Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Find.. fb page admin posted that the hat that JB was seen wearing that was purportedly Dylan's was sent to the FBI for analysis.

IMO, the hat is a trophy and JB knows Dylan won't need it anymore. There have been other cases where the perp started wearing items belonging to the victim. One case was sunglasses.

Yes, James Brenner has been named as a suspect in DR missing according to his court documents. Before his arrest on 6/20, he was otherwise known as "Jim"-- the other person along with Don that DR's grandmother contacted to check on DR when he did not call her back on Saturday. Both men live on or surrounding DR's farm property.

CV is also known as the shoeless man that DR encountered on the gravel road.

Thank you!

Hopefully DR's family is close to getting some answers.

JB gave his guns to DH for safe-keeping, yet still had a variety of ammunition/powder at his trailer...
These seem like sloppy trails he left behind. He could have hidden his firearms and ammo himself, but he chose to involve another person and only got rid of part of the evidence - well, people speak, and so does evidence. (I'm guessing owning ammo wasn't a violation, but where there's smoke...)
He was counting on DH covering for him abt the guns, and LE not following up on why he needed so much ammo for non existent guns? If he is responsible for DR's disappearance, I'm very curious to know what other information/trails he could have left behind while thinking he had his back covered.
All JMO+speculation

Maybe he didn't part with his guns for safe keeping but as partial payment. If he needed assets, Dylan might've looked good for that. And if Dylan drew a hard line in the sand, maybe JB just decided to move the sand.

JMO

The previous document was different. First one, 5 pages long, was filed 06/29 second filed 07/06. The second, 10 pages long, (that I showed a screen cap of) refers to JB as a suspect in DRs disappearance.
I was replying to OP's post #407.
No 7/6 JB filing or screenshot of 7/6 filing here.

Last edited:
In an unsealed indictment from the Utah District Court, Chase Venestra has now been added to the list of suspects being questioned in the missing person case.

The new person of interest, Venestra, is a man who authorities say asked Rounds for a ride just a few days before he disappeared. Authorities say Venestra was seen bloodied and barefoot while walking along a road near Lucin when he approached Rounds for a ride.

Rounds’ mother, Candice Cooley, recalls her son mentioning Venestra to her in a phone call saying, “He said ‘Mom, you wouldn’t believe this guy who jumped out of the desert. He was bloody, didn’t have any shoes on. He wanted a ride. I didn’t give him a ride.’”

Venestra is a convicted felon and has been held in the Davis County Jail since June 4. He was indicted on unrelated firearms charges and violations.

So CV was one of the people named as having DR as a hostage in the phone call from K (forgot his last initial) to the parents. Was the other person named as someone other than JB?
I wonder how many players are involved in this.
It really sounds like LE is making good headway - I hope the family gets their answers soon. I can't imagine how devastating this is... with the "hoax" phonecall, then them finding out its not true, now it's maybe got aspects that ARE true jmo. Then the PI situation. So horrible.
DR's parents must have felt trust and reassurance having these "family friends" around him while he pursued his big dreams. Although he was very capable and technically an adult now, he is still very young, doing big things in the middle of nowhere. (To be clear I AM not saying the parents are culpable in any way, I don't don't if what I said was worded in the best way - they did everything they could to support their adult son and these men potentially did the unthinkable).

All JMO

Dated:Feb 05, 2016
Davis County authorities said things began when police spotted Chase Venstra, who was wanted on several outstanding warrants including for charges of domestic violence, assault and stalking.

Chief Bill Chilson of the Clinton Police Department says Venstra made statements indicating he wouldn't be coming out peacefully.

"He made the statement that he wouldn’t go back to jail. Under those circumstances we do what we have to do and we called out SWAT," he said.

Police say when SWAT entered the home they found guns, ammunition, and some grenades.

"He had buried himself under the insulation, and talk about being patient and not doing any heavy breathing, because the SWAT guys said you couldn’t hear a thing," Chilson said.
1657221520759.png
Police have said they searched all residential floors of the house before turning their attention upward. Even once officers entered the attic, they could not immediately see Venstra.

He was finally found under a layer of attic insulation, breathing quietly and holding very still, said Bill Chilson, Clinton Police chief.

VENSTRA, CHASE MONTGOMERY​

BOOKING DATE: Nov 19 2014​

CHARGE:
STALKING
ASSAULT
VIOLATION OF PROTECTIVE ORDER
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN THE PRESENCE OF A CHILD
INTERFERENCE WITH ARRESTING OFFICER – UTAH
Christian Vieyra-Alvarado, 26, of Park City, entered a no contest plea to assault, a Class B misdemeanor.

Last edited:
So CV was one of the people named as having DR as a hostage in the phone call from K (forgot his last initial) to the parents. Was the other person named as someone other than JB?
I wonder how many players are involved in this.
SBM. I think K might have suspected CV from the start and then he got his suspicion confirmed by a psychic, which of course wasn't reliable information.

Have there been any searches for Dylan anywhere along the route or at the place 200 miles away where Chase Venstra reportedly claimed he was when he gave his "alibi" statement to Dylan's mom & LE?

I was just looking on the official FB. Apparently CV was previously 100% cleared by LE after being seen on video 200 miles away (according to info from CC)
Here is the link, details in comments - don't want to break TOS lol
Official FB

So strange imo

Perhaps the saddest part of this newly released information, is that JB was considered a trusted neighbor and friend to DR family. He was the first to be summoned when DR family realized he was unaccounted for, the first to be asked to check in on him.

Unless JB had an accomplice-accessory after the fact-I don’t believe he has the physical capability of sequestering DR remains anywhere very far from the immediate area. JB does not seem physically fit or of the physical stature or age to entertain digging a deep hole etc. DR is either right there close or JB had help. MOO

Unless JB had an accomplice-accessory after the fact-I don’t believe he has the physical capability of sequestering DR remains anywhere very far from the immediate area. JB does not seem physically fit or of the physical stature or age to entertain digging a deep hole etc. DR is either right there close or JB had help. MOO

Oh I'm curious about his height - if the car seat was moved forward bc of a shorter person driving vs. moved forward to clean/retrieve something.
CV seems to be on the taller side based on a previous mugshot with a height chart (around 183cm or ~6ft)

Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back