GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daft question maybe, but do we actually know 100% for certain that the body found in the house is actually Tia? Have they specifically said that it's Tia?

They won't confirm until formal identification has been made. However, given that the police have upgraded the case from a missing person search to a murder inquiry, I'd say it's pretty likely it's Tia.

So very sad. I hope they find SH quickly. .

Daft question maybe, but do we actually know 100% for certain that the body found in the house is actually Tia? Have they specifically said that it's Tia?

Bit a bit of a coincidence if it were not the missing child. And would call into question the occupants of the house if they had a dead body in the loft and a grandchild missing for over a week. Far as I'm aware though, it hasn't been officially confirmed that the remains are Tia's

That's what I meant when I suggested there needs to be new protocols formulated re: searches. And particularly in the case of missing children. Should be gloves off from the start -- apologise later if needs be, but quit with the mandatory wait until 'missing' status has expired and 'homicide investigation' begins, because people online are suggesting the police were required to wait a mandatory 7 days before notching things up a gear -- whether true or not

Completely agree. Y'know, in this day and age I totally get that even the police, sadly at times, have to adhere to guidelines in order to avoid future legal action. But in the case of the homes and last-seen-locations of missing children (and even missing adults if there is reason to suspect foul play), I say search. Any home-owner who has nothing to hide, when it comes to a missing child/grandchild/sibling/parent, will say "help yourself" and have NO issue with their home and possessions being scrutinised. I'm certain that the vast majority would even happily sign a waiver stating they won't sue in future for any damage or anything incurred.

Suppose the only issues would be people having things they wouldn't want discovered for other reasons. Cannabis, evidence of extra-marital affairs, etc. But y'know, priorities.

Its sickening to think of,i as a guy just dont get the sexual attraction to kids,yes ive seen 12yr olds look adult like but cmon...

Know what you mean. To be considered though is that those who prey on children have the mental age of the children to whom they're attracted, as in arrested-development

I was just thinking along the lines of mother has disappeared and body has suddenly appeared!

Still don't think we know even half as much as the police know!

I'm too angry to speak right now. I think the fallout from this will be big.

Well, if that person knew Tia had been killed last Thursday and didn't bother reporting it to the police, she should be charged with concealing information. And if she knew, how many other people knew??

This is where it gets even more incredulous.
This person got it from the Uncle.
Apparently it's also suspected the gRandfather got Tia pregnant. and this is why the attention went to the bedding.

I wonder how long it's been going on for...when he was with Tia's mother, Tia must have been quite young. Then at some point, when she was about 5 her mother must have got with David Niles as they have 2 children. SH then takes up with the grandmother. Tia is known for spending time with the grandmother. Is he following Tia?

What I don't get is if this is true (and so far everything else this person has been saying is true) why on earth has the family (the ones in the know) co ered up for SH? Surely both women must have known what was happening to Tia?

The person who's said all of this contacted the police yesterday and has been interviewed today - then it all came out on TV. Everything they said was before it was publicised, so it seems they did know and weren't making it up. I wasn't sure before, so I didn't repeat what was being said.

One main thing to be learnt and investigated is why it's taken them so long to find Tia....she must have been in the loft all the time - she couldn't have been moved as the police/press have been crawling all over the place for nearly a week.
Police need to be far more on the ball....the house should have been isolated after the first 48 hours had elapsed.

As for the report of the body on the landfill, I haven't heard anything since.
I hope SH doesn't do away with himself, as it will leave a lot of questions unanswered and it's the coward's way out.

I still think Christine is in this right up to her neck...I would not be at all surprised to find she killed Tia and SH was made to cover it all up. I can't think of any other reason why other members of the family would cover things up otherwise.

I was just thinking along the lines of mother has disappeared and body has suddenly appeared!

Still don't think we know even half as much as the police know!

Hadn't thought of that ! Agree with you re: what the police know as opposed to what we're told

Is anyone allowed to post the link to the FB page where all this info is being posted? (Obviously I appreciate it is hearsay at the moment)

If the police allowed Hazell to go walkabout when they knew in advance they were going to be conducting a forensic search on the house, well... if he turns up dead somewhere, lucky for him. He'll have avoided prosecution and escaped without punishment. Killing himself would be the coward's way out. But the police should never have let him walk off without keeping an eye on him.

I just watched some of that clip from yesterday, and felt sick when he said 'we just want her home'... when he knew she was home all the time in the loft. Sick sick sick.

Lottie, if what this person says it true, the theory I've had in the back of my mind all week is sadly true.

What awful big mess this all is.

I don't think poor Tia ever stood a chance.

Not only am I disgusted that Tia's body has gone undetected for up to a week but SH who must have been the police's number one suspect all along, has somehow managed to do a runner right under their noses......absolutely disgraceful police work!

Agree with you 100% cadaver dogs should have been in grandmothers house on day 1. The police have dropped the ball here. I assume the body has been there since Tia was reported missing. I know it has not been confirmed the body is Tia yet but it's more or less a certainty.

I just hope crucial evidence has not been lost with decomposition in the summer heat.

This is where it gets even more incredulous.
This person got it from the Uncle.
Apparently it's also suspected the gRandfather got Tia pregnant. and this is why the attention went to the bedding.

I wonder how long it's been going on for...when he was with Tia's mother, Tia must have been quite young. Then at some point, when she was about 5 her mother must have got with David Niles as they have 2 children. SH then takes up with the grandmother. Tia is known for spending time with the grandmother. Is he following Tia?

What I don't get is if this is true (and so far everything else this person has been saying is true) why on earth has the family (the ones in the know) co ered up for SH? Surely both women must have known what was happening to Tia?

The person who's said all of this contacted the police yesterday and has been interviewed today - then it all came out on TV. Everything they said was before it was publicised, so it seems they did know and weren't making it up. I wasn't sure before, so I didn't repeat what was being said.

One main thing to be learnt and investigated is why it's taken them so long to find Tia....she must have been in the loft all the time - she couldn't have been moved as the police/press have been crawling all over the place for nearly a week.
Police need to be far more on the ball....the house should have been isolated after the first 48 hours had elapsed.

As for the report of the body on the landfill, I haven't heard anything since.
I hope SH doesn't do away with himself, as it will leave a lot of questions unanswered and it's the coward's way out.

I still think Christine is in this right up to her neck...I would not be at all surprised to find she killed Tia and SH was made to cover it all up. I can't think of any other reason why other members of the family would cover things up otherwise.

So much of what you've posted aligns with suspicions many of us have had, surely, even while we were attempting to give benefit of doubt

The step father, based on media quotes, has been one of the more supportive of SH, claiming (how could he possibly have known with ANY confidence) that SH was 'hoovering' and that Tia left the house as SH had claimed

Personally, I hope SH does top himself if he's guilty, because the go-lightly sentences being imposed in the UK for the past 20 years in no way address the severity of the crime, imo. I hope he ends his miserable life, thus preventing parole boards and slime-covered legal fraternity from releasing him after 4 years

Then, it would leave the rest of those entrusted with protecting and nurturing a now deceased child to explain whatever roles they may have played

Lottie, if what this person says it true, the theory I've had in the back of my mind all week is sadly true.

What awful big mess this all is.

I don't think poor Tia ever stood a chance.

It's horrible isn't it....I made a judgement when I first read all the accounts and yes I thought the same as you.

What I can't quite reconcile is how his TV interview took me in.
He was very convincing....if he had something to do with all this (and he must have done) he is a bloody good liar.
On a personal level this is worrying for me as I obviously can still be fooled by liars and I thought I'd learned my lessons by now!

Completely agree. Y'know, in this day and age I totally get that even the police, sadly at times, have to adhere to guidelines in order to avoid future legal action. But in the case of the homes and last-seen-locations of missing children (and even missing adults if there is reason to suspect foul play), I say search. Any home-owner who has nothing to hide, when it comes to a missing child/grandchild/sibling/parent, will say "help yourself" and have NO issue with their home and possessions being scrutinised. I'm certain that the vast majority would even happily sign a waiver stating they won't sue in future for any damage or anything incurred.

Suppose the only issues would be people having things they wouldn't want discovered for other reasons. Cannabis, evidence of extra-marital affairs, etc. But y'know, priorities.
I agree. I am listening to 'experts' on Sky News saying how awkward it was for the police because the family were all in the house and there was no evidence to warrant a more detailed search of the house.
What on earth is going on when a 12 year old disappears with no evidence she ever left the house and the police seem unable to say to the family 'Look, just to be sure she left the house and to stop people speculating and so we can target our resources effectively to find her, we need to do a detailed search of the house. It will mean you being based somewhere else for a day.' No family with nothing to hide would object to that. Are we so scared about upsetting people these days or of being sued/criticised that we don't take what is entirely reasonable action?

I think they are unlikely to find SH alive.

Please God noone else in this family were involved or knew what was going on.

Sounds like the use of the past tense in this case, when referring to Tia, may indeed have had some meaning after all.

This case is playing out exactly as I had expected. I guess I am a big cynic.

Whilst nothing surprises me anymore, I will be particularly disgusted if the FB rumours turn out to be true and the person posting there did indeed get it from the uncle. Uncle's behaviour has been odd throughout, but I like others was giving him the benefit of the doubt - people deal with stress differently, he's enjoying the media spotlight, whatever.

I for one hope Hazell doesn't top himself, because currently I'm still giving the mother the benefit of the doubt and would like for her to have the opportunity to find out anything she needs (I'm sure not wants) to know about what happened to her daughter. This is of course assuming that a) the mother is okay, and b) was not a part of whatever was happening to Tia.

Is anyone allowed to post the link to the FB page where all this info is being posted? (Obviously I appreciate it is hearsay at the moment)

I'm not sure if I should post it, but it's a group called Help Find Tia Sharp and it's got over 1000 members but it's open so you don't need to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat