Updates ~ Court clerk information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jack L. White, Supreme Court Clerk

http://www.onbeingablacklawyer.com/?p=1301

(pretty sure that's him)
Thank you for the new information, Dr. Know!!

I'm not sure this is the guy. There is/was an attorney named Jack F. White, Jr. out of Clearwater who is an attorney of record in at least a few appeals cases from the 70's. A google search also came up with a Jack F. White, III as an attorney in a more recent Florida appeals case.

ETA: Here he is.
http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/0/AF29DADAA74603C385256A84003A5026?OpenDocument

This doesn't appear to be an appeal of the St Johns decision. Misty was sentenced in St Johns on Oct 8th. The petition was filed on the 7th.

I just deleted my post after reading Bessie's post. Well what could it be then?

Me too Bessie, after reading all the links I found. No records in St Johns filed as of today.

Me too Bessie, after reading all the links I found. No records in St Johns filed as of today.
Yep, and in any case, the petition was withdrawn.

Seems like we talked about this already. Or am I imagining things? :waitasec:

I'm clueless as to what this means....Could this mean the ACLU is involved and could this mean trouble in reference as to how Haleigh's case has been handled?

I doubt this has anything to do with how Haleigh's case was handled, Em. Inmates routinely file grievances for various forms of mistreatment while incarcerated. You can find examples by googling Walter A McNeil, Florida Department of Corrections.

Oops, filed in St. Johns County too.

http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/Benchmarkweb/CourtCase.aspx/Details/192668

10/26/2010 SUPREME COURT ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE (SC10-1989)
10/11/2010 RECORDED JUDGMENT/ORDER
10/11/2010 RECORDED JUDGMENT/ORDER
10/11/2010 COURT ORDER REPORT OF DISPOSITION
10/8/2010 FELONY DOC PACKET
10/8/2010 ORDER OF PROBATION (JUDGE BERGER)
10/8/2010 CASE CLOSED
10/8/2010 CF COST OF PROSEC STATE ASSESSED $100.00 DUE ON 10/8/2035
10/8/2010 COMPLIANCE CREATED : PAY FNE REQUIRED BY: 10/08/2035
10/8/2010 CF FINE/COSTS ASSESSED $525418.00 DUE ON 10/8/2035
10/8/2010 COMPLIANCE CREATED : PAY FNE REQUIRED BY: 10/08/2035
10/8/2010 CHARGE CNT 1 SENTENCING NOTES: $500,000.00 FINE $800 REST TO FDLE JOINT AND SEVERAL W/CO-DEFENDANT
10/8/2010 CASE# 10000141CFMA - SENTENCED: IMPOSED: 10/8/2010 EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/8/2010
10/8/2010 CASE# 10000141CFMA - SENTENCED: IMPOSED: 10/8/2010 EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/8/2010 - MAX CONF - PRISON FOR 25 YEARS - CHRG 001 MIN CONF - PRISON FOR 25 YEARS - CHRG 001 CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED - 206 DAYS - CHRG 001 DL SUSPENDED - FOR 2 YEARS - CHRG 001 PROBATION - DRUG OFFENDER () - FOR 5 YEARS - CHRG 001 SENTENCE PROVISION - OTHR CRT RESTRICTION - CHRG 001 SENTENCE PROVISION - SENTENCING GUIDLINES - CHRG 001 - $500,000.00 FINE $800 REST TO FDLE JOINT AND SEVERAL W/CO-DEFENDANT
10/8/2010 DEFENDANT ENTERED PLEA OF NOLO-CONTENDERE SEQ 1
10/8/2010 ADJUDICATED GUILTY SEQ: 1
10/8/2010 SENTENCING GUIDELINES SCORESHEET
10/8/2010 FELONY PLEA SENTENCE

Appeals and the Writ of Habeas Corpus FAQ

What is a writ of habeas corpus?
Defendants who want to challenge the legality of their imprisonment -- or the conditions in which they are being imprisoned -- may seek help from a court by filing an application for what is known as a "writ of habeas corpus."
A writ of habeas corpus (literally to "produce the body") is a court order to a person (prison warden) or agency (institution) holding someone in custody to deliver the imprisoned individual to the court issuing the order. Many state constitutions provide for writs of habeas corpus, as does the U.S. Constitution, which specifically forbids the government from suspending writ proceedings except in extraordinary times -- such as war

more at link:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/faqEditorial-29096-5.html

sorry for the repeat but this explains it to me better. So would the SJ one be for a new trial and possibly a new trial in Putnam? Just guessing.

This must be Fields last effort for Misty, but feel it will be overturned as the case the state has against her is pretty cut and dry.

So until it's overturned, Misty isn't going to talk. dang. Hope it's fast though.

Writ of Habeas Corpus - IDK: Misty's bond amount was quite extensive and set in an amount that was almost impossible to be met. She was unfairly held in jail awaiting court _Innocent until proven guilty_ is that not the law of the land? How could she be considered a flight risk to even justify the high bond; or what was the justification? She was placed in a facility that was not easily assessable to family members and legal counsel-was the purpose of this to isolate her and prevent her from obtaining knowledge and support through outside sources? This is JMO and I am not an atty; however I believe she has just cause in this avenue in her defense.

o/t:
zahra's prosthetic leg has been found in some brush!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Docketed Description Filed By Notes
10/07/2010 PETITION-HABEAS CORPUS Jack White BY: Jack White
10/12/2010 PETITION-AMENDMENT/SUPPLEMENT Jack White BY: Jack White FILED AS "LETTER DATED 10/06/2010" WITH PETITION-HABEAS CORPUS ATTACHED
10/15/2010 NOTICE-DISMISS (VOLUNTARY) Jack White BY: Jack White (10/15/2010: WITHDRAWN)
10/15/2010 NOTICE-WITHDRAWAL Jack White BY: Jack White OF "NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL" - FILED AS "LETTER DATED 10/14/2010"
10/18/2010 LETTER Jack White BY: Jack White DATED 10/15/2010 ADDRESSED TO JUSTICE R. FRED LEWIS WITH PETITION-HABEAS CORPUS ATTACHED
10/18/2010 PETITION-AMENDMENT/SUPPLEMENT Jack White BY: Jack White FILED AS "ADDENDUM AND CORRECTIONS TO PETITION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS"
10/20/2010 No Fee Required

Where did this information come from and what does it pertain to? Link please, Dr. Know. TIA

Writ of Habeas Corpus - IDK: Misty's bond amount was quite extensive and set in an amount that was almost impossible to be met. She was unfairly held in jail awaiting court _Innocent until proven guilty_ is that not the law of the land? How could she be considered a flight risk to even justify the high bond; or what was the justification? She was placed in a facility that was not easily assessable to family members and legal counsel-was the purpose of this to isolate her and prevent her from obtaining knowledge and support through outside sources? This is JMO and I am not an atty; however I believe she has just cause in this avenue in her defense.
I think in the broad sense, all of these people have grounds for appeals, with the best chance going to Hope. Her bad attitude, in an earlier phone conversation, shouldn't have come in to play, IMO...just immaturity. Misty should have a good case, & Tommy should have an even better 1, & I'm not too sure about Donna Brock, since she did probably bring drugs in from another state...now that, even in my legally ignorant mind, sounds like trafficking. But I think her clean background, lifestyle, & her age should be considered. I would think LE saying Tommy narrowly avoided a traffic charge, because they didn't find his stash, should count in his favor...because, how prejudicial was that? & Ron, IMO, is done. He made a deal, so I wouldn't think he'd have any options. Is there a time limit on these appeals? because I would think waiting for awhile, would be the smart thing to do.

Offender Picture

DC Number: V36472
Name: CROSLIN, MISTY J
Race: WHITE
Sex: FEMALE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5'02''
Weight: 140 lbs.
Birth Date: 12/09/1991
Initial Receipt Date: 10/20/2010
Current Facility: LOWELL ANNEX
Current Custody: CLOSE
Current Release Date: 03/10/2035

-------------------
Misty's location is no longer "Pending." Also, her supervision level is "Close." All the other players are at "Medium" level supervision.

Misty's supervision is one level higher than all the others. I find that interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back