Unedited Police Interrogation Videos of Jodi

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Which video does she confess in? Which one is the ninja story in?

I'm just about to start 14 so I want to say the last 2 or 3 minutes of 12 is when she starts to crack, and then 13 is filled with a lot of info. But I haven't heard the ninja story yet.

So I guess if Flores had been questioning the gas pump guy and said, "If Travis never got gas from you, he'd still be alive" -- the gas guy would also say, "that's true!"

Yep, it makes perfect sense. I see what you mean ;)

Color me dumb? But I don't get it. And what does butterfly effect mean?
Thanks gazillions in advance.

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions, where a small change at one place in a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences to a later state.

When a butterfly flaps its wings in one part of the world it can cause a hurricane in another part of the world.

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions, where a small change at one place in a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences to a later state. The name of the effect, coined by Edward Lorenz, is derived from the theoretical example of a hurricane's formation being contingent on whether or not a distant butterfly had flapped its wings several weeks before.
Although the butterfly effect may appear to be an esoteric and unlikely behavior, it is exhibited by very simple systems: for example, a ball placed at the crest of a hill may roll into any of several valleys depending on, among other things, slight differences in initial position.
The butterfly effect is a common trope in fiction when presenting scenarios involving time travel and with hypotheses where one storyline diverges at the moment of a seemingly minor event resulting in two significantly different outcomes.

I sure appreciated your summaries of what was said, I watched the videos but could not hear most of what was said. You rock.

And yeah, there should have been some kind of sound effect--in the room! Maybe then she would have gotten the point... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A clap of thunder would have been a nice touch :biggrin:

I'm in video 14, and having been asked "did he know you were coming" about a thousand times by both detectives, I'm STILL waiting for her to answer. Either she's very very very clever in not answering deliberately, or she just truly didn't know what to say and had just dumb luck. I think it's clear that question has come up a million times and they want to know for a reason, but she's holding out.

I wonder if she ever answers. Nobody tell me, I want to be surprised.

I'm in video 14, and having been asked "did he know you were coming" about a thousand times by both detectives, I'm STILL waiting for her to answer. Either she's very very very clever in not answering deliberately, or she just truly didn't know what to say and had just dumb luck. I think it's clear that question has come up a million times and they want to know for a reason, but she's holding out.

I wonder if she ever answers. Nobody tell me, I want to be surprised.

BBM My lips are sealed.

She doesn't have narcolepsy. People with narcolepsy have uncontrollable episodes of falling asleep during the daytime. JA would have sleep attacks in court if this were true. Perhaps JA has trained herself to fall asleep anywhere because her life has been a chaotic disaster and it was necessary to grab sleep whenever she could.

Maybe it's another cat-like behavior; cats sleep a lot because they need to save their energy for more important things like, upon waking, hunting and killing something.

I just recalled something my hubby and I discussed the other night. You know how Jodi first told Flores about her trip and what her plans were? She first makes it sound like she did go visit Laura (DBs sister) then after Flores wants her number Jodi quickly says that she never actually got to Laura's house. Why has neither side brought Laura in to answer whether she had plans with Jodi or if Jodi's story is true.
I honestly think this is where the matter of premeditation can be proven or not. If she did try to get a hold of Laura that day and even better if she left Laura messages asking her "hey I'm nearby and waiting for you to get back to me" or something to that effect and Laura didn't get back to her then I would consider it possible that this wasn't premeditated.
I think Laura's story about this is very important and wonder why neither side haven't brought her in or even mention if calls or texts between the two exist. If they did have some exchange, don't you think DT would have brought this up. I don't get it as JA claims Laura not getting back to her is the big reason she ended up going to TA's. Did I some how miss something?

BBM: She's a narcissist. In her mind, she had an airtight alibi.

I couldn't agree more. I wonder how many times she's gotten away with murder(not literally) with her lying. I really think she thought she could just seduce Flores and walk out of there.:floorlaugh:

Doesn't that just creep you out?? I wanted to slap her about then - right at that 19 minute mark. lol

I just really, really think she took those pictures to remember the killing. I wonder if she has more. She was so concerned about getting hold of her camera and hard-drive. And I know that I read somewhere that her defense team got the records to her hard-drive sealed. Something huge had to be on her hard-drive for them to seal it.

I just recalled something my hubby and I discussed the other night. You know how Jodi first told Flores about her trip and what her plans were? She first makes it sound like she did go visit Laura (DBs sister) then after Flores wants her number Jodi quickly says that she never actually got to Laura's house. Why has neither side brought Laura in to answer whether she had plans with Jodi or if Jodi's story is true.
I honestly think this is where the matter of premeditation can be proven or not. If she did try to get a hold of Laura that day and even better if she left Laura messages asking her "hey I'm nearby and waiting for you to get back to me" or something to that effect and Laura didn't get back to her then I would consider it possible that this wasn't premeditated.
I think Laura's story about this is very important and wonder why neither side haven't brought her in or even mention if calls or texts between the two exist. If they did have some exchange, don't you think DT would have brought this up. I don't get it as JA claims Laura not getting back to her is the big reason she ended up going to TA's. Did I some how miss something?

Rest assured the Prosecution has some juicy stuff to present during rebuttal.

Rest assured the Prosecution has some juicy stuff to present during rebuttal.

Hope so. Looks like everyone is in other threads or perhaps taking part in RL. I'm jumping over to the trial thread:seeya:

Please stay on the topic of the unedited interrogation tapes... I am going to be moving off topic posts to the general discussion thread...thanks

Second day of interrogation, July 16, 2008. From “Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Videos” posted to YouTube by David Lohr. Jodi wears orange jail scrubs.

Disclaimer: I transcribed these as notes; they are not verbatim. Please do not get hung up on wording as it may not be accurate. Not everything was transcribed; not all questions or discussions are shown here. Please watch videos for accuracy. (G&AMom)

Video 6

Jodi is sitting alone in Interrogation Room, wearing orange jail scrubs, waist chain and handcuffs. She sits motionless for several minutes, staring at a picture on wall. Sighs. Sings. Checks fingernails. Stares at picture again. Scratches side of head on edge of table (because she can’t reach with handcuffs).

4 min 11 sec; Female Detective and Detective Flores enter. The detective removes the handcuffs and waist chain. She says Jodi does not seem to be the type to give us any trouble when handcuffs are removed. (Flores leaves.)

The detective sits, turns on voice recorder. She says today’s date is July 16; identifies herself as Detective Rachel Blaney. Blaney says the voice recorder is a formality, mostly for Jodi’s protection. She reads Jodi her Miranda rights and asks if Jodi understands. Jodi says yes.

Blaney: I have been privy to the interrogation and all the evidence. It is obvious to me that you are not the typical suspect. You come from a good home, a good family; your parents obviously care about you. You are a bright girl, probably more intelligent than you were letting on yesterday. There is no question that you were the person who took Travis’ life, but what I would like to know is to determine whether you are a cold-blooded, cold-hearted murder or are you somebody that got caught up in circumstances and things got out of control. Given the right circumstances, I believe anybody could be capable of hurting another person. What I don’t see very often are people like you that are intelligent, spiritual and caring, so I tend to believe that it was an incident of circumstance. It looks to me like Travis befriended you, you got in this relationship and he took advantage of you, of your generosity and kindness. I think Travis was a player and most women have met men like him.

Blaney: Because you are a smart person from a good family, I hope you will make some smart choices for yourself. When this hits the media, do you want to be portrayed as a cold-blooded, cold-hearted murderer or do you want it to be portrayed that things just got out of hand and you are remorseful.

Blaney: You are a businesswoman, right? You have a couple of businesses, right? So you are a smart girl. You are obviously well organized and well read.

Jodi: I’m well read but I’m not well organized. I procrastinates and let papers pile up. I try to be organized.

Jodi (crying softly): I saw Travis’ sisters at the memorial service for him. He talked about how proud he was of them because they came from a rough background. The sisters had done really well.

Blaney: I imagine keeping this all inside is tearing you apart. You have portrayed yourself as being very strong but I can see it in your eyes.

Jodi: Flores told my dad I was very cold yesterday but I’m not, I am resolute. It is not that I haven’t cried. I have to be happy and cheerful at work so I have to suppress everything and put on an act. If I am going to get more clients I have to be an attractive person, have an attractive personality, so it is not like I haven’t been grieving.

Blaney: You have an image to portray, this is understandable.

Jodi: I fall apart when you are not looking. At night when I fall asleep, that’s the time I used to talk to Travis (when he was alive). It is hard.

Blaney: You need to decide how you want to be portrayed. You didn’t mean to hurt him?

Jodi: I hurt him emotionally but I never meant to hurt him.

Blaney: How are you going to come clean with God if you can’t even look his family in the face and show remorse? I don’t think that you are a bad person who meant for this to happen. You will be sitting in a cell and this will eat you up. Just because I am a cop doesn’t mean I don’t care. I am not judging you. I am trying to help you out. When you continue to deny, deny, deny you appear to be a cold-blooded killer. The media will feed off that. The media will be at the trial. Do you want to be like OJ Simpson? Because nobody felt sorry for him or respected him afterwards.

Blaney: Things will start moving really fast now. This is kind of a pause. This is your opportunity before things start getting heavy. We don’t need you to tell us anything because we have so much concrete evidence. I am doing this for you. The case will go on no matter what. What you say can help you.

Jodi: How can what I say help me? How can I affect the media?

Blaney: You take control of the situation and paint whatever picture you want to paint for yourself. The media doesn’t like warm and fuzzy pictures, they like to paint the vicious, cold-blooded killer because that sells.

Jodi: I don’t feel like I have any control over the media.

Blaney: You have the opportunity to tell your side of the story. Were you hoping that your relationship with Travis would lead to marriage? I know it is a cornerstone of your faith. Was he leading you down that path? Did he take advantage of you? Were promises made that were broken? Did he betray your trust? If that was the situation, the media will look at you in a letter light than if you just killed the guy because you are a cold-hearted person. This is your one shot to tell us.

Jodi: Where will my stuff that LE took go?

Blaney: It will be taken to Arizona. There was a list of everything that was taken. A copy was left at each location.

Jodi: It was a carbon copy so my parents couldn’t read it well. It included my camera. I feel bad because of my clients whose wedding pictures are on the camera (crying).

Blaney: I don’t know when the pictures will be returned. They won’t destroy them.

Jodi: I take pride in my work and I won’t get the chance to edit them. Also, my sister, I don’t know what her problem is, I guess she is far less messed up than me. She is in a program in Klamath Falls till the end of August, some kind of rehabbing for something. My mom was going to send her pictures I took from my sister’s prom night and pictures I took of my brother, they were family treasures. My mom wants to mail those pictures to Angela.

Blaney: See, this shows the person you are, that paints the picture of you as a good person caring for your family.

Jodi: Do you know what happened to my journals? I know they took one but did they take the others that were in my fireproof safe? If you want my journals, it documents the entire time starting from when I moved to Arizona up until a few days ago. I don’t know if you think it is relevant but I am sure Travis got a lot of ink in my journals.

Blaney: Our job as detectives is to determine what happened. We are neutral. It is not a matter of our opinion. You are not grasping the reality of the situation. Your concern should be for yourself. This is not going away. You are just starting your life. You should be fighting for your life.

Jodi: There is nothing to fight for. If I give you a false confession it won’t help me.

Blaney: I don’t want a false confession. Nobody ever wants that. I want to give you the opportunity to show the world, to show the jury, to show Travis’ family that you do have a heart, that you do care, that you are a good person. I don’t know the emotions that lead to what happened, obviously there was a lot of emotion. I am laying out scenarios because I wasn’t there. But it is like pulling teeth. I asked to talk to you today to give you the opportunity to tell us what happened. You have the opportunity to define yourself. Do you want the murder of Travis to define who you are? This is the time to take control of your life.

Second day of interrogation, July 16, 2008. From “Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Videos” posted to YouTube by David Lohr. Jodi wears orange jail scrubs.

Disclaimer: I transcribed these as notes; they are not verbatim. Please do not get hung up on wording as it may not be accurate. Not everything was transcribed; not all questions or discussions are shown here. Please watch videos for accuracy. (G&AMom)

Video 7

Blaney: You can’t change what happened, but you can have a little bit of control over how you are portrayed. I think you loved him and that is why there is so much emotion in what happened that day. You were angry or upset or betrayed.

Jodi: We both betrayed each other but it was so long ago. The last time we were talking marriage was when we were dating, over a year ago. He proposed to me a lot of times but he wasn’t always serious. It was kind of him to do that. I took at as a compliment, that I had done something in his eyes that he saw me as a good person. As much as I loved him there was always something inside that said he was not the guy to marry.

Blaney: So what was it that pushed you to do this? I am just guessing. What made you so angry and upset? God knows what is in your heart even if you keep lying to us. Doesn’t the Mormon religion want you to repent for what you have done? It is crystal clear that you are the person responsible for Travis’ death. I don’t think you could sit through that trial and look at Travis’ family without your lying affecting you.

Jodi: I don’t think I could either.

Blaney: Your family doesn’t want to believe (you did this). Don’t let them be stuck with that image.

Jodi: The only image they are going to be stuck with is Jodi in the big orange suit. My parents know me, they raised me. I care about the image other people have of me. I care what Travis’ family thinks of me but they will hate me no matter what. I didn’t take Travis’ life.

Jodi: I have an unrelated question. I had $40 in my purse that I could use to buy things in jail, like shampoo or whatever. What happens to my cash?

Blaney: They count it and document it. I don’t know the procedures.

Jodi: I ask because my parents don’t have a lot of money (to help me).

Blaney: I will talk to Detective Flores. I was hoping to wake you up, to show you how you can help us.

Jodi: Maybe you give me more credit than I deserve for being smart. I think that my situation is hopeless and nobody can help me.

Blaney: Are you sorry for what happened to Travis?

Jodi: Of course I’m sorry. It was awful what happened. He (Det. Flores?) showed me the pictures and he showed me the carpet. Travis was very strong. He worked out all the time. A couple of times he showed me some wrestling moves and I was just powerless.

Blaney: I am going to take a break. I will bring you some more water. Take a few minutes to think about what I said. (Blaney leaves 12 min 0 sec.)

Jodi moves to the floor and sits under the table. Rests head on arms. Cries.

16 min 10 sec. Blaney returns. Jodi moves back to chair. Blaney leans on table.

Blaney: I am really confused. Maybe I do have the wrong picture of you. All this time that we have talking, you have been talking about money, immaterial things, everything but how bad you feel about Travis.

Jodi: (Interrupting; said somewhat loudly) If I had murdered Travis I would be very remorseful.

Blaney: I think I have gotten the wrong picture of you. Maybe you are not as intelligent as I thought you were. Maybe there is nothing you can do to help yourself. What do you think should happen to the person who murdered Travis?

Jodi: I have never been one for an-eye-for-an-eye, but even the Book of Mormon says that . . . calls for the life of the person that took a life.

Blaney: Do you think that is the path you are going down now, it is inevitable, so why fight it?

Jodi: Um, I am not sure. I don’t know where I am going.

Blaney: After looking at all the evidence, then who did this?

Jodi: He was private about a lot of aspects of his life. Some things he told me. Some things I got from his My Space or Facebook account – I had passwords to them. But I do know he would get solicitations and he would always respond, he would always call them out. I don’t know if anything came of that. I know his tires were slashed.

Blaney: Maybe you weren’t the person who did it. Maybe you were just physically there. If that is the case, help us out here. I don’t know what else to do for you. If you didn’t do this then who did, because everything is pointing, screaming that Jodi killed Travis.

Blaney: What I am hearing is somebody who doesn’t give a rap about what happened. I am hearing about money, appearances, everything about you. I don’t hear anything about Travis unless you are asked specifically. How do you think that looks?

Jodi: My life is over. Travis’ life is over. I am sorry about Travis but I didn’t take his life. The reason I care about those other things (i.e., wedding pictures) is because those people still have lives and I care about those people.

Blaney: Innocent people don’t act like you. There is nothing in your actions that says you are a victim of circumstance. You will be sorry down the road.

Jodi: I agree.

Long pause. Jodi hangs her head.

Blaney: Show me I am wrong. Show me what’s in your heart and not the exterior.

Jodi rests her head on her arm on the table. Cries.

Blaney: You can give Travis’ family some closure. Do you not understand it yourself? Is it a part of you that you haven’t seen before? You can’t give Travis back but you can give his family the peace of mind as to why.

Jodi raises her head, looks off to the side.

Jodi: I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose one of my brothers.

Blaney: Tell Travis’ family why. This is a gift you can give them.

Jodi (whispers): I don’t know why.

Blaney: Did one thing just lead to another or did you plan it all out? Was he roughing you up and you just couldn’t take it any more?

Jodi: He was only violent a couple of times. That was before I moved. I would have bruises and people would be like, is Travis beating you up, ha, ha, ha. He got mad because I wore a short sleeved shirt but it was 100 degrees out.

Blaney: So this wasn’t the perfect picture relationship?

Jodi: It was rocky. I would never want to deny that we had our challenges. He said several choice words to me that weren’t nice, but he is not the first person to do that, my own father did that. So did other men and women, other boyfriends.

Blaney: But you didn’t kill them. That’s what we’re trying to understand. Let his family know it was a two-way street, it wasn’t all your fault. Or maybe I am wrong and maybe you did plan it from Day One and carried it out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back