GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opal, you are not the only one to think this. I have also had a very bad, negative feeling about DS from the beginning and I have no logical reason for doing so.
I have tried very hard to put it out of my mind, because on the surface there is nothing suspicious to be seen.
He was - most of the time - the spokesperson for the family, he is shown taking food to CS and SH at their home, he was planning to take TS on holiday.

So I dont know why the negative vibes - perhaps I also need to re think.
I feel the same as you

Like you I very strongly feel DS is the 'big cheese' in the family.

I do feel that CS.NS and DN knew what happened to Tia.

On his own, I think SH could be dispensible to the family .I think DS linked the members of the family.

I think it was telling how DS appeared in the first press conference with his 'friends '.

He has been very supportive of SH .saying how SH changed his ways after joining the family.
He was there in the interview to keep SH to the story line.

I do agree all round. The picture of him with his friends standing slightly behind him on either side - wearing the t-shirts, to me was designed to intimidate person or persons connected to the case or living on the estate.

I so not see any good reason why SH so obviously deferred to him in the interview, unless he was guided by him and he relies on DS for his continued association with the family.

Like you I very strongly feel DS is the 'big cheese' in the family.

On his own, I think SH could be dispensible to the family .I think DS linked the members of the family.

I think it was telling how DS appeared in the first press conference with his 'friends '.

He has been very supportive of SH .saying how SH changed his ways after joining the family.
He was there in the interview to keep SH to the story line.

OK, I would agree that he was the BIG CHEESE in the family in that he probably was the one they all looked up to, the one that was intelligent enough and confident enough to face the media under such intense scrutiny, and if he was my friend and wanted support to show the family and community are united in finding Tia, I'd have been standing by his side wearing a t-shirt too.

So indispensible, yes, but I think in a "good" way. I agree he may have "known" something was afoot, but I'm pretty sure he had no facts to back it up, thus the support of SH in the interview and on Facebook.

I guess what I am saying is that if I was DS I would have done exactly the same (regardless of my doubts) until there was proof. I liked the fella.

I do agree all round. The picture of him with his friends standing slightly behind him on either side - wearing the t-shirts, to me was designed to intimidate person or persons connected to the case or living on the estate.

I so not see any good reason why SH so obviously deferred to him in the interview, unless he was guided by him and he relies on DS for his continued association with the family.

I totally agree.SH needs the family far more than they need him.

I wonder if SH was trying to get to meet DS on the day of his arrest.

I agree with this, too - whenever I've seen photos or video footage of them, they have that peculiar look in their eyes that gives away people who are pretending. I can't accurately describe it: it's amost a hidden smirk behind the eyes, but not quite. I'm sure most of you know what I'm referring to, and it is not there when you see people who are genuine but invariably appears when people are hiding something. I think they were all terrified that if the truth came out, the two young boys (Tia's half-brothers) would be taken into care. JMO, of course...

OK, I would agree that he was the BIG CHEESE in the family in that he probably was the one they all looked up to, the one that was intelligent enough and confident enough to face the media under such intense scrutiny, and if he was my friend and wanted support to show the family and community are united in finding Tia, I'd have been standing by his side wearing a t-shirt too.

So indispensible, yes, but I think in a "good" way. I agree he may have "known" something was afoot, but I'm pretty sure he had no facts to back it up, thus the support of SH in the interview and on Facebook.

I guess what I am saying is that if I was DS I would have done exactly the same (regardless of my doubts) until there was proof. I liked the fella.

It is great we put different views .

I thought his friends were there as a warning to others.

If DS was not involved then I think he would be suspicious of SH the last person to be with her and therefore would not be openly as supportive

I totally agree.SH needs the family far more than they need him.

If this is the case I have 2 questions:

1) why would he murder a member of their family if he needs the family so much?

2) to what lengths would you go to protect the family/a supportive family member, when that family provides you with a home and an income?

Either he didn't realise he needed the family and is a murderer, he needs the family and it was an accidental death or he doesn't give a flying **** about the family.

I agree with this, too - whenever I've seen photos or video footage of them, they have that peculiar look in their eyes that gives away people who are pretending. I can't accurately describe it: it's amost a hidden smirk behind the eyes, but not quite. I'm sure most of you know what I'm referring to, and it is not there when you see people who are genuine but invariably appears when people are hiding something. I think they were all terrified that if the truth came out, the two young boys (Tia's half-brothers) would be taken into care. JMO, of course...

I agree with you except for worring about the two boys going into care-I think they were worried about their own welfare.

I thought his friends were there as a warning to others.

If DS was not involved then I think he would be suspicious of SH the last person to be with her and therefore would not be openly as supportive

His friends were not exactly scary! I could do a better job and 5ft 9 and 10 stone!

If DS had suspicions but no fact, he would have still been nominated spokesperson. I can't imagine DS saying

"nah, not on your nelly am I going to shirk the family responsibility to face the press, to be by SH's side in this interview. SH's is TS's killer, why should I?"

I just can't see an upstanding member of the family shirking away like that. I can however imagine how horrible he must have felt supporting SH with significant doubts in his mind......

I agree with this, too - whenever I've seen photos or video footage of them, they have that peculiar look in their eyes that gives away people who are pretending.

or....whenever I've seen photos or video footage of them, they have that peculiar look in their eyes that gives away people who are hiding their suspicions

Yes he does.I was going on the feeling he might have been waiting, giving support to NS

ok, so SH went to Merton to find DS, who was in Merton supporting his sister. To be honest, that may be a possibility...if DS was with his sister. If not, (or even if true), why was SH arrested in Merton? Why Merton? Is it possible he went to NS's house to tell the truth, but wasn't let in?

Why Merton, why was he found in Merton? Handing out leaflets to the local area in case they'd seen Tia? I don't think so. By that point I'd imagine the whole of Merton were fully aware that one of their children was missing and SH would be equally aware.

Why Merton?

If this is the case I have 2 questions:

1) why would he murder a member of their family if he needs the family so much?

2) to what lengths would you go to protect the family/a supportive family member, when that family provides you with a home and an income?

Either he didn't realise he needed the family and is a murderer, he needs the family and it was an accidental death or he doesn't give a flying **** about the family.

Still not entirely clear in my own mind about this,but I do have a niggling thought that perhaps SH did not do the acrual killing or that he was not alone when it happened.

A poster did say(this could well be just rumour as it was not substantiated with any facts) they knew Tia was getting fed up with the family situation at home.

I think perhaps DS was a more successful criminal than SH and was higher up in the drug pushing chain and possibly not a user himself.

He could be supplying NS and Tia was fed up with what it was doing to her mother and there was some sort of confrontation.

DS really was there from "day dot" wasn't he. He will have known all about the DV, drugs, SS involvement, SH's record, Tia's living arrangments etc.

Personally, I would not, and did not wear a t shirt when my sis was missing in the says before she was found dead - why not? Because everyone who knew me and everyone in the community already knew she was missing.

The people who didn't know me - could they read what is on that t-shirt unless they were close up? If you are close enough to a person, you can talk to them. You would carry a large and recent photograph on a flyer to hand out. (Assuming that the police think this is a good idea) People can take it away and keep it - it gives them something real to have and makes them think actively rather than passively about the missing child. You talk to everyone in pubs, clubs, restaurants, shopping centres in the early days. Once it has national media coverage, you don't need t-shirts.

They were making it about them imho, or maybe, DS was assisting the police all along. Could be that he assisted the police in a covert way. I really hope so.

Although I have experience of a family member missing and being found dead, perhaps it is because I am from a different background that I cannot relate to any of the behaviour of this family since Tia "went missing". They were behaving as though she was already dead and they wanted to be grieving and seen to be grieving. No one in my entire family shed a tear until sis's body was found. It wastes time when you could be doing something useful.

Just my opinion and absolutely no offence meant to anyone who thinks differently.

or....whenever I've seen photos or video footage of them, they have that peculiar look in their eyes that gives away people who are hiding their suspicions

It could be that, Moby - but to me, it seems to be evident at a stronger level than that... Guilt and suspicion have a somewhat different flavour to them, although in terms of "the look in the eyes", they are in the same spectrum...IMO :)

DS really was there from "day dot" wasn't he. He will have known all about the DV, drugs, SS involvement, SH's record, Tia's living arrangments etc.

Personally, I would not, and did not wear a t shirt when my sis was missing in the says before she was found dead - why not? Because everyone who knew me and everyone in the community already knew she was missing.

The people who didn't know me - could they read what is on that t-shirt unless they were close up? If you are close enough to a person, you can talk to them. You would carry a large and recent photograph on a flyer to hand out. (Assuming that the police think this is a good idea) People can take it away and keep it - it gives them something real to have and makes them think actively rather than passively about the missing child. You and talk to everyone in pubs, clubs, restaurants, shopping centres in the early days. Once it has national media coverage, you don't need t-shirts.

They were making it about them imho, or maybe, DS was assisting the police all along. Could be that he assisted the police in a covert way. I really hope so.

Although I have experience of a family member missing and being found dead, perhaps it is because I am from a different background that I cannot relate to any of the behaviour of this family since Tia "went missing". They were behaving as though she was already dead and they wanted to be grieving and seen to be grieving. No one in my entire family shed a tear until sis's body was found. It wastes time when you could be doing something useful.

Just my opinion and absolutely no offence meant to anyone who thinks differently.

I agree with every thing you have written.

The only two other cases I remember with T shirts were the MCCanns and Shannon Matthews

I think perhaps DS was a more successful criminal than SH and was higher up in the drug pushing chain and possibly not a user himself.

Can you try and explain why you feel this may be the case. I know you explain it as a hunch, but can you express why you have this hunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr