Deceased/Not Found UT - Danny Gallegos, 35, Braden Emerson, 23, Levi Collins, 34, Salt Lake, 1 Nov 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was going to try and make up a map of where the vehicle was found. Unfortunately, the way the streets are laid out and labeled in Salt Lake City makes you wonder if a totally insane person is responsible for naming the roads around there.

1800 W. 1500 S., (near 1500 S. Redwood) is the location noted in the news articles. Depending how I enter that address, I get directed to 3 or 4 different places, all of them in different areas of town

Bottom line though, it appears as if the vehicle was definitely found in a very populated area, not out in the wilderness somewhere. I thought that since they were hauling around an ATV, that they were found somewhere outside of the city limits, but that appears to not be the case.

Of course, it is very possible that the Tahoe SUV was driven back into town, wiped down for prints, and abandoned. Only God knows where the crime scene may be............or the three men.

Anyway, this is a link to the public Facebook site that has been set up for them.

https://www.facebook.com/missingcases1/timeline?ref=page_internal

Here is a google map based on the address. Which is actually 1500 South Redwood Road. Redwood Road is actually 1800 West. Google maps does not like our address system. I love our address system, because I know exactly where I am going to. I can't tell by a mere street name if it's north south east west, two miles or 10 miles away. Fwiw, our suburbs have mostly adopted the street name system, and I get lost out there.

Anyways, various news reports indicate that the SUV was found on the river side of the road. Between a building and the railroad tracks. HTH.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...1s0x8752f4bb3c171af5:0x7420f8b02f2af529?hl=en

It is all over FB by his friends that Braden has been found deceased.

can't find anything in MSM, not even a developing story.

I was going to try and make up a map of where the vehicle was found. Unfortunately, the way the streets are laid out and labeled in Salt Lake City makes you wonder if a totally insane person is responsible for naming the roads around there.

Actually, once you understand it, the roads are simple. Everything is on a grid in distance from Temple Square. So, 1500 S. is the Street name, and is about 15 blocks south of Temple Square(give or take a bit). 1800 W. is the same, thing. 18 blocks west of Temple Square. ( This is a general explanation, I haven't lived there in over 10 years).

On that side of town it's not too far to places in the desert that aren't very populated; as well as close to I-80. The area the vehicle was found in is industrial type, the ATV could have lots of indoor places to hide. I am curious too, about which direction for the bullet holes, or if they were new or existing.

Great..........make up a map and post it.

The video report at the link says they are waiting for results from other samples found in the vehicle, so I'm thinking the comment could be true. :cow:

http://fox13now.com/2014/11/13/dna-...-abandoned-suv-belongs-to-1-of-3-missing-men/

Per site: "Police have confirmed that blood found in an abandoned SUV November 3 does belong to one of three men who went missing almost two weeks ago."

There is also a really interesting comment in the comments section. I would definitely check it out.

the comment by SK?

So all the chatter yesterday about Braden being deceased was based on a significant amount of his blood being in the vehicle?

Utah court records show that all three have criminal records.

Emerson is on probation after pleading guilty in June to third-degree felony possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested in 2013 with 61 grams of methamphetamine, according to charging documents.

Collins pleaded guilty in January 2013 to third-degree felony possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested in December 2012 with "two large plastic twists" methamphetamine, according to charging documents.

Gallegos pleaded guilty in 2007 to attempted burglary and failure to stop for police, both third-degree felonies, and was sent to prison.

Gallegos is currently being prosecuted for second-degree felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute. He was arrested in April 2013 with three pounds of marijuana, according to charging documents.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1783508-155/police-degree-2013-according-arrested-brown

In an attempt to try and put this puzzle together, the above article describes the former and current charges levied against these guys.

I'm not sure we can get a very good overall picture of what happened here until they figure out how many different people contributed to the blood in that SUV.

I'm not finding anything on the Facebook site that hints at which family was notified by police. Although a person or two said something about Braden Emerson being found deceased, I'm not finding that anywhere in the media. I haven't found anything about them finding a body either, just a blood match to one of the three guys.

To say the available details are "sketchy", would be an understatement.

Im guessing since the blood matched the DNA of Braden (which is rumor from sm) that they are believing he is deceased. I think that the police are telling the family to keep quiet about it since it is a investigation. The only thing i have seen about Braden being deceased is from friends and there is alot of it going around on there...Sad,Levi has kids and one on the way..Hope the families gets some answers soon.

I guess the cops are workin' on it..............the media doesn't seem to be.

do you guys feel like the lack of media attention is more likely due to LE request or the criminal background of the missing..?

do you guys feel like the lack of media attention is more likely due to LE request or the criminal background of the missing..?

It's due to their backgrounds...........there isn't a whole lot of sympathy in the public for convicted felons getting shot up by like-minded cohorts.

If you lie down with the dogs.......your're gonna get fleas.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ned-vehicle-linked-to-1-of-3-missing-men.html

Here's a newer article that says the ATV and trailer have been located. Seems it was dropped off at a shop for repairs (Odd. You would think the owner of the shop would have notified LE after seeing the media coverage). It also states that the dog found was belonged to Mr. Collins.

This case just baffles me. These are all pretty big guys and just so strange. Personally, this is just based on something I previously read (Am I allowed to say where the fiance is now and why she is rumored to be there?), I think there was only one person targeted and the others happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I think Mr. Gallegos was the intended target. I also think LE is keeping quiet to protect others (sort of an informant type situation from his past.).

Just sad. Regardless of their past...they deserve to have more coverage. I've known a couple people that had sorted pasts and straightened out their lives to be wonderful contributing members of the community. Mr. Emerson was just a young kid and had his whole life in front of him.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ned-vehicle-linked-to-1-of-3-missing-men.html

Here's a newer article that says the ATV and trailer have been located. Seems it was dropped off at a shop for repairs (Odd. You would think the owner of the shop would have notified LE after seeing the media coverage). It also states that the dog found was belonged to Mr. Collins.

This case just baffles me. These are all pretty big guys and just so strange. Personally, this is just based on something I previously read (Am I allowed to say where the fiance is now and why she is rumored to be there?), I think there was only one person targeted and the others happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I think Mr. Gallegos was the intended target. I also think LE is keeping quiet to protect others (sort of an informant type situation from his past.).

Just sad. Regardless of their past...they deserve to have more coverage. I've known a couple people that had sorted pasts and straightened out their lives to be wonderful contributing members of the community. Mr. Emerson was just a young kid and had his whole life in front of him.

thanks Chickaroo. I completely agree. All missing persons deserve to be found and deserve justice. That makes sense as to why LE is being so quiet.

Wanted to add: while that article provides some updates...it also confuses me a bit more, lol! *scratches head*

Who did the ATV and trailer belong to ? Anybody know ?

Two weeks out and they can only link the blood to one guy ?

If the trailer and ATV being dropped off isn't suspicious, then these guys were just out cruising around town when they got ambushed. So where's the bodies ?

Can they be any more vague with the details ??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back