UPDATE Identity Confirmed As Caylee 12-19-2008 ME Info

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a sneaking suspicion that by the time this goes to trial the ME will have a COD. IMO it will be coming from toxicology. It was clear to me that Dr. G does have some very strong ideas and thoughts and is waiting for final reports to back them up. I think it is why more than one agency is following through on the testing of it all.

I think that Casey's goose will be cooked!

Even though we've all known for the past week that this was Caylee, when my husband and I saw the press conference this afternoon we hugged each other and cried. Poor, sweet baby. May she rest in peace.

If your baby dies of natural causes do you?

A) Make up a fake nanny before she dies just in case she dies of natural causes, then you can blame her.

B) Put your baby in a garbage bag and throw her in the woods.

C) Lie Lie about everything you can think of.

D) All of the above.

A= CA admits to hearing about Zanny the Nanny for over a year before Caylee's death. KC has been Lying about that for a looong time.

B= Agree it is disgusting, but KC laid many pets to rest there, to her it was a graveyard

C= She is an admitted Liar. Her photobucket account had many icons stating how "good" lying is and beneficial to her.

Im wondering what 2 1/2 yr old wraps their mouth in duct tape and climbs into a garbage bag to either A) have a heartattack or B) Choke on a piece of gum?

I know I am playing Devils advocate, but if the death was accidental, or natural. Disposing of the body, and not contacting LE does not equal Murder 1.

Tell that to Scott Peterson. Not having a cause of death didn't keep him off death row.

Grieving mothers whose children die of natural causes or even accidental causes don't dump the body in the woods and then spend a month dancing around stripper poles and stealing money from friends. They don't, when finally found and confronted, make up tales about fantasy nannies who watched the baby while they were at their fantasy job running off with the child either.

She and her family did as much as they could to prevent LE from finding the body in time enough to determine a cause of death.

First, the body was not intact. Briefly, the find is nothing more than a bunch of loose bones without any tissue. None of the bones found indicate trauma before death. There are still some missing bones and LE is still searching the site for them.

Per Dr. G, the identity was positively identified by NUCLEAR DNA. That must mean they now have the identity of the father, or am I totally wrong on this?

They are still waiting for many more test results - FBI, toxicology, anthropologist, botonist - we might find out how she died after all - we will have to wait for trial tho

NOW is the time for the gag order

Dr. G said, in her opinion, tests performed will not provide a definitive cause of death.

All the Attorneys are saying this is bad news for the pros.

Remember when KC was arrested in July and told LE that she had spoken to Caylee just the day before??? If Caylee died accidentally why would KC include this lie?

It is clear now that the rumor about duct tape stuck to her mouth in not true. It would have come off with the tissue and would not have miraculously reattached itself to the bare bone that was found. There MIGHT have been other duct tape in the bag, near the bag, or near the skull but unless it was put onto the skull AFTER the tissue deteriorated away from the skull, it was NOT over her mouth. RUMORS are not true, just as the RUMOR regarding the name of the meter reader was not true.

Kids don't usually end in garbage bags, with taped mouths, alone in a wooded area naturally. Especially if their decomposed hair and body fluids were found elsewhere.

1)circumstantial evidence - leaves plenty of room for reasonable doubt

2)crime scene evidence - We do not know that evidence yet

3) actual examination of the body - Shows no physical damage to the body (sans toxicology)

Circumstantial is not enough to commit in most cases. Examination of the body shows no physical trauma, Caylee was not beaten prior, or during her death. Crime Scene evidence, may and probably links her to her home.

To me, and moo, they cannot rule out accidental or natural death.

I am NOT a KC supporter, but with the news today, I am open to believing her crime was hiding the body and lying as long as possible. Remember, she was only 22. I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was that young. Granted I never killed or hid a body.

Laci Peterson's autopsy was the same, undetermined cause of death, but the circumstances would lead and did lead a jury to find him guilty of intentionally killing his wife. The autopsy is only one piece of the picture.

Homicide by definition does not include intent or degrees. Those are legal definitions. She is charged with murder and the prosecutors are saying at this time the overall picture will support that, the ME does not have to say she died via this route (choloroform, cracked skull, etc..) to arrive there.

Did I hear correct? That Dr. G stated they know what day she was killed and how long she's been there?

The prosecution can get Capital Murder thru Felony murder even if it was an accident - if Casey's fingerprint or spit is on that duct-tape, she's fried.

Aggrevated child abuse is a felony that leads to felony murder - putting duct tape around your child's head is aggrevated child abuse (aggrevated b/c Caylee was less than 5), and a death resulting from that aggrevated child abuse (even "accidental") is the crime of "FELONY MURDER" which is DP eligible.

AND the ME not wanting to comment on anything but the autopsy is common procedure - for HER, there may not be any way to distinguish between asphyxiation b/c of duct-tape over the mouth and asphyxiation due to drowning only by looking at the bones. Looking at the circumstantial evidnece...duct tape over face leads one to homicide, etc.

MOO (& sorry for spelling errors, I'm running out the door)

From what we heard today, there is no confirmation of Duct tape on the child.

Nobody (besides KC) knows what happened. But I do think the Defense got a lot of information today to raise reasonable doubt. Even if it was just KC disposing of the body. They didn't announce anything that reflected abuse or harm to the child. I am waiting on toxicology to demonize KC. With only bones and no soft tissue, I hope they can conduct a complete toxicology but I do not know if that is possible.

Right now I am seeing a very young mother scared to contact police and LYING to cover up her mistake in not contacting them.

Im wondering what 2 1/2 yr old wraps their mouth in duct tape and climbs into a garbage bag to either A) have a heartattack or B) Choke on a piece of gum?

Thus the reason I turn OFF Fox news when GR is on !!:furious:

unsure if this was discussed...

what will be the designated date of death (also age) for purpose of Caylee's death certificate?

It troubles me that media refer to her as 3 yo when she went missing and presumed dead at 2yo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattoc907
Back