Update: Kronk once arrested on Kidnapping in the early 1990's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with this post. This is so wrong. Even the news media that reported this should be ashamed of themselves.

I hope that the Mods shut this thread down.

As far as the media goes... that's the nature of the beast. He's somewhat of a public figure now, so any dirt is gonna be shoveled up.

RK seems like a fine individual to me. But I don't believe this information is good for the case at all.

You are right. The only thing that could be proof of anything is if he had been convicted. A charge alone proves nothing and is irrelevant.

You are indeed correct with that but I have to add one thing. Yes, the charges were dropped. What is really important is that his record was expunged. It's one thing to just drop the charges, there are many reasons for that. Victim changes their mind, evidence ruled as inadmissible, witnesses refuse to testify, etc. Having his record expunged means that the charges were completely BS from the get go. Expunging his record is the court's way of saying...oops...our bad...sorry dude....this should never have happened. If you ran a criminal history on him, his arrest would not show up. He knows that this whole case is a circus and his entire life is going to get dissected. The defense or the media will probably send people to his home town and talk to his kindergarten teacher. I can see it now.

*****Breaking News***** Sources say that Roy Kronk pulled a girls pony tail one afternoon in Mrs. Baumgarten's Kindergarten class at Beach Elementary School on November 11, 1968. So it seems Mr. Kronk has quite the history of abusing women. We tried contacting Mr. Kronk for a statement but he refused our requests. Back to you guys in the studio...

(Disclaimer- the above is total fiction made up in my head to prove a point. It should not be taken as the truth but as a silly little made up story to prove my point. Thank you for your continued cooperation)

You are indeed correct with that but I have to add one thing. Yes, the charges were dropped. What is really important is that his record was expunged. It's one thing to just drop the charges, there are many reasons for that. Victim changes their mind, evidence ruled as inadmissible, witnesses refuse to testify, etc. Having his record expunged means that the charges were completely BS from the get go. Expunging his record is the court's way of saying...oops...our bad...sorry dude....this should never have happened. If you ran a criminal history on him, his arrest would not show up. He knows that this whole case is a circus and his entire life is going to get dissected. The defense or the media will probably send people to his home town and talk to his kindergarten teacher. I can see it now.

*****Breaking News***** Sources say that Roy Kronk pulled a girls pony tail one afternoon in Mrs. Baumgarten's Kindergarten class at Beach Elementary School on November 11, 1968. So it seems Mr. Kronk has quite the history of abusing women. We tried contacting Mr. Kronk for a statement but he refused our requests. Back to you guys in the studio...

(Disclaimer- the above is total fiction made up in my head to prove a point. It should not be taken as the truth but as a silly little made up story to prove my point. Thank you for your continued cooperation)
Here in Cali having your record expunged does not mean there has been a mistake. Are you sure that is what it means in FL?

Either which way, it is almost irrelevant because the MR is who brought this info to light.

As I understand it, the woman Kronk was accused of "kidnapping" has no problem speaking out on his behalf and explaining the situation- and clearly stating that he did nothing wrong and is a good person.

This was not in the media, but it is the truth.
mind if I ask how you know?

Up until late 2004 the MR was a Bail bondsman and a Bounty Hunter for 11 years in Kingsport Tennessee.

Someone else on WS mentioned that Todd B.(the A's former law firm media rep) was also from Tennessee (Nashville)... hmmm...

So MR was a Bounty Hunter and Bail Bondsman? Then searching and investigating are in his blood. (Like GA has cop in him, but had to control it because his wife and family didn't want him to act like a cop anymore).

Apparently, the girlfriend brought kidnapping charges against him. In this case, the kidnapping could be as simple as he found his gf in another man's house, grabbed her by the arm and took her outside. Kidnapping can be as simple as taking a person, against their will, from one place to another. As in from the house to the front yard.
He was arrested based on her allegations, then the charges were dismissed. Maybe she decided not to testify againt him, maybe he was overcharged when the actual facts were revealed we do not know. In any event he had the arrest expunged.

The fact that he told LE about it tells me that he was being very open, honest and cooperative with LE. He didn't want them to come back later with the information and ask him "why didn't you tell us this before?" as it makes him look like he had something to hide for a reason.

Poor MR. I guess it is true, no good deed goes unpunished. LE is not interested in this event from his past, but the Th's will dissect him to fill up their show time.

No wonder he wanted to remain anonymous.

Anyway you slice it this man's discovery of the body and the 3 calls he made cast suspicion on him. I am not saying there is anything going on but it's a bit odd.

Geraldo was on Fox news about an hour ago talking about this and according to him..cough, cough...it is a big coo for the defense. He says that his news crew is investigating this further. I believe he said he will be discussing it on his show this evening.

I wasn't surprised to hear him bring it up on national news. He seems to be helping his buddy Baez again, JMO.

Perhaps this is why he called LE rather then touching the bag. If his fingerprints had been anywhere they could really make a lot of this. IMO

I can't help but wonder if he did know Casey in some way previous.

In this case who knows what is really going on. There is an overabundance of shady characters. JMO

Thank god I decided to scrub my toilet instead of watching Geraldo!

As for this tidbit about Kronk...oh dear god will this never end?:bang:

Can JB bring this up in court if the charges were dropped?

Well, I don't really know FL law of the top of my head regarding witnesses, but I watched the Florida trial of the "Kennedy" accused of raping a woman years ago and the judge wouldn't let in other women's allegations, which she/he labeled similar but not exactly the same, against him. Of course he was the defendent and sometimes defendents have more "rights" than the rest of us. Any FL lawyers out there?

So MR was a Bounty Hunter and Bail Bondsman? Then searching and investigating are in his blood. (Like GA has cop in him, but had to control it because his wife and family didn't want him to act like a cop anymore).

Apparently, the girlfriend brought kidnapping charges against him. In this case, the kidnapping could be as simple as he found his gf in another man's house, grabbed her by the arm and took her outside. Kidnapping can be as simple as taking a person, against their will, from one place to another. As in from the house to the front yard.
He was arrested based on her allegations, then the charges were dismissed. Maybe she decided not to testify againt him, maybe he was overcharged when the actual facts were revealed we do not know. In any event he had the arrest expunged.

The fact that he told LE about it tells me that he was being very open, honest and cooperative with LE. He didn't want them to come back later with the information and ask him "why didn't you tell us this before?" as it makes him look like he had something to hide for a reason.

Poor MR. I guess it is true, no good deed goes unpunished. LE is not interested in this event from his past, but the Th's will dissect him to fill up their show time.

No wonder he wanted to remain anonymous.
I thought he went public completely on his own from the beginning?

unless Kronk has been known to drive Casey's car, especially between 6/15 and 6/18, the point is....you all know what I am saying.

The mod shut it down because of 'rumor status'. There was no link showing the source of the information. It was asked already by a member to have it merged with this and the request was denied. [Sorry don't remember the # of the post it was asked/denied.]

I did some more digging late last night after the thread was closed and was able to find a few things to confirm was had been posted, death of [not wife] significant other, a few other locations of former address, his newbie status with OC but did not come up with anything to confirm the bounty hunter and bail bondsmen part. I was not able to access anything on-line which just means that it was too long ago for anything to show up in that search format not that it not true.
I am not familiar with Mr. Pipitone but he does belong to a news outlet so I will have to take the information as factual as any other news source.

There is no license on file for the BB in Tennessee part, which he would be required to have, fyi.

You did not link your thread to any news source and no one could find anything to support your thread at that time.

I live in Orlando and was watching the news while surfing so I thought I would post. Did not realize it needed a link as it was the opening story that local6 had the "scoop" on.
Tony Pipitone is the reporter that digs up truth and facts about stories that are somewhat sketchy is the way I would describe him. He has been a reporter here for several years.
Jessica D'nofrio is the reporter that is often seen on Nancy Grace. She has been working on the story as well-just different angles.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18448218/detail.html

Here is a link in case it hasn't been posted yet.

Even though he was once charged with kidnapping, what does he have to do with ZG? How would they be able to tie him to ZG? Casey said herself ZG took her daughter.

I live in Orlando and was watching the news while surfing so I thought I would post. Did not realize it needed a link as it was the opening story that local6 had the "scoop" on.
Tony Pipitone is the reporter that digs up truth and facts about stories that are somewhat sketchy is the way I would describe him. He has been a reporter here for several years.
Jessica D'nofrio is the reporter that is often seen on Nancy Grace. She has been working on the story as well-just different angles.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18448218/detail.html

Here is a link in case it hasn't been posted yet.
Normally a report on the news comes up with a link in a reasonable amount of time and we give that benefit. but in this case, you signed off and we left the thread up for quite over 2 hours and 6 pages with everyone trying to find a link for you. But not one person could find anything to substantiate the claim, so it would have been irresponsible of us to leave it up. I am sorry we had to move the thread but that's how we keep our reputation clean and we are careful not to perpetuate possible rumors.
Thank you so much for adding to the forum everyone appreciates your input.

First of all, the fact that he was a bounty hunter is interesting. I would imagine that having been one, the Caylee Anthony case caught his attention - she was in his area, a bounty hunter was involved. I can see why he would be keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

The kidnapping thing is unfortunate. Obviously it was expunged and has nothing to do with anything, but I think *if* JB is allowed to bring it up it could cause some kind of doubt for some people, especially combined with the wierdness of the August-December phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste