police were displeased to say the least with the media linking the Shannon case and Tia

It's been very shoddy reporting all the way through with this one and as usual, media hounding the family like lice-ridden vultures on heat

One thing that worries me about all the speculation towards the step granddad is what happened in the uk with the Joanne Yates case.
Her landlord was interview and then vilified in the press and then even arrested turned out he was 100% innocent, just because a person looks a particular way or has a past dosen't mean there guilty.

Yes, you are right, and who would have thought it was the guy that nobody had bothered to mention?
I actually have my bets on what has happened but it is only a hunch......but it is not a good feeling.

Can't recall where I read it, but it was within the past hour or so, where police were displeased to say the least with the media linking the Shannon case and Tia

It's been very shoddy reporting all the way through with this one and as usual, media hounding the family like lice-ridden vultures on heat

I read that aswell. Police who had been drafted in to help with the Olympics have been seconded to help with the search. I suspect that the media are just second guessing the reason for police other than the Met being involved.

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/09/tia-sharp-police-angered-shannon?CMP=twt_gu

"Detectives have rejected claims that they have any evidence the disappearance of Tia Sharp is similar to that of Shannon Matthews, whose family faked her abduction in a bizarre publicity stunt four years ago."

"Scotland Yard is liaising with several forces who have investigated the disappearance of children, but detectives say that is usual procedure. A spokesman said: "We would like to make it clear that officers who worked on a particular missing person case in West Yorkshire are not involved in the investigation to find Tia Sharp. Media speculation around other missing children cases is extremely unhelpful and diverts attention away from our desire to trace Tia."

I posted earlier about this. I find it hard to believe that media, including the BBC, would state that Scotland Yard have "confirmed" such a fact if not true. They can't be that stupid could they?

Especially after being sued by the Yeates landlord and before that the McCanns/friends/Murat. As well as the on-going Leveson inquiry.

I will say this......If the media are making stuff up in this case and this family turns out completely innocent, I hope they sue all the media for millions.

Slightly different bits of the interview with SH shown in this clip: http://www.itn.co.uk/UK/52870/the-boyfriend-of-tia-sharps-grandmother-speaks-out

Apparently he knows the exact time that Tia left because he was busy hoovering up dog mess at the time which meant he could see the clock in the kitchen - true or not that is gross - who hoovers up dog mess????

A poster on another web page points out that in the interview, SH refers to Tia in the past tense. At 2.56 in this interview he says "I loved her to bits". Just saying.

Apparently he knows the exact time that Tia left because he was busy hoovering up dog mess at the time which meant he could see the clock in the kitchen - true or not that is gross - who hoovers up dog mess????
He can't have meant dog poo. You can't hoover that up. He probably meant stuff the dog bought in, like grass or leaves or something. My cat does that all the time and I'm always hoovering up after him.

A poster on another web page points out that in the interview, SH refers to Tia in the past tense. At 2.56 in this interview he says "I loved her to bits". Just saying.
He also said just after that: "we had a great relationship" but I don't think using the past tense in that context means anything sinister. They're not having a great relationship right now, because she's not there - but they 'had' one before she went missing. At least, that's how I understood it.

Slightly different bits of the interview with SH shown in this clip: http://www.itn.co.uk/UK/52870/the-boyfriend-of-tia-sharps-grandmother-speaks-out

He mixes tenses quite a bit, doesn't he. When speaking of Tia playing with the semi-charged phone, he speaks in present tense (paraphrased -- she's playing with the bloomin' thing you know)

Not only did he say (in the link you provided above) that he'd loved her to bits, he also uses past-tense in saying, 'We had that sort of relationship' and more. I take it as his speaking in past tense in relation to a week earlier, i.e., in the past, last week, last time I saw her, etc.

The dog's mess to which he referred may well have been mess made by the dog, i.e., remnants of dog biscuits or similar

In a well-known online forum they're discussing the swift and organised manner in which T-shirts and posters were arranged, attributable, it's said, to one or possibly more of Tia's young uncles, who're also manning the Facebook page apparently

It did seem to be a pretty rapid response

But at least they are not selling them along with "good quality wristbands"
Tia has been gone for a week, they must have looked at what other families with missing children have done.

I do not have bad feelings about this family, I believe that they are using the resources that they have to find this lovely young girl.
I am not prepared to condemn them as things stand currently

He was arrested when the police found trainers with blood on them hidden in his kitchen. He was held longer when the murderer tried to pin it on him.

Whilst under arrest he was torn into by the press.

He still hasn't won damages for his arrest...

He was arrested when the police found trainers with blood on them hidden in his kitchen. He was held longer when the murderer tried to pin it on him.

Whilst under arrest he was torn into by the press.

He still hasn't won damages for his arrest...

But he has won damages from the press. I believe that it is difficult to collect damages for wrongful arrest as the police were acting in good faith.
I hope that the "police insider" was disciplined though

But he has won damages from the press. I believe that it is difficult to collect damages for wrongful arrest as the police were acting in good faith.
I hope that the "police insider" was disciplined though
He was totally victimised by the press. They focused on his appearance to make him seem weird. Just because he had wild hair and didn't fit the 'image' of a retired teacher, they had a field day with him. Never judge a book by its cover... or a teacher by his hair :D

Ah, that blue hair. Memories. And that love of Christina Rossetti. Suspicious!! lol.

Thanks for posting the link to the interview, although I am not sure what to make of him.

Something that stood out for me that I don't believe has been mentioned yet was a couple of criticisms of her - she never takes her plate out and he keeps telling her to leave her phone on charge. The phone charging seems to be an issue - I can almost hear him saying it to her, "When I say leave your phone on charge it means LEAVE YOUR PHONE ON CHARGE" (this is what he said during the interview).

Now, I have a just turned 11 years old daughter who is starting to get a bit stroppy and lippy. I can't help but wonder if Tia perhaps took the hump with him speaking to her that way and lipped back. Do you think an argument may have ensued that went too far? Purely speculative, but if this guy really is as emasculated and living on his nerves as he appears, it would be fairly easy to pick a fight with someone he does have 'power' over, ie, him being her elder. Things can quite quickly get out of hand. He later describes her as a golden girl (do I have that right?) and an angel, which is not what he was saying earlier on.

This is purely speculative on my part and if I have gone too far then I quite understand if a mod feels the need to delete.

If the neighbor was correct,and really did see Tia walking down the street, and if Tia was alone at that time, either she was lured into a passing vehicle, or she was lured by a neighbor into a house fairly close to her grandmother's house.

I would think the latter is more likely, although I cannot discount that very early report of a guy trying to lure kids into his car in the area where Tia disappeared from...

Hope LE has interviewed every neighbor on the block...would be great if they had also searched the houses...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members