DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids gaming site: Serebii.net (never heard of this before):

88% Yes
12% No

[ame="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=12448223"]http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=12448223[/ame]

You mean, the kind of site with guns and targets? lol

Lol, just found it interesting that the first two sites that came up was a "mother's" site and youth gaming site and both were overwhelmingly for releasing the photos.

The Dalai Lama surprises [some]:

As a human being, Bin Laden may have deserved compassion and even forgiveness, the Dalai Lama said in answer to a question about the assassination of the Al Qaeda leader. But, he said, "Forgiveness doesn't mean forget what happened. … If something is serious and it is necessary to take counter-measures, you have to take counter-measures."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0504-dalai-lama-20110504,0,7229481.story

Lol, just found it interesting that the first two sites that came up was a "mother's" site and youth gaming site and both were overwhelmingly for releasing the photos.

I googled: release the photo. There were many many articles/blogs that were for it.

I googled: don't release the photo. There were many many articles/blogs that agreed.

LOL

Actually though, there isn't even a real debate because the decision has already been made: The White House will not be releasing the photos. So if you see something, it's not official. jmo

Conflicting reports from Al Arabiya (Arab media). Interesting read. Al Jazeera is its main competitor:

The daughter has reportedly told her Pakistani investigators that the US forces captured her father alive but shot him dead in front of family members. 

According to sources, Bin Laden was staying on the ground floor of the house
and was dragged on the floor to the helicopter after being shot dead by US commandos. 

There were conflicting reports about the second person the US forces took along with them. Some Pakistani officials say it was one of Bin Laden’s sons injured by the US commandos and thrown onto a separate military chopper; others say he was killed in the operation and it was only his dead body that they took along.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/05/04/147782.html 

CNN is reporting that the President was always against releasing the death photos, but allowed a lively debate on the subject among this staff.

What tipped the balance was an argument from military officials that releasing the photos might well cost the lives of American soldiers.

Good enough for me.

knew that was the reason.

common sense.

the reuter's release of the pakistani pix of the dead left behind...
very inflammatory...

it's unfortunate they had to leave bodies behind, JMHO

however, perhaps the compound occupants left behind will be the world's witnesses, and the conspiracy theorists will be satisfied that bin laden bin dead since Sunday.

A mesmerizing photo-- at least to me.

Obama and Biden await updates on bin Laden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Obama_and_Biden_await_updates_on_bin_Laden.jpg

IMO, this photo will win photo of the decade. If there is such a thing. Regardless, it's likely going down in History as one of the great documented historic moments in US History.

What a photo. Such focus and tension.

The shot of Hilary says it all.

They were holding their breaths hoping against hope that we got our target without any US casualties.

I read a several reports today that they buried the son at sea. Darn MSM. Have to get to the bottom of that.
They only took OBL - they left the son. There's a link in the thread in the political pavillion of pics that Pakistanni security took when they got to the compound and someone from there sold the pics to Reuters. Warning - they are very gruesome.
There isn't a pic of the woman that was killed - she was killed in crossfire and was not intentional.

Conflicting reports from Al Arabiya (Arab media). Interesting read. Al Jazeera is its main competitor:

The daughter has reportedly told her Pakistani investigators that the US forces captured her father alive but shot him dead in front of family members. 

According to sources, Bin Laden was staying on the ground floor of the house
and was dragged on the floor to the helicopter after being shot dead by US commandos. 

There were conflicting reports about the second person the US forces took along with them. Some Pakistani officials say it was one of Bin Laden’s sons injured by the US commandos and thrown onto a separate military chopper; others say he was killed in the operation and it was only his dead body that they took along.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/05/04/147782.html 

The girl was 12, her father had been shot and she most probably had a gun pointed at her at some point that night. So I would expect that she would have her own version of events that night.

I also am taking into consideration that this is being filtered through a government who has been accused of harboring obl and has been denying it for a number of years. And the same government whose nose is out of joint because the US came into their country and conducted a manuver, and they were not either invited nor informed.

Also I find it interesting that this is supposedly coming from a 12 year old girl. Isn't this one of the society's which is strongly paternalistic? Where men are the authority? Weren't there any little boys there to ask? Also it wasn't an adult woman with the same story. The adult women were there too. So why aren't they telling the same story?

Finally if it happened that way, I can't say I am real sorry. I know, I should be angry if it happened that way. I know he didn't get a fair trial. But the best I can do is to say that I find it ironic...... an aircraft comes out of the sky, they had no warning, then death. Doesn't that sound familiar?

There are graphic photos so click the link with caution.

Photos show three dead men at bin Laden raid house

ISLAMABAD - Photographs acquired by Reuters and taken about an hour after the U.S. assault on Osama bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad in Pakistan show three dead men lying in pools of blood, but no weapons.

The photos, taken by a Pakistani security official who entered the compound after the early morning raid on Monday, show two men dressed in traditional Pakistani garb and one in a t-shirt, with blood streaming from their ears, noses and mouths.

The official, who wished to remain anonymous, sold the pictures to Reuters.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/05/04/photos-show-three-dead-men-at-bin-laden-raid-house

Hi Adrienne, Which one do you think is Osama? The guy in the white shirt? None of these men have gray in their hair ???

The girl was 12, her father had been shot and she most probably had a gun pointed at her at some point that night. So I would expect that she would have her own version of events that night.

I also am taking into consideration that this is being filtered through a government who has been accused of harboring obl and has been denying it for a number of years. And the same government whose nose is out of joint because the US came into their country and conducted a manuver, and they were not either invited nor informed.

Also I find it interesting that this is supposedly coming from a 12 year old girl. Isn't this one of the society's which is strongly paternalistic? Where men are the authority? Weren't there any little boys there to ask? Also it wasn't an adult woman with the same story. The adult women were there too. So why aren't they telling the same story?

Finally if it happened that way, I can't say I am real sorry. I know, I should be angry if it happened that way. I know he didn't get a fair trial. But the best I can do is to say that I find it ironic...... an aircraft comes out of the sky, they had no warning, then death. Doesn't that sound familiar?

While Osama is dead, the people over in Pakistan or Afghanistan can still be punished for talking against their government, or saying anything positive for the U.S. I saw a reporter interviewing a few Pakistanis and they all said they didn't believe he lived at that compound and that Osama was still alive, in a cave in Afghanistan.

What still amazes me is that a helicopter crashes nearby, there are numerous firefights and walls breached in the house, probably lots of screaming and yelling, and Osama is STILL caught off-guard to the point that he hadn't even grabbed a weapon, yet? Was he wasted on Opium, or something?

why do people lie in general?

Respectfully, I think you miss the point. The question was not why people lie but why would an American president lie about something that is easily disproved and that would destroy his reputation and career?

I've thought about that. OBL had many look-alikes. We have been fooled by a few. So, what if a "look-alike" shows up on a video somewhere claiming to be OBL and that he isn't dead? How are we going to be able to prove that it isn't the real deal?

I kinda think all hello would break loose if a new tape emerges claiming that its him and we would pay hello in trying to disprove it.

I think OBL is easy to recognize. Look a likes are usually useful from a distance only. OBL has no twin.

The senior administration official told reporters on Sunday that “for years, we were unable to identify his true name or his location.” It took until “four years ago” — 2007, then — for intelligence officials to learn al-Kuwaiti’s real name. By then, President Bush had ceased waterboarding and shuttered the black sites, moving the detainees within them, including Mohammed and al-Libbi, to Guantanamo Bay. In a Monday interview, Donald Rumsfeld said “normal” interrogation techniques were used at Gitmo on those detainees.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/05/surveillance-not-waterboarding-led-to-bin-laden/

In truth, we may never know.

True. I have now heard conflicting reports. One was that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed gave the name of the courier during normal interrogation, although he had been water-boarded in the past and another was that
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed never gave up the name and that the CIA confirmed the identity supplied by other detainees, through normal interrogation techniques, by observing KSK lie about the identity. In other words, they knew if he was telling them they had the identity wrong, they must have had it right. The following article states torture did not lead to OBL's apprehension:

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/05/obama-advisor-waterboarding-didnt-lead-to-bin-laden-kill/

Why didn't they take a picture of him after they washed the body? I would think it would be a much more palpable picture. Taking pictures of the dead may be against Muslim tradition (I don't know if it is or not - just speculating) but they took that picture (the gruesome one) in the hanger right after they got back.

Most ME's clean the body before taking pictures of Jane Doe's or unidentified persons.

I would think they did. They videoed the burial - so why no picture of him after he was "cleaned up"?

I think I heard they did take such a picture. I'm sure they have quite a few different ones. But I heard that in the "after" picture, he was not as recognizable. Not sure why that would be.

We have long been an ally to Israel, yet - oil isn't the reason why.

Yeah, because that's where the oil is. Do you really think it's for some other reason? Human rights maybe?

I think we engage in middle east activities for various reasons, but mostly oil. We need Israel as the only non-Arab ally in the region to help protect our oil interests. Certainly, Iraq had nothing to do with the Taliban, Al Qaeda or any form of terrorism against westerners. But they do have a lot of oil. We lost a lot of good soldiers for that oil, IMO.
Nevertheless, I think we do get involved there for humanitarian and security reasons apart from oil.

This lively discussion is veering into multiple tangents, each of which invites or deserves attention but perhaps not here. JMO

I hope tomorrow brings more 'official' information on the subject/title of this thread. This is such a remarkable event about which we need far more clarification.

Peace

Quick Shana! Add a post! You are at 666 posts! LOL.

I wonder how many of the people all over the world who are censoring or disapproving of the ones who celebrate, would : if their child was murdered, raped and murdered, or tortured and murdered, and the killer then received the death penalty. Would they celebrate that this evil that hurt and terrorized their child, then killed their child, was being put to death? Would they "celebrate" when he was? Me? I would pray for God to forgive their soul, then send him to Hell. Then I would celebrate.

I have seen interviews from many people who viewed the execution of their loved one's killer or who did not witness it but who spoke about it afterwards. Not one of them cheered. Not one of them celebrated. It deson;t bring their loved one back.

Which society has lasted without using force to protect themselves?

Black people in the U.S.. They are not a nation, but as a community, as a society, they succeeded in dismantling Jim Crow, stopping lynchings (for the most part) and otherwise gaining civil rights. They did it wholly without force. Ghandi is another example of a movement that achieved greatness without force.

But, I always go back to WWII and the Nazis and the Jews. Without force, I believe many, many more Jews would have been exterminated. I love the idea of peaceful resistance but on occasion, IMO, force is necessary.

Sorta like the "President" living in the white house while many of our citizens live in ghettos, public housing, or in homes in suburbia being foreclosed?

Two different things, in the case of OBL. He wasn't life a president. He was the head of a hardcore terrorist organization and always tried to make his followers believe he lived as poorly as they did.

There has rarely been a starker juxtaposition of evil and innocence than the moment President George W. Bush received the news about 9/11 while reading The Pet Goat with second-graders in Sarasota, Fla.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110504/us_time/08599206932700

No matter what anyone thinks of President Bush and his policies (I didn't vote for him nor am I happy with how he ran our country), the look on his face when he got that news is something I will never forget. I've heard people say he was involved in 911 somehow and knew it was coming. Nonsense. The shock, anguish, horror, grief and anger showed in his face, all at the same time at that moment and I was right there with him. I think he felt deep rage for what had been done to his people and a strong resolve to get those responsible and destroy them. I don't think he went about that in the best way possible in some cases (Iraq), but I surely identified with him and when he spoke publicly later that day, he spoke for us all.

What still amazes me is that a helicopter crashes nearby, there are numerous firefights and walls breached in the house, probably lots of screaming and yelling, and Osama is STILL caught off-guard to the point that he hadn't even grabbed a weapon, yet? Was he wasted on Opium, or something?

I posted similar sentiments on this thread last night. What was he doing for apx 28 mins until they found him on the top floor, reportedly unarmed to boot?

As well, I am shocked that there weren't plans in-place for his protection or exit in any event (whether successful plans or not), and certainly some emergency contingencies with so much notice and warning as this.

btw, the apx $750 sewn into his clothes plus 2 fone numbers do NOT comprise the kind of prep I would have expected.

Quick Shana! Add a post! You are at 666 posts! LOL.

hahaha, I noticed it too but thought not to mention. You are a quick study, gitana1 my friend!

Respectfully, I think you miss the point. The question was not why people lie but why would an American president lie about something that is easily disproved and that would destroy his reputation and career?

I didn't misunderstand.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.
Bill Clinton

People say lies for all kinds of reasons. A president is not above lies.

I didn't misunderstand.

People say lies for all kinds of reasons. A president is not above lies.

I would think lying about killing the most wanted criminal on earth is different from lying about having an affair. The repercussions if the lie is exposed are vastly different. Obama would go down in history as the biggest on the face of the earth, the worst president ever and the man who single-handedly made our country the laughing stock of the world. People dislike what Clinton did and how he lied about it but Clinton left office with the highest approval rating of any president since WWII.

Besides, it's not just Obama who would be facing the risk of scandalous and career killing lying. So would several military officials, the Navy Seals, all of the president's cabinet, CIA officials, etc. That would be the grandest and stupidest conspiracy of all time. What reason would all of them have to lie about something that would ruin them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES