US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is today's (March 16th) Fox News interview with Sarm's best friend in the UK with some more information.

Apparently she and the 'boyfriend' met during 2020 at some point after Sarm travelled out there with two other friends the previous year. They were together for 4-5 months or so - more info in the clip.

Friend of woman missing from yacht in Virgin Islands speaks out

All very peculiar. Why wouldn't they search the boat immediately? Is this a lackadaisical approach by local police or is there something suspect going on?

Was there a lot of drinking the night before? Difficult to get a picture of what was going on the previous evening. Was the boat moored in the same spot the whole time ie from when they returned from their meal until when he reported her missing the following afternoon?

56-year-old Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop was last seen on Sunday aboard the Siren Song, that was moored off the coast of St. John. Friends of Heslop’s said the vessel was in the area of Frank Bay.

Heslop was born in Hertford, England, and is a British citizen.

Woman reported missing from boat near St. John

Sarm is 41 years old, not 56, as some reports have previously suggested. I believe her friends and family are trying to get articles updated with the correct information.

"Before going missing, Sarm Heslop sailed to St. Thomas with her boyfriend Ryan Bane to have dinner at a restaurant in French Bay, authorities said.

It was the last time that the 41-year-old Heslop would be seen in public with the 44-year-old Bane on the night she disappeared — March 7.

The timeline Bane gave to authorities stated that the Michigan native and his British girlfriend had sailed back from St. Thomas to Frank Bay in St. John in order for the two of them to be safely in bed at 10 p.m. two Sundays ago.

Bane said that when he awakened at 2 a.m. on March 8 — is the first time he noticed that Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop of Southampton was no longer on the boat. He also said that she “might have fallen off.”

From Virgin Islands Free Press - can this be quoted as a MSM source?

"Before going missing, Sarm Heslop sailed to St. Thomas with her boyfriend Ryan Bane to have dinner at a restaurant in French Bay, authorities said.

It was the last time that the 41-year-old Heslop would be seen in public with the 44-year-old Bane on the night she disappeared — March 7.

The timeline Bane gave to authorities stated that the Michigan native and his British girlfriend had sailed back from St. Thomas to Frank Bay in St. John in order for the two of them to be safely in bed at 10 p.m. two Sundays ago.

Bane said that when he awakened at 2 a.m. on March 8 — is the first time he noticed that Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop of Southampton was no longer on the boat. He also said that she “might have fallen off.”

Supposedly the boyfriend has not granted access to the catamaran for the police to search it?!?!

Map of the islands, also from the same source.

Attachments

• TM-map-yacht-vanished-1-1.jpg
    TM-map-yacht-vanished-1-1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 43
I don't know what to make of this. One the one hand, it took the bf so crazy long to report her missing, on the other hand if there was something nefarious why would he state the 2 am thing?
Dinghy was attached...did he think she swam ashore? Did they have a fight, disagreement?

I guess I will be sitting on my hands.....

He wouldn’t give permission but they didn’t get a search warrant? She’s missing!

Yep. The source quoted above has some pretty strong words for the investigation to date:

CRUZ BAY — The yacht where a British woman was last seen before vanishing without a trace has still not been searched by police more than a week after she disappeared in St. John, according to a report in The (London) Telegraph.

“We understand that even now the boat has not been searched by the police,” they told the BBC. “We are asking for an urgent and thorough investigation.”

Meanwhile, the Facebook page dedicated to Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop‘s disappearance said they were holding out hope that today would be the day that the Virgin Islands Police Department finally searches the Siren Song.
CLUELESS! Lax VIPD Fails To Search Yacht Missing Woman Was Last Seen On

EDIT: Including a link to trusted MSM here:

Missing British woman's yacht has still not been searched by US Virgin Islands police

I don't know what to make of this. One the one hand, it took the bf so crazy long to report her missing, on the other hand if there was something nefarious why would he state the 2 am thing?
Dinghy was attached...did he think she swam ashore? Did they have a fight, disagreement?

I guess I will be sitting on my hands.....
I don't know, because I've got no knowledge of anchor alarms, but, I'm wondering if there is a digital trail which shows someone must have turned off the alarm at that time? MOO

If I understand correctly their route that evening was that they sailed from St. Thomas to Frank Bay after dining in French Bay. If so then in theory anyway, Sarm could have "fallen overboard" at any point after dinner in French Bay. In much deeper water. MOO.

I strongly agree with Sarm's friend who said:

The bf has done a lot of sailing around these islands. Bet he knows every little hidden or remote cove around there.

If I understand correctly their route that evening was that they sailed from St. Thomas to Frank Bay after dining in French Bay. If so then in theory anyway, Sarm could have "fallen overboard" at any point after dinner in French Bay. In much deeper water. MOO.

I strongly agree with Sarm's friend who said:

"According to published reports, Bane has not granted access to the VIPD to search his 47-foot catamaran Siren Song ever since Heslop disappeared."

Now why on earth would you do that???
And more... Mr. Bane has a lawyer according to msm:

Bane could not be reached for comment on Heslop's disappearance. His legal counsel, David Cattie, released a statement on his behalf.

"Mr. Bane will not be sitting for any interviews," the statement said. "Mr. Bane's only hope is that Sarm is found alive and well. His thoughts and prayers are with Sarm and her family during this difficult time.

"Mr. Bane has spent countless hours searching for Sarm and will continue to do so. Ryan is devastated that Sarm is missing."
Friend of British woman missing in Virgin Islands calls for search of American boyfriend's yacht

Curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member