GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still get the impression he is lying in the interview. I think he tries to mix truth in with lies ie. very detailed accounts of his cleaning regime mixed in with very vague accounts of what Tia said to him. He tries to explain that he was so busy that he didn't really catch what she was saying and yet at some point he has picked up where she intends to go, what she intends to buy and even gives her money so why bang on about how he wasn't paying attention? Why not relate the details of this conversation rather than say where in the house you cleaned? Personally, I just don't buy it.

Did anyone hear anything about manholes?

I may be on the wrong end of something here.

Did Martin Brunt on Sky News just say there are 219 RSO's in the area?:what:

From Martin Brunt Twitter

"Police talking to registered sex offenders in the area. There are 219 in the Croydon borough and 450 in neighbouring boroughs."

So grandma's been driven away by police, and Hazell and the mum are both missing. Much as I don't like to draw conclusions, the type of activity that's going on makes me think they're involved in some way. Maybe Tia had a row with Hazell and things got out of hand? Just speculating.

I'm not understanding how the mother and/or SH can have their whereabouts unknown. I appreciate that they are not under arrest and are free to go wherever they like, but surely the police would at least FOLLOW and monitor if either of them went anywhere, bearing in mind that they are two of the closest people to the missing child?! I can't see them being unsurveilled and LE just allowing them to wander off. Perhaps although the grandmother doesn't know their whereabouts, the police DO...?

I also think the police do know where they are. If we have our suspicions it is unlikely the police have not had theirs. Perhaps they have removed them to a place out of media glare??

Did Martin Brunt on Sky News just say there are 219 RSO's in the area?:what:

There are lots of police there, the press have been moved, not sure about RSOs...full forensic team are in there too.

I have listened to Capital radio news, but nothing about a body in landfill mentioned. Problem with Facebook is that lots is said, you just can't tell what's true, so I won't mention anything else from there unless I can back it up properly.

Hello, first-time poster chiming in here.

BBM.

I actually thought the "I said leave it on charge" part was the most interesting part of the interview with SH, but I interpreted it differently - I thought he was saying that he told her "LEAVE YOUR PHONE ON CHARGE" that day, but what he had meant was "stop messing with it while it's charging because you're slowing it down", only Tia interpreted it as "leave your phone on charge and don't take it with you". I saw it as him blaming himself and thinking that she had misinterpreted what he had said resulting in them being completely unable to contact or trace her once they had realised she was missing.

To my (finely-tuned I reckon :wink:) instinct, the only thing I'm sure of is that SH is acting in his interview like a guilty person. The question to me is, is this guilt that he perceives himself ("it's my fault she's missing, I could've prevented it") or is it culpability in that he is responsible for whatever has happened to Tia? At this moment in time I'm leaning towards the former, based on his behaviour in the interview, but who knows.

I'm giving the police the benefit of the doubt. I really do believe that they're deliberately not saying much to the media as part of some grand masterplan - to me it's very telling that they have directed almost no obvious resources beyond the estate. I'm not saying this is another Shannon Matthews but to me it's clear that the police believe somebody close to home is responsible. If the police wanted wider media coverage, they could get it. I am also convinced that the MSM also believe whatever has happened to Tia happened VERY close to home, based on both the wording of the reporting, and the particularly disgusting way they are currently camped out on the doorsteps of the family.

I find the young uncle's behaviour quite odd. But I think it could easily just be that he's a bit of a lad who is a young man enjoying the media spotlight far more than he should be under the circumstances... Doesn't by any means mean he doesn't love his niece or has done anything wrong, just a little inappropriate to be lapping it up as much as he has appeared to. I'm wondering if the mother is being deliberately kept away from the spotlight so as to not do damage to public perception... I'm wondering if the decision was made that the mother WOULD draw obvious comparisons to the Matthews case and therefore it was best to have her not speak to camera so as to not arouse unfair suspicion? Perhaps the uncle is the more articulate family member and it was felt that this would go across better on camera, not that I imagine camera appeals are particularly relevant if something happened to Tia at home or immediately after leaving.

Just my two cents. I'm sorry to be so wordy in my first post! :seeya:

Excellent post Louvie and welcome to WS :welcome:

I also think the police do know where they are. If we have our suspicions it is unlikely the police have not had theirs. Perhaps they have removed them to a place out of media glare??
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. But Granny said she didn't know where either of them were. If she knew they'd been moved out of the public eye, I'd have thought she'd have mentioned it.

From the Sky News story:

But Scotland Yard said the area was sealed off as part of pre-planned search.

and then

A spokesman said a media briefing that had been arranged with Area Commander Neil Basu had been postponed.

So, the pre planned media briefing (posh name for press conference, I believe) has been called off because a pre-planned search is taking place?

Are we to believe the police are so horribly disorganised they double booked themselves??

Well exactly. Just because the media don't know where someone is, that doesn't mean they're "missing".:rolleyes: And if Gran knows, why would she tell them?

is it so unusual they would do a forensic search of this house, it is last certain place she was. I wonder if they are doing this because they have new information, or just to try to get new information.

LBC news say the whole row of houses has been cordoned off. Detailed forensic search of the house and area underway. Was hard to hear any more info, I think the reporter was on a mobile which kept cutting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli