Deceased/Not Found UT - Danny Gallegos, 35, Braden Emerson, 23, Levi Collins, 34, Salt Lake, 1 Nov 2014 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a body recovered.
I think that some are assuming it's Kayelyn Louder, but this article also mentions the 3 missing men.

Louder, 30, has been missing since Sept. 27. She was last seen on a surveillance video walking out of her condominium. Prior to her disappearance, police say Louder made three odd 911 calls, leading officers to believe she may be confused and possibly delusional.

In an unrelated incident, three Salt Lake City men have been missing since Nov. 1. Levi Collins, 34, Danny Kiko Gallegos, 35, and Braden Parker Emerson, 23 disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

An SUV with a large amount of blood that the men were believed to be in was found Nov. 3 near the Jordan River surplus canal at 1740 W. 1500 South.

On Monday evening West Valley police tweeted there would be "no further updates" on the case until the autopsy was complete.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=32573802

From the KSL article: Investigators were unable to determine gender, age or the cause of death due to decomposition of the body.

I think it has been cool enough that the time would not have decomp that high for the men; however, I haven't studied decomp in water. Would it speed it up or slow it down? I would think cold water would slow it down.

I too am leaning towards Kayelyn - or maybe someone not on our radar?

The body they found in the Jordan River was Kayelyn Louder.

The search for these three guys continues...............................

At this point I'm thinking execution-style shallow graves in the desert. To overwhelm 3 powerfully-built men (and I'm sorry to say this) who knew the risks their lifestyles may have exposed them to, I can't see one person managing the disappearance alone.

My best guess is Braden was shot and bled out inside the SUV as a way of getting Kiko and Levi to surrender. Braden's body was taken with them to wherever the eventual body site is found to be. I don't want to speculate in writing what happened to Kiko and Levi, but I really believe we will find all 3 together, if we ever find them at all.

At this point I'm thinking execution-style shallow graves in the desert. To overwhelm 3 powerfully-built men (and I'm sorry to say this) who knew the risks their lifestyles may have exposed them to, I can't see one person managing the disappearance alone.

My best guess is Braden was shot and bled out inside the SUV as a way of getting Kiko and Levi to surrender. Braden's body was taken with them to wherever the eventual body site is found to be. I don't want to speculate in writing what happened to Kiko and Levi, but I really believe we will find all 3 together, if we ever find them at all.

agree with everything you said. The killer(s) then drive the SUV back to town and dump it? Their clothes would be bloody from the seat no? I can't recall if we know where most of the blood was found in the vehicle (which seats)

agree with everything you said. The killer(s) then drive the SUV back to town and dump it? Their clothes would be bloody from the seat no? I can't recall if we know where most of the blood was found in the vehicle (which seats)

I think they took them from the SUV because from the sounds of it; they would leave too much evidence with the amount of blood that was in the drivers seat. IIRC was a huge pool of blood on the floor

I think they took them from the SUV because from the sounds of it; they would leave too much evidence with the amount of blood that was in the drivers seat. IIRC was a huge pool of blood on the floor

just to clarify..you think the killer(s) pulled the bodies from the SUV when it was already parked back in town?

I was suggesting that after killing them and possibly burying their bodies in the desert (theory), someone drove the SUV back into town and left it in the area it was found. I was thinking there would be blood on the clothes of whomever drove the SUV back

just to clarify..you think the killer(s) pulled the bodies from the SUV when it was already parked back in town?

I was suggesting that after killing them and possibly burying their bodies in the desert (theory), someone drove the SUV back into town and left it in the area it was found. I was thinking there would be blood on the clothes of whomever drove the SUV back

yes; I think they were killed where the SUV was found. See this article; I'm short on time; have to run to an appointment. I think that had someone driven the SUV there would have been too much evidence in the blood stains; such as foot prints

Search warrants reveal new details in case of 3 missing men
According to newly released search warrants served by Salt Lake homicide detectives, however, the blood was found in the area where the driver would sit.

"The amount of blood on the floor of the driver's area is huge, and the blood loss is probably not survivable," according to the warrant.

Detectives also found "what appears to be a bullet hole in the left rear window near the back of the door frame," the warrant states.
.. The driver's side seat belt appeared to have been cut in half, according to a second search warrant.

Last week, Salt Lake police confirmed that some of the blood found in the SUV came from one of three missing men.

Family members say the three are all close friends and were reportedly going to ride ATVs near the Bountiful "B" on the day they were last seen.

... According to the return on the search warrant for the Tahoe, investigators took 33 cotton swabs looking for DNA samples. Investigators also took a bowling pin found on the roof of the vehicle, a duffel bag, "papers," a small amount of methamphetamine, and things listed simply as "items," according to the warrant.

In a second search warrant served by another Salt Lake homicide detective, Gallegos' aunt told police on Nov. 2 — the day before the abandoned SUV was discovered — that she did not believe the men ever made it to Bountiful. She also said "she believed something nefarious has occurred to Gallegos due to 'the word on the street' is a man 'PeeWee' has done something bad to Gallegos," according to the warrant.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...d-police-say.html?ref=https://www.google.com/

3 men likely murdered. 2 POI's named in article

SALT LAKE CITY — For nearly four months, they have been labeled as three missing men.
But Salt Lake police strongly believe they are investigating a case of triple murder, the Deseret News has learned.

Sources close to the investigation tell the Deseret News that police are calling Christopher and his father, Richard Christopher, persons of interest in connection with the disappearance of the trio.

"Salt Lake police detective "has been able to prove through DNA that Levi Collins and Braden Emerson were killed in the Tahoe," the new search warrant affidavit states. The detective also wrote that "it is highly likely that Danny Gallegos was killed inside of (an) old motor home" that was recently seized as part of the investigation.

The Deseret News has also learned that police have conducted two searches in Butterfield Canyon with cadaver dogs looking for the three men. No bodies were found."

and SO MUCH MORE at link. Wow - this really is like a scene out of a Breaking Bad: Utah spinoff. Not trying to make light of the fact these three men were murdered. But, wow. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...d-police-say.html?ref=https://www.google.com/

Sounds like they were ambushed for sure, bullets through the windows and seat belts still in place.

But......who does the old motor home belong to ? Is it an old abandon one that was parked somewhere ?

Have to say; very impressive that LE appear to be doing everything to locate the remains of the 3 men

Sounds like they were ambushed for sure, bullets through the windows and seat belts still in place.

But......who does the old motor home belong to ? Is it an old abandon one that was parked somewhere ?

This case reads like a made for TV movie. The two suspects owned the motor home. One of the victims brought $200,000 to the younger suspect to "buy a house for him". The victims disappeared and the suspects sold the motor home then bought a new motor home with cash. LE was able to find the old motor home. Borrowed car with hundreds of miles on it. Borrowed truck - told owner to wash bed of truck with bleach.

Sounds to me like they have enough evidence for an arrest.

Perhaps LE in Utah needs to take lessons on how to prosecute a "no body" case.

They must have edited it after you posted
WEBER COUNTY — The body of a woman was discovered by a mountain biker on the East Ogden Bench Monday morning, investigators said.

Detectives from the Weber County Sheriff’s Office are currently investigating the incident. They reported the body was discovered on the side of the mountain above 1500 N. Mountain Road.

"A man on a mountain bike discovered the body above a hiking trail in thick oak brush after his dog alerted to a foul odor," a statement from the sheriff's office reads.

This case reads like a made for TV movie. The two suspects owned the motor home. One of the victims brought $200,000 to the younger suspect to "buy a house for him". The victims disappeared and the suspects sold the motor home then bought a new motor home with cash. LE was able to find the old motor home. Borrowed car with hundreds of miles on it. Borrowed truck - told owner to wash bed of truck with bleach.

Sounds to me like they have enough evidence for an arrest.

wow....this honestly really does sound like a movie plot. very impressed with LE as well. sad about the horrible death these three men appear to have met.

I think a big part of this plan was to make sure these three guys were never found. Otherwise, they could have just left them strapped in their seatbelts right there in the vehicle. So far it seems to be working.

It's difficult to prosecute cases where a body is never found, and in this case, bodies of convicted felons that may or may not be hiding somewhere. I know they found a lot of blood and said that the person who lost it could not have survived, but a good defense attorney would bring in experts that would testify to the contrary.

Human remains found in Utah. Could this be one of the men?

http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/st...ottonwood-canyon/35377/gjGoonUUwE-rO2TX12oI7g

"A couple of hikers were walking a long a trail and they found a shoe...they picked it up and took it home with them. When they got home they looked inside and saw bones," Hansen said.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35628575&ni...nes-found-in-boot-at-little-cottonwood-canyon

Hansen says search and rescue teams have found some additional bones as they combed the steep, rocky spot near Alta ski resort, but haven't found a skull or anything to identify the person yet.

The boot was a low-cut type typically worn by a man. It was found about 5 miles up the canyon..

But... Possibly not!

http://fox13now.com/2015/07/23/climbers-find-human-remains-in-little-cottonwood-canyon/

He said the bones have been there for at least a year.

Crews went to the scene and found additional human bones in the area.

Officials said it looks like a person might have fallen, ended up under rocks in the area and then snow covered the area over time.

Are there any missing hikers in the area?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Memez411
Back