GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continual media reports regarding the search for the elusive box from the Tesco Finest pizza Ms. Yeates purchased on her way home before being murdered drove several WS posters to madness.

i was working at the time and didn't have access to a TV so missed all of it.

I found this site which describes a body after a week's decomposition. It doesn't make for very nice reading but it does help to understand the difficulties in terms of identifying the body and also in establishing the cause of death.

http://suite101.com/article/how-a-human-body-decomposes-after-death-a224044

If the cause of death was smothering, strangulation, choking, inhibition of the vagal nerve etc it could be very hard to determine.

I presume this will also make it difficult to tell if she had been sexually assulted.

It sounds as if they will only be able to give a probable cause of death.

I do hope other evidence will be found.

no, i'm afraid i didn't

Joanna Yeates was last seen buying a pizza before getting home. Her purse, phone, keys were all in the house but the pizza box could not be found. Police didn't suspend the rubbish collections quickly enough so spent a huge amount of time trawling landfill sites looking for it.

There was much speculation about the pizza. When she was found it was determined she hadn't eaten it. The pizza box was never found. Some assumed her killer had eaten the pizza.

Joanna Yeates was last seen buying a pizza before getting home. Her purse, phone, keys were all in the house but the pizza box could not be found. Police didn't suspend the rubbish collections quickly enough so spent a huge amount of time trawling landfill sites looking for it.

There was much speculation about the pizza. When she was found it was determined she hadn't eaten it. The pizza box was never found. Some assumed her killer had eaten the pizza.

nice.

I presume this will also make it difficult to tell if she had been sexually assulted.

It sounds as if they will only be able to give a probable cause of death.

I do hope other evidence will be found.

It could, but the presence of other fluids, DNA, hairs, etc may tell if this was the case too.

I, too, hope that sweet Tia can "tell" us what happened to her...

A death can still be from natural causes, regardless of what happens to the body afterwards.
How many 12-year-olds do you think die from natural causes? Do you think Tia died from natural causes?

From Wiki:
A death by natural causes, as recorded by coroners and on death certificates and associated documents, is one that is primarily attributed to natural agents: usually an illness or an internal malfunction of the body. For example, a person dying from complications from influenza (an infection) or a heart attack (an internal body malfunction) would be listed as having died of natural causes. Old age is not a scientifically recognized cause of death; there is always a more direct cause although it may be unknown in certain cases and could be one of a number of ageing-associated diseases.

It's much more common for unhealthy and/or older people to die from natural causes than a 12-year-old girl. And if that's how she did die, why hide her in the loft? Why not just call an ambulance as soon as it happened? I think the odds of Tia dying from natural causes are a million to one.

Could it be that Tia died naturally and SH panicked?,i mean with the convictions he has etc,and i reckon he wouldnt be the biggest fan of the police,probably feels theyre always out to pin things on him from past experiences so i doubt hed go to them..

Now the above scenario i reckon would only happen if he walked in on her body,if she had been dead some time,i think if she died naturally in front of him(thinking heart/asthma attack or similar) i think hed panick and call ambulance whilst trying to revive her..

Just a couple of thoughts..

I've never been able to come up with a plausible scenario in which someone would make an accidental or natural death appear to be something much more sinister through cover up/disposal.

The Eva Rausing case. They decided she had died of natural causes. He covered her body with various bedcovers and I think possibly a plastic bag too, but they believed him when he said he just didn't want to part with her.

Continual media reports regarding the search for the elusive box from the Tesco Finest pizza Ms. Yeates purchased on her way home before being murdered drove several WS posters to madness.

Hehe yes, there always seems to be a pizza involved in UK murders :p

The Eva Rausing case. They decided she had died of natural causes. He covered her body with various bedcovers and I think possibly a plastic bag too, but they believed him when he said he just didn't want to part with her.
She didn't have any bruising on her though so there was no evidence he'd physically harmed her, whereas Tia had bruises on her lower body. Doesn't really sound like natural causes to me, not by any stretch of the imagination.

soozieqtips,tis just ideas being thrown about.
She may even have commited suicide or accidentally killed herself for all we know at the minute,hes walked in and found her dead and my above posted scenarios happened.
I know there was a young(12-14yrs old?) boy in the states who accidentaly died trying to outdo his friends at the choke game,he had recorded himself doing it...

Could it be that Tia died naturally and SH panicked?,i mean with the convictions he has etc,and i reckon he wouldnt be the biggest fan of the police,probably feels theyre always out to pin things on him from past experiences so i doubt hed go to them..

Now the above scenario i reckon would only happen if he walked in on her body,if she had been dead some time,i think if she died naturally in front of him(thinking heart/asthma attack or similar) i think hed panick and call ambulance whilst trying to revive her..

Just a couple of thoughts..

I think more likely she accidentally died - either owing to his actions (hit her, she fell and cracked her skull) or not (fall down the stairs).

In the case of his actions causing her death, I could see him being worried about being 'fitted up' with murder. That added to panic could result in him hiding the body - either in an attempt to get more time to think or with the intention of moving it later (with a view to either make it look like she was killed by someone else somewhere else).

ETA: The point I'm trying to make is that if she wasn't murdered by SH, then her death must have been in some way threatening for him, more likely in a scenario where he is the instigator/feels responsible, but given his history and possible substance abuse, possible if she did die by accident.

She didn't have any bruising on her though so there was no evidence he'd physically harmed her, whereas Tia had bruises on her lower body. Doesn't really sound like natural causes to me, not by any stretch of the imagination.

We don't really know that though do we.

She may even have commited suicide or accidentally killed herself for all we know at the minute,hes walked in and found her dead and my above posted scenarios happened.
I know there was a young(12-14yrs old?) boy in the states who accidentaly died trying to outdo his friends at the choke game,he had recorded himself doing it...

I think suicide is unlikely given the circumstances. Someone could probably find the stats, but I'm guessing that those in that age group (in the UK) probably opt for hanging/pills, and both of those would have left evidence.

I agree user but just ideas in my head,suppose thasts better than the voices in my head lol.

Hehe yes, there always seems to be a pizza involved in UK murders :p
George Orwell, in his classic and wonderfully readable essay Decline of the English Murder (here) cited poison as being the quintessential ingredient in the perfect English crime. The notion of pizza boxes, one imagines, would have him rolling in his grave, lol.

Oh yeah, there are lots of ideas being thrown about. Good ones too. That's why I constantly change my mind as to what I think might have happened, because someone will come up with something I hadn't thought of.

But the ideas can still be questioned. Why, for example, if Tia died of natural causes, did she have bruising on her lower body? Do you think she fell down some stairs maybe? If she'd got hold of some of the booze in the house and helped herself to some for a 'laugh' - she could have got quickly drunk and fallen down the stairs. But then again, why not call an ambulance?

So many ideas, so many theories, and unless a cause of death can be established, we may never know what happened that night. I can't see Hazell suddenly getting a conscience and telling the truth about what happened. I also wonder if he's getting alcohol withdrawal symptoms since he's been in custody. He must be feeling a lot of pressure and for once he can't drown his sorrows in a bottle of vodka and black it out. This might be the one time in a long time that he'll be sober long enough to perhaps have enough time to reflect on what's happened with a clear mind.

Who knows, he might be very different after a forced period of abstinence.

Did I miss something?? I don't remember reading any place that Tia had bruises on her lower body. Is there a link I can go read that, please. thank you

I still think Tabak ate it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members