Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was under the impression that CV was never cleared by LE, only by Dylan's parents. There's enough time between the last ping of Dylan's phone on his farm and CV being caught on camera 200 miles away to allow for travel.

Did anyone see pictures of Dylan and JB wearing the same hat? It's a gray John Deere hat from Dylan's missing posters. ETA: JB's pic with the hat is in the ABC video posted earlier.

Last edited:
I use VineLink for custody/booking details for each both state and federal arrests but they do not provide the physical stats of the inmate (Ht, Wt). YT program recently showed a screenshot of custody of JB that provided JB only about 5'2 at most.

Can OP please verify the mugshot known to OP is JAMES A. BRENNER, Age 58, December birthdate? Thank you.

JAMES A BRENNER​

Custody Record
Age58
GenderMale
RaceWhite

Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Dec **, ****
ID Number274***
Custody Status Date Jun 20, 2022 07:43 PM MDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Box Elder County Jail
Book Date Jun 20, 2022 07:40 PM MDT

The mugshot I saw was for CV, not JB. I don't think I can share it here because I can't find a MSM source but if you search his name + "mugshot" it's on YT and FB.

The mugshot I saw was for CV, not JB. I don't think I can share it here because I can't find a MSM source but if you search his name + "mugshot" it's on YT and FB.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood OP was referring to JB's mugshot and his height.

CV has been arrested multiple times and plenty of sources confirmed his stats-- no additional post necessary!

Still looking for confirmation on JB's height and if he'd need to adjust the seat of the Ford. Perhaps now that he's been officially named by BECS they will release his mugshot.

I was under the impression that CV was never cleared by LE, only by Dylan's parents. There's enough time between the last ping of Dylan's phone on his farm and CV being caught on camera 200 miles away to allow for travel.

Did anyone see pictures of Dylan and JB wearing the same hat? It's a gray John Deere hat from Dylan's missing posters. ETA: JB's pic with the hat is in the ABC video posted earlier.
Found it, I'm like 90% sure I can post it since it came from a MSM (abc4) site. Here goes.

1657253464524.png

The last ping - was it just a ping or a phone call? To whom? What about? Was Dylan fed up with Jim and wanted him booted off the land and that led to a fight that Dylan lost?
^^rsbm

The ping was just a ping, and the last phone call was at 6:51 AM on Saturday, 5/28.

Cellphone data was used to track his phone around his farm near Lucin. He made a phone call to a family member on May 28 at approximately 6:51 a.m. Mountain Time.

“We can confirm that phone call was made from the farm based off the cell data,” stated ECSO. “Dylan disappeared sometime after he made that phone call.”

Elko sheriff explains role in missing person investigation 6/9/22

I could be wrong but wasn't this encounter with CV about 10 miles from Montello? I believe CV was run out of Lucin many years ago.
This article could be wrong, wouldn't surprise me---but it said he was :
"walking along a road near Lucin when he approached Rounds for a ride."

The new person of interest, Venstra, is a man who authorities say asked Rounds for a ride just a few days before he disappeared. Authorities say Venstra was seen bloodied and barefoot while walking along a road near Lucin when he approached Rounds for a ride.

Rounds’ mother, Candice Cooley, recalls her son mentioning Venestra to her in a phone call saying, “He said ‘Mom, you wouldn’t believe this guy who jumped out of the desert. He was bloody, didn’t have any shoes on. He wanted a ride. I didn’t give him a ride.’”

View attachment 353289
Full disclaimer -- one would probably be out of place if not wearing a JD or IFA hat in those parts but that's downright creepy if the hat on JB's head has DR's DNA on it. :eek:
He may have given it to him as a gift at some stage?
As far as I recall, his mother stated that both D and JB were tall, around 5'11" in some of her interviews, do you remember which ones, at all?
In response to a q on a post, last night, Admin of official page stated JB was 5' approx.

That certainly sent me off in the wrong direction, maybe.
Not sure still.

Then there's the boots.
Why?
I can see them coming off if he was being dragged by his feet but why leave them where they were found?

Would JB have known the 4wd did not work? He worked for Dylan occasionally, he probably would have known?

I'm also curious about CV still.
lE have not cleared him afaik
His family cleared him but his mother explained that as being in the hands of LE, so not on their work list as LE would be conducting it.

I want to know who accompanied CV on his trip there, if anybody.

I want to understand the relationship between CV and JB, if one existed.

I want to know how a perpetrator did such a good job in covering his tracks if he was not a highly intelligent man.

I could well have missed a few paragraphs, I'm not sure?

He may have given it to him as a gift at some stage?
As far as I recall, his mother stated that both D and JB were tall, around 5'11" in some of her interviews, do you remember which ones, at all?
In response to a q on a post, last night, Admin of official page stated JB was 5' approx.

That certainly sent me off in the wrong direction, maybe.
Not sure still.

Then there's the boots.
Why?
I can see them coming off if he was being dragged by his feet but why leave them where they were found?

Would JB have known the 4wd did not work? He worked for Dylan occasionally, he probably would have known?

I'm also curious about CV still.
lE have not cleared him afaik
His family cleared him but his mother explained that as being in the hands of LE, so not on their work list as LE would be conducting it.

I want to know who accompanied CV on his trip there, if anybody.

I want to understand the relationship between CV and JB, if one existed.

I want to know how a perpetrator did such a good job in covering his tracks if he was not a highly intelligent man.

I could well have missed a few paragraphs, I'm not sure?
I'm wondering if the boots were tossed behind the dirt pile to be dealt with later. Then family showed up and it was too late to deal with then. Or JB was going to keep the boots, like the hat, and suddenly he realized he needed to do something with them quickly. JMO.

I'm wondering if the boots were tossed behind the dirt pile to be dealt with later. Then family showed up and it was too late to deal with then. Or JB was going to keep the boots, like the hat, and suddenly he realized he needed to do something with them quickly. JMO.
Could be. Did his mother not say they were not as wet as they should have been, or words to that effect in early interviews?
Maybe he brought them back to his camper, intending to keep them but then decided to hide them on the road he didn't expect to be searched, with the intention of retrieving them once the heat was off?
I wonder if his DNA will be found inside them?
He knew he had time...
That's if it was him, of course.
Speculating wildly, as always, here.

I have zero inkling about this man's nature or personality.

I do wonder how the townspeople regarded him, however, but I will not watch another amateur Tube video on the subject and that's a hill I'm happy to die on.

Could be. Did his mother not say they were not as wet as they should have been, or words to that effect in early interviews?
Maybe he brought them back to his camper, intending to keep them but then decided to hide them on the road he didn't expect to be searched, with the intention of retrieving them once the heat was off?
I wonder if his DNA will be found inside them?
He knew he had time.
That's if it was him, of course.
Speculating wildly, as always, here.

I have zero inkling about this man's nature or personality.

I do wonder how the townspeople regarded him, however, but I will not watch another amateur Tube video on the subject and that's a hill I'm happy to die on.
If indeed JB is ultimately charged and/or proven to be responsible for DR's disappearance and ultimate death, I wonder if it started as a confrontation or argument on that Saturday? Or was there some premeditation? I feel like there had to be some event/s that set everything in motion. This wasn't a random, first-time encounter, as JB had helped DR around the farm and was considered a "family friend" by all accounts.

What if JB's squatting was under threat? Perhaps Dylan had plans to expand his property and didn't want him there.
Not buying it because Dylan needed help from time to time and I don't have the impression that a lot is available.

Also, there are vast areas of unoccupied land where his presence would likely be, at least, tolerated if not welcomed with open arms.

But I think you could be right about a conflict of sorts for numerous other reasons.

If indeed JB is ultimately charged and/or proven to be responsible for DR's disappearance and ultimate death, I wonder if it started as a confrontation or argument on that Saturday? Or was there some premeditation? I feel like there had to be some event/s that set everything in motion. This wasn't a random, first-time encounter, as JB had helped DR around the farm and was considered a "family friend" by all accounts.
The latest post on the official fB appears to want to distinguish DH as the family friend whereas JB basically came with the property. We know that DH left his farm employment with DR amicably, and not sure how this affected JB -- whether it meant more or less opportunity for the unemployed squatter.

I believe the locked gate might have caused a confrontation here. JB was said to keep the key to the gate leading to the grain truck shelter as well as his own camper. If DR started out wanting to get his grain truck moved first thing Saturday morning but JB was gone until around 1 pm, I think that might cause DR to be upset enough to confront JB. I just hope JB decides to cooperate with investigators sooner than later. MOO

ETA: FB Admin confirmed JB had since given DR a key to the gate. I was recalling CC saying DR had previously cut the gate wire for access.

Last edited:
Not buying it because Dylan needed help from time to time and I don't have the impression that a lot is available.

Also, there are vast areas of unoccupied land where his presence would likely be, at least, tolerated if not welcomed with open arms.

But I think you could be right about a conflict of sorts for numerous other reasons.
JB's trailer was located close to the grain shed. I wonder if he used the shed for some purpose that could have been a subject of dispute.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back