Found Deceased UK - William "Bill" Taylor, 70, Gosmore, Hertfordshire, 3 June 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What an unusual situation, a missing body and charges for conspiracy to murder but not actual murder. It's highly unlikely there were two people on this planet who conspired to murder Bill but weren't actually responsible for his murder.

MOO

confirmation of relationship between them -

The estranged wife of missing multi-millionaire farmer William Taylor and her lover appeared in court today charged with conspiring to murder him.

She sobbed in the dock where a woman detention officer sat between them.

Missing multi-millionaire farmer's estranged wife, and her lover are remanded in custody | Daily Mail Online

Just reminding myself really - from this article

The pair will next appear at St Albans crown court on January 7.

I can't see any reports up yet. I wonder what happened concerning the arson investigation - just a reminder that they were initially arrested in September 2018 on these grounds -

...four people are arrested on suspicion of murder and conspiracy to commit murder.
They have also been arrested on suspicion of arson and conspiracy to commit arson in connection with a vehicle fire.

Missing Hertfordshire farmer case: Now being treated as murder

This report by the BBC is different. Now the hunt is on to get to the truth of the matter! Have they now been charged with his murder?

"The estranged wife of missing multi-millionaire farmer William Taylor and her partner have pleaded not guilty to his murder.

Angela Taylor, 52, and Paul Cannon, 53, also denied an arson attack on Mr Taylor's car days before he disappeared last June."

Ex-wife and partner deny farmer's murder

Very odd....

The only other outlet who seem to have covered the news is Farming UK and they seem to have combined the earlier charge with the new one !

The pair were charged with conspiracy to murder the 69-year-old in December.

However, the pair have now pleaded not guilty to his murder, and have also denied an arson attack on Mr Taylor's car days before he disappeared last June.

Ex wife and partner deny murder of missing Hertfordshire farmer - Farming UK News

I'm wondering if the only thing holding police back from a murder charge was lack of a body but if they have now changed the charges to murder maybe they thought along the same lines as I already posted, it's not too much of a leap to think they carried through with a plan they had formulated, since 70 year olds with the kind of life he had don't just vanish from their homes overnight.

Yes I tend to agree with that. In a small community people tend to know each others business so who knows what information has been forthcoming. I was more surprised at the two sons being released

1/29/2019

Missing William Taylor – murder investigation update

• A man has been charged in connection with the disappearance of William ‘Bill’ Taylor from Gosmore in North Herts.
  • Gwyn Griffiths, age 59, of Lucy Avenue, Folkestone, Kent, was arrested on Sunday, January 27.
  • He has been charged with conspiracy to murder and assisting offenders.
  • Anyone with information that can help police should call 101
Since then extensive enquiries and searches have been carried out in the effort to locate him before information led officers to launch a murder investigation.

William’s body has not yet been found and enquiries are on-going.

Third person is charged over disappearance and suspected murder of millionaire father | Daily Mail Online

Third person is charged over disappearance and suspected murder of millionaire farmer who disappeared seven months ago without his body ever being found
  • William 'Bill' Taylor, was last seen at his home in Gosmore, near Hitchin
  • Gwyn Griffiths of Folkestone, Kent, has been charged with conspiracy to murder
  • His estranged wife and her boyfriend have also been charged with his murder
By BRENDAN MCFADDEN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:34 EST, 29 January 2019 | UPDATED: 12:43 EST, 29 January 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member