US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did his shoes go? That doesn't make any sense!
I have been wondering about that myself. The only thing I can think is that they were large for his feet and when he went down his feet slipped out of them. But why was he so concerned about them? That is what makes no sense to me. Fear of someone getting ahold of them and seeing something? Does he wear lifts in his shoes to appear taller than his actual height? Regardless, he seemed more concerned about retrieving his shoes than reaching the safety of the vehicle.

I don't think a ladder was necessarily involved here at all. These are very low buildings and TC may have even used the tree. In the report I linked earlier by local CBS/KDZA, they reported that the local officer was hoisted up to reach the roof by another officer but when the officer had both his hands on the roof and about to lift himself atop, TC turned and aimed his weapon at the local officer who dropped himself to the ground. MOO
Hard to say what the truth is yet. But this quote from two anonymous officials say the officer climbed down the ladder after TC pointed the gun at him.

The officer retreated down the ladder, and Crooks quickly took a shot toward Trump, and that’s when Secret Service snipers shot him, according to two officials who spoke to AP on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

Was there a ladder used or not? I think it's likely. JMO.

It appeared to me that the bleeding from his ear came from being tackled by officers seeking to protect him. If there was a shooter close enough to hit him, we would be receiving reports that the shooter was gang tackled by people in the crowd. I am reserving judgment, but my guess is that some kid set off a string of firecrackers and the Secret Service responded as we would expect. I would hate to see more political violence in our country, so I'm hoping it's something else.

The shooter was on a roof about 150 yards (give or take); and was neutralized.
It was not a kid setting off firecrackers.
I think the wound and bleeding were from a bullet wound to his ear ?
He grabbed at his ear seconds after the first shots ?
Omo.

Eta : I didn't notice that your post was uploaded earlier ; before more facts were known.
My bad.

Last edited:
I have been wondering about that myself. The only thing I can think is that they were large for his feet and when he went down his feet slipped out of them. But why was he so concerned about them? That is what makes no sense to me. Fear of someone getting ahold of them and seeing something? Does he wear lifts in his shoes to appear taller than his actual height? Regardless, he seemed more concerned about retrieving is shoes than reaching the safety of the vehicle.
I think he wanted his shoes because it looks more dignified for a grown man to walk with shoes on his feet, not in stocking feet - like he reacted out of habit of wanting shoes to be fully dressed in public.

And, I expect he was in shock, and sometimes people do goofy things when in shock. The world was watching to make sure he was okay and nobody cared about his shoes - but in the moment of shock, it mattered to him.

I don't think there is anything mysterious happening with the shoes other than they got knocked off when SS pushed him down and he wanted them back on.

jmo

The shooter was on a roof about 150 yards (give or take); and was neutralized.
It was not a kid setting off firecrackers.
I think the wound and bleeding were from a bullet wound to his ear ?
He grabbed at his ear seconds after the first shots ?
Omo.
You are quoting a post from last night, posted soon after the event when info was unknown. We all have learned much more since then.

jmo

If you watch the video linked above you can see President Trump put his hand to his right ear after the shots were fired and before the SS agents got on top of him. JMO.

Yes !
Thanks for clarifying the event as it unfolded.
Also, it looked like the shots came from the air above and to the right of him ?
As in, fired from a rooftop ?
Omo.

You are quoting a post from last night, posted soon after the event when info was unknown. We all have learned much more since then.

jmo
Thanks.
Went back and added a disclaimer to my comment.
I've been watching footage and reading ... but have not caught up yet with all of the posts here.
They're moving so quickly.

Last edited:
This article answers the question as to any post-secondary education:

"He graduated from the Community College of Allegheny County two months ago, earning an associate degree in engineering science, school officials said in a statement to the New York Times, saying they were “shocked and saddened by the horrific turn of events.”
How sad.
A waste of a young life.
He could have taken so many other paths.
Omo.

Beyond the absolute horror of what is happening in the bleachers. Is that the building he fired from in the background?

View attachment 517957

There are two buildings in the background. The one he shot from is the one in front of the other. See how the roof rises slightly (reducing the roof's slope) partway down its length?... The shooter was lying alongside that rise on the other side of the peak of the roof. That is likely why he was difficult to see by the agents on the barn behind the bleachers.

I can only imagine why Trump was so concerned about his shoes. IMO, I would expect him to be in a state of shock and disbelief at the shooting and that’s why he seemed fixated on a seemingly trivial detail. He was trying to regain a sense of control over the situation. Completely normal response, IMO.
None of us knows how we would respond after being shot at in an attempted assassination.

Beyond the absolute horror of what is happening in the bleachers. Is that the building he fired from in the background?

View attachment 517957

Not certain here, but from the diagrams showing where the shooter was taken out, it looks likely ?
I cannot believe the SS did not secure that building !!!!

If there were witness who warned the police that there was a suspicious figure on top of the roof- that merits a closer look, imo.
Omo.

I can only imagine why Trump was so concerned about his shoes. IMO, I would expect him to be in a state of shock and disbelief at the shooting and that’s why he seemed fixated on a seemingly trivial detail. He was trying to regain a sense of control over the situation. Completely normal response, IMO.
None of us knows how we would respond after being shot at in an attempted assassination.
I detest being barefoot, maybe he’s similar. I think it’s more likely that he wanted to be prepared in case he had to run. I would have, anyway.

There are two buildings in the background. The one he shot from is the one in front of the other. See how the roof rises slightly (reducing the roof's slope) partway down its length?... The shooter was lying alongside that rise on the other side of the peak of the roof. That is likely why he was difficult to see by the agents on the barn behind the bleachers.
Hmmn, I was thinking it's the taller building, not the short one in front of it. Regardless, the proximity appears even closer than I've seen in other videos!!

I think he wanted his shoes because it looks more dignified for a grown man to walk with shoes on his feet, not in stocking feet - like he reacted out of habit of wanting shoes to be fully dressed in public.

And, I expect he was in shock, and sometimes people do goofy things when in shock. The world was watching to make sure he was okay and nobody cared about his shoes - but in the moment of shock, it mattered to him.

I don't think there is anything mysterious happening with the shoes other than they got knocked off when SS pushed him down and he wanted them back on.

jmo
I think he wanted the shoes to protect his feet. Who knows what laid ahead in the path to the vehicle, rocks, gravel, broken glass.

Sometimes I forget and walk across the road to visit a neighbor without my shoes. Everytime I step on a tiny rock is excruciating.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member