GUILTY UK - Zara Aleena, 36, murdered in ‘horrific assault’ in east London, 26 June 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A victim impact statement is an important part of the criminal justice process.

They give those who've been affected by a crime a voice, allowing them to convey the impact of the crime, telling the person who committed it just what it has done to their lives.

But in this case McSweeney isn't listening to Zara's aunt Farah Naz as she tells of how their lives have been "destroyed".

He is down in the cells below, refusing to face his punishment.

They should play it on a loop in his cell, day and night.

Watch live: Jordan McSweeney sentenced for the murder of Zara Aleena​

''Scheduled for Dec 14, 2022
14:30 update: Court is currently hearing witness impact statements and the stream will begin as soon as is allowed. Jordan McSweeney is being sentenced for the murder of Zara Aleena just days after being released from prison. The 29-year-old defendant, who had targeted more than one woman before he preyed on Ms Aleena, also pleaded guilty to sexual assault. Ms Aleena was walking home in Ilford, east London, after spending the evening with friends when she was attacked by McSweeney.''

Refusal to attend sentencing should incur an extra 5 years on the sentence. That would sort it.

Agree that changes should be made to require defendants to attend sentencing pending some dramatic (and actual) medical reason to be excused from it. At times it seems to be considered a "bolt-on" to the legal process, and not an important part of it.

Watch live: Jordan McSweeney sentenced for the murder of Zara Aleena​

''Scheduled for Dec 14, 2022
14:30 update: Court is currently hearing witness impact statements and the stream will begin as soon as is allowed. Jordan McSweeney is being sentenced for the murder of Zara Aleena just days after being released from prison. The 29-year-old defendant, who had targeted more than one woman before he preyed on Ms Aleena, also pleaded guilty to sexual assault. Ms Aleena was walking home in Ilford, east London, after spending the evening with friends when she was attacked by McSweeney.''
From the video, a minimum of 38 years.

Last edited:
They should be forced into court. I don't know why they let them choose.

38 years, hopefully he never sees freedom again.
There should be significant loss of any current or potential privileges and / or impact for sentencing for refusing to appear.

It is a hefty sentence, but it assumes the possibility this person would in the future be considered to get the chance to enjoy a stroll on a beach, or a meal in a restaurant, or quality time with any remaining family — pleasures Zara can never have.

Meanwhile, her siblings and other relatives will very likely still be alive and have to worry about parole years in the future.

I still hope we can finally move to life meaning life for this type of crime which is sadistic and in which there is zero mitigation, especially given this offender’s record. It’s perverse that the likes of Colin Pitchfork or the repellent killer in this case might ever be free.

Life sentence for killer after showing 'no remorse'​

If you're just joining us, Jordan McSweeney has been jailed for life for the "brutal, sexually motived" murder Zara Aleena in east London last summer, with a minimum term of 38 years set by the judge, Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb.
Here's a quick summary of her sentencing remarks:
  • McSweeney was "prowling the streets" looking for a victim, just nine days after being released from prison
  • Zara Aleena's death has "broken" her mother, with her death meaning the "light has gone out from their lives"
  • McSweeney followed multiple women on the same night, all who managed to evade him before he set eyes on Zara Aleena
  • Zara Aleena was subjected to a brutal attack, where she was sexually assaulted and stamped on multiple times by McSweeney after trying to escape him
  • The judge said the killer was "wholly aware of what he was doing" when he inflicted "dozens of injuries" on his victim
  • Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb said his refusal to appear in court to face sentencing showed he had "no spine whatsoever"
  • She described McSweeny as a "pugnacious and deeply violent man", who has shown "no remorse" for his actions or their impact on Zara Aleena's family

This trial was horrific to follow today.

I hope the other women he followed receive support after this as Zara could have easily been them.

Reading the trial you also have to praise the two men on the street when he was following ‘girl 2’ who knew something was uneasy so kept a check on him.

RIP zara - your family did you so proud today.

"Murdered Zara Aleena's family slam 'unjust' rules that let her killer avoid facing them at sentencing hearing when he refused to leave his cell - as Dominic Raab plans law change to force criminals."

Facebook profiles of the .

can rot for all anyone cares. i find it difficult to believe he is tough at all so don’t expect prison to be nice for him. He will be in a very tough prison as well with other rapists and murderers.

Good decision by coroner, Ms Nadia Persaud to examine, with a jury, whether any of the services (police, probation service) involved with McSweeney, failed to act correctly/with sufficient urgency when this habitual criminal was recalled to prison

Clearly, McSweeney was unwilling or incapable of, living in society without being a constant menace to other people. Having racked up so many offences, he was obviously one of those people who are given chance after chance, why? I'm not in favour of just sacking people in these very difficult jobs, but I think it's always a good idea to look at the consequences of your mistakes/lack of efficiency and for these tragic cases (similarly the failure to arrest Wayne Couzens for pre-rape offences) to be extensively used in training.
The people who really need to be held to account as well are the judges who maybe did not sentence McSweeney to the longest terms possible for his huge number of past offences. Judges should also be made to reflect on the consequences of soft sentencing.

Last edited:
The vile killing thing has pleaded for an early release. 38 years was too much for someone of his standing both before and after the heinous and protracted murder of ms Aleena. I hope it stands at 38 years and is unchanged.

Last edited:
Sexual predator has minimum term of life sentence cut from 38 to 33 years by Court of Appeal judges.

I'm disgusted they cut his sentence.

And this??
The Lady Chief Justice Lady Carr said: "Having correctly found that Ms Aleena must have been rendered unconscious at an early stage in the attack, the judge had lacked a sufficient evidential basis on which to be sure that there had been additional mental or physical suffering such as to justify an increase in the 30-year starting point."

Sexual predator has minimum term of life sentence cut from 38 to 33 years by Court of Appeal judges.

I'm disgusted they cut his sentence.

And this??

That's a horrific judgment and I hope her family can challenge this. So basically, a female is saying that if a man assaults you so viciously you are quickly rendered unconscious, your attacker is doing you a favour and he can expect a reduced sentence for this considerate and thoughtful act.

Makes me want to puke.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy