*UPDATE* SHOOTER IS DEAD at Bronx Hospital

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, I wonder why he went after people on different floors? I can't help but wonder if it's people he believed were responsible for him being fired, and most likely the female laying next to him was the female he was fired for harassing.

Do we know all others were staff as opposed to pts??

Maybe they were professionals that were interviewed and confirmed whatever the allegations.

Medical is like LE docs cover for each other losing hospital privileges is pretty intense for a doc that is why I think his license board had to be involved.

Admin do not take privileges away willy nilly

I've read so many different ages on Henry Bello on various news sites.

I am sorry I can't stand it when Mayor governors etc arrive

I can tell you there babble

First and foremost condolences

then how awesome responders were

they turn it over to people that know something about what happened!

Local Ch 11 Live:

Was currently living in Manhattan (prior in the Bronx)

Arrested in 2004 for sex abuse

2 other arrests "for things like stalking women"

Do not know if ^^ related to shooting/s today

Maybe a staff member pulled a fire alarm that is how the initial report was fire?

On that other one when someone did that and went on to be a hero -- it struck me in that scene (I think a school ) it hit me totally opposite putting people in more danger making people come out of barricaded rooms and a shooter is in the hallway now all his victims are out and easily shot moo

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...l-bronx-gunman-shooter-suspect-dr-photos/amp/

In this article it states he did go to different floors and as many as 3 doctors were shot.

He was a family physician who targeted multiple floors.

c3f89a57aabaaf34c6401ca49bbe6930.png

I am sorry I can't stand it when Mayor governors etc arrive

I can tell you there babble

First and foremost condolences

then how awesome responders were

they turn it over to people that know something about what happened!

Oh I agree. It's the same scripted response every single time! Which is kinda sad that we have become so use to these press releases.

I did hear that he had his Lab coat and ID. In a big Hospital easy to get in IMO. Why was he not stripped of his ID? Yet nobody checks that close so maybe it was one he had prior? Both my Adult Children work at our local Hospital. One is a Surgical Nurse and one a Rehab Therapist. I hate what I cryptically hear due to confidentiality and witness when I am there upon occasion. Incredibly hard here in Canada to strip a Doc of credentials. Even if denied privileges with charges or an allegation they still see patients in a limited setting.

NY 1 Live:

just reported Dr. Henry Bello as 35 yo

self-inflicted now confirm local in baqckgrnd

A disgruntled medical worker dressed in black opened fire and shot at least four people in a Bronx hospital Friday afternoon, police said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ng-1-bronx-lebanon-hospital-article-1.3291797

Police sources identified the shooter as Dr. Henry Bello, 35. He used an M-16 type rifle. He was listed as a family physician. He is believed to have killed himself after the shooting.

NBC reported that he was wearing a white lab coat.

I did hear that he had his Lab coat and ID. In a big Hospital easy to get in IMO. Why was he not stripped of his ID? Yet nobody checks that close so maybe it was one he had prior? Both my Adult Children work at our local Hospital. One is a Surgical Nurse and one a Rehab Therapist. I hate what I cryptically hear due to confidentiality and witness when I am there upon occasion. Incredibly hard here in Canada to strip a Doc of credentials. Even if denied privileges with charges or an allegation they still see patients in a limited setting.

Maybe they dont keep up with it but him still being listed as a provider makes me wonder if he was being investigated??

Who Is Henry Bello? What We Know About Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Shooter

• The shooter has been identified as Dr. Henry Michael Bello, a 45-year-old family medicine doctor formerly employed at the hospital, according to sources.
  • Bello was found dead on the 17th floor after a two-story shooting rampage that left one victim, believed to be a female doctor, according to a senior law enforcement official, dead and five others wounded.
  • Sources tell NBC 4 New York a preliminary investigation reveals Bello resigned from the hospital in 2015 in lieu of termination.
  • A New York State licensing website does not reveal any disciplinary history.
  • Police are investigating the shooting as a case of workplace violence and NYPD Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said it does not appear to be terror-related.

I worked in healthcare for almost 10 years: at a large hospital system in the Boston area and also a smaller one.

Every year, at the large hospital system, all 60K employees had to go through Active Shooter (aka Code Silver) Training.

Today's events in the Bronx are why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob
Back