GUILTY UK - Zara Aleena, 36, murdered in ‘horrific assault’ in east London, 26 June 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ched

Reaction score
The 36-year-old was walking along Cranbrook Road in the direction of Gants Hill station in Ilford when she was attacked in the early hours of Sunday morning and later died in hospital.

The woman had been subjected to a horrific assault and sadly passed away as a result of her injuries.

Speaking at a news conference this afternoon, Met Police Chief Superintendent Stuart Bell said she was the victim of an "opportunist stranger attack".

He said Ms Aleena, who was local to the area, "suffered multiple serious injuries that contributed to her death", but there is "no evidence at this time that weapons were used during the attack".

Moments after the briefing, the Met announced they have arrested a 29-year-old man.

Miss Aleena had been working at the Royal Courts of Justice as an administration officer while she sought a trainee solicitor role that would allow her to embark on a legal career, said her cousin, who asked not to be named

Sabina Nessa's sister reveals horror at 'yet another' young woman murdered on streets after aspiring lawyer Zara Aleena, 35, was killed by 'stranger' while walking home from night out​

Last edited:
A witness has described how an attacker approached Miss Aleena from behind and dragged her into a driveway after putting his hand over her mouth.

The man was then allegedly seen stamping on his victim repeatedly before leaving the scene, according to locals who captured the incident on CCTV and shared the material with police.

She said: “There was a man pacing up and down the driveway of the house opposite. We thought he was drunk. He was on the drive next to a white car that was parked there and was looking down at something.

We didn’t see anything other than him, but he was stumbling around on the drive and we thought he was drunk. We were watching out of the window. I was in my bedroom the whole time.”

She added: “We’ve heard from other residents that he came from behind her and put his hand on her mouth. She was behind the wall, he dragged her there. He was apparently stamping.

“My partner went out as he saw people standing there looking at something, I was looking from my bedroom window. My husband went out to see if the man was still there and saw the state of her… Then he phoned an ambulance.”

A local’s private CCTV camera caught her being dragged into the driveway. Someone local was walking past and saw that she was still breathing and tried to give her CPR.

A witness has described how an attacker approached Miss Aleena from behind and dragged her into a driveway after putting his hand over her mouth.

The man was then allegedly seen stamping on his victim repeatedly before leaving the scene, according to locals who captured the incident on CCTV and shared the material with police.

She said: “There was a man pacing up and down the driveway of the house opposite. We thought he was drunk. He was on the drive next to a white car that was parked there and was looking down at something.

We didn’t see anything other than him, but he was stumbling around on the drive and we thought he was drunk. We were watching out of the window. I was in my bedroom the whole time.”

She added: “We’ve heard from other residents that he came from behind her and put his hand on her mouth. She was behind the wall, he dragged her there. He was apparently stamping.

“My partner went out as he saw people standing there looking at something, I was looking from my bedroom window. My husband went out to see if the man was still there and saw the state of her… Then he phoned an ambulance.”

A local’s private CCTV camera caught her being dragged into the driveway. Someone local was walking past and saw that she was still breathing and tried to give her CPR.

This is absolutely sickening.
This poor poor lady!
RIP

I watched the cctv video in DM and the murderer seemed older than 29.
His gait seemed heavy.
I also thought he was drunk.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member