Unedited Police Interrogation Videos of Jodi

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks so much for doing this G&AMom.

Here's another part I find fascinating:

Flores: We know you had a .25 auto. You guys reported it stolen. We recovered the ammunition and it matches. We recovered the shell casing and it matches the ammunition. Your prints, your blood, your hair, a motive, you were there . . . .

Jodi: I wasn’t jealous of anything. I was a little envious because he was going to Cancun but that wasn’t the reason. Like, I could go to Cancun. It’s not cheap, I mean, it’s not expensive to go to Mexico.

So here, she still maintains she didn't do it, and that she didn't have a motive--a reason. At the same time, however, Cancun is not the reason. It's a subconscious admission of guilt, which makes me inclined to believe that perhaps Cancun really wasn't the reason.

Thanks so much for doing this G&AMom.

Here's another part I find fascinating:

Flores: We know you had a .25 auto. You guys reported it stolen. We recovered the ammunition and it matches. We recovered the shell casing and it matches the ammunition. Your prints, your blood, your hair, a motive, you were there . . . .

Jodi: I wasn’t jealous of anything. I was a little envious because he was going to Cancun but that wasn’t the reason. Like, I could go to Cancun. It’s not cheap, I mean, it’s not expensive to go to Mexico.

So here, she still maintains she didn't do it, and that she didn't have a motive--a reason. At the same time, however, Cancun is not the reason. It's a subconscious admission of guilt, which makes me inclined to believe that perhaps Cancun really wasn't the reason.

You and I are definitely catching the same things. I'm not sure I would call it an unconscious admission of guilt -- maybe I don't understand what that is LOL. I was think more like she wanted Flores to abandon that theory right away, because it's the right one.

This part says a lot to me:

Flores: Did you guys talk when you were en route to Phoenix?

Jodi: Yeah, (very softly) just previous. I told him my phone was dying and that was true. I thought I left my charger in Monterey with Matt. I really, honestly thought I left my charger there. And I had been talking all day between . . . just on the phone and I take a lot of pictures of myself (laughing).

First, what does "just previous" mean? That makes no sense. They either talked when she was en route or not. Therefore, "just previous" indicates something happening afterwards. Does this mean that she was NOT en route to Phoenix at the moment they were speaking? I find that her speech, both during the interrogation and on the stand, is full of these references to minute, but vague, units of time. A lot of phrases such as "not at that point." So frustrating, because, if someone indicates one point, that's a reference to another point, but the "point" is dropped and she moves on to something else.

I know this is lying behaviour, and evasion, but it's not enough to say "well, she always lies!" because we know that her narratives are a mixture of real events, half-truths and lies. Which is why I zoomed in on ...

"I told him my phone was dying and that was true." That was true. So, then, what part wasn't true? The part about her thinking that she left her charger at Matt's place? Because, here, she really, honestly thought that she did leave her charger there. Sigh.

For her, not every lie is just like all the other lies. They always have a purpose (hence, she's not, by definition, a pathological liar) but the purpose is--maybe sometimes--to convince herself, not just others. She seems awfully emotionally attached to the idea that she couldn't find her phone charger. I think it's possible she almost believes this fiction. Perhaps the charger was out of sight, underneath the seat, but "losing" it gave her that extra little push to follow through. Or, she allowed herself to see the "lost" charger as a nice little sign from the universe that she could enter Arizona without a trace.

I know that calling her a sociopath resolves all these strange verbal constructions, so that every step she took, every lie, becomes simply cold-blooded, well-thought-out planning. But, something tells me her mind is full of more twists and turns and complications than that. Something tells me her conscience is flimsy, broken, full of holes, but not entirely absent. I mean, she lies calmly, but badly. Like a child. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this!

The "just prior" at the beginning refers to the call she made to Travis about about 840pm on june 3. That was the last time she contacted him before arriving at his house. Maybe her phone was dying and she certainly wasnt going to charge it, so it could ping in AZ.

Maybe she should she'd honestly lost her charger. Maybe she'd even panicked that somehow it had fallen out at Travis' house, but I'm sure she wasn't looking for it prior to wanting to turn it back on and call Travis' voicemail when she got far enough out of AZ. I can imagine her losing it in the car when she was ready to use it at the point, but I think before then, she wasn't studying where her charger was.

Her mentioning precise but meaningless moments in time are very annoying, I agree.

Yes she does have weird mannerisms. She is constantly running her fingers through her hair and shaking the hair off on the floor. This hair shedding of hers winds up getting hair all over everything. {There's a trashcan available to put the hairs, she doesn't have to throw them all over the floor} She's always picking hair off her clothing, even off the table where she will later eat/pick at her sandwich. She picks at her food like a spoiled child. Jodi being a murderer put aside, I would literally loose my appetite eating at the same table with her, the main reason being the hair falling out so easily and possibly contaminating everyone's food, just Yuck. Also I cannot believe a woman of her age is not able to eat a sandwich properly. Just nit picking at the last civilian meal she will EVER have. Grrrrr, I wanted to smack her. I would imagine if those are her normal eating habits that Travis did not want to take her out to eat in public. She eats like she was born in a barn or raised by a pack of wolves like we say in Texas, just disgusting manners all the way around. This hair shedding would disallow me from eating anything she had cooked! :sick:

I so agree with you. The way she ate the sandwich reminded me of a wild animal. It just doesn't track with her controlled behavior and verbal manner at all. More than just yuck or wierd. It was disturbing to watch her eat.

I so agree with you. The way she ate the sandwich reminded me of a wild animal. It just doesn't track with her controlled behavior and verbal manner at all. More than just yuck or wierd. It was disturbing to watch her eat.

Does anyone have a link to where she can be seen eating? I haven't seen or heard about this. So strange

Just wondering, is it just my pc or has the sound on these tapes been replaced with music? I was trying to hear the bit on tape 5 again where JA, "still hate me, brat!?" and the sound is just gone..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back