UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6/16/22

Candace stated that several suspects have been identified and a few of them have been 100 percent cleared. Candace will be joining us next week to discuss updates and more details about the situation.

[..]

Candace wanted to make it clear that there are no official Go Fund Me or donation pages. Anyone trying to get you to donate is trying to scam you. The agencies are all donating time and equipment to help the search

Read More: Rigby Teenager Disappeared From Farm And Missing 3 Weeks | Rigby Teenager Disappeared From Farm And Missing 3 Weeks

Rigby Teenager Disappeared From Farm And Missing 3 Weeks
17 June 2022
SBBM

The investigation is now a criminal investigation not just a routine missing persons case. Authorities believe there has been foul play.
Has the BESO released a statement clarifying they believe foul play has been involved? I know they released one earlier calling it a "missing persons/criminal investigation" but I haven't seen any quotes from LE explicitly stating their belief foul play was involved, only that they are exploring it as a possibility. I wonder if this article is a misinterpretation of statements BESO gave to other media outlets last night, or if the article is referring to recent conversations they had with LE.

Box Elder County Chief Deputy Cade Palmer said volunteer teams have logged 300-plus hours of searching, covering more than 3,000 miles. Their detectives have spent 650 hours investigating the case, which is now considered a criminal investigation.

“If I could summarize this search, it would be difficult and exhausting,” Palmer said.

Palmer would not comment on the investigation but said they had not found anything new that would point them in the direction of where Rounds might be.

“That’s when things start looking like it’s not normal. There’s something else going on,” he said. “Whether you find evidence of a crime or not, he wasn’t in the area he was supposed to be in.”

Has the BESO released a statement clarifying they believe foul play has been involved? I know they released one earlier calling it a "missing persons/criminal investigation" but I haven't seen any quotes from LE explicitly stating their belief foul play was involved, only that they are exploring it as a possibility. I wonder if this article is a misinterpretation of statements BESO gave to other media outlets last night, or if the article is referring to recent conversations they had with LE.

Box Elder County Chief Deputy Cade Palmer said volunteer teams have logged 300-plus hours of searching, covering more than 3,000 miles. Their detectives have spent 650 hours investigating the case, which is now considered a criminal investigation.

RSBM
RSBM
From the link you posted above:

ETA : I assume this is a quote rather than a misinterpretation of the previously released statement.

is LE able to determine/query who else’s phone pinged off the same tower and in the same general location as Dylan’s phone on Saturday the 30th. Seems like in many cases LE is able to determine almost exactly where a phone pings (Vallow Daybell case) and the exact movements of POI Based on cell phone data. In this day and age it would appear almost everyone has their cell phone with them 24/7. It might help identify who all was in the vicinity of Dylan’s disappearance and how they might represent a puzzle piece.

is LE able to determine/query who else’s phone pinged off the same tower and in the same general location as Dylan’s phone on Saturday the 30th. Seems like in many cases LE is able to determine almost exactly where a phone pings (Vallow Daybell case) and the exact movements of POI Based on cell phone data. In this day and age it would appear almost everyone has their cell phone with them 24/7. It might help identify who all was in the vicinity of Dylan’s disappearance and how they might represent a puzzle piece.
They can go that if they obtain a geofence warrant.

Re: pings. Is there cell service on Dylan's farm? What about the road to Montello? If no, can LE get pings in areas with no service?

It seems carefully worded at this point. Calling it a criminal investigation and believing there was foul play but no where have I seen there is evidence of foul play. It is possible they don't want to tip off a suspect or get the family going after leads but I don't think they have much.

I still wonder if the boots are a clue from Dylan himself, if they threw him in the back of the pickup and he took them off and threw them out as a sign of help, telling someone he was alive when they took him. Or if they took the boots off when they threw him in the pickup so he couldn't run far if he escaped out of the truck bed. Its really nuts they have no answers at this point
moo

I'm home and going to work on the rest of the timeline but after reading here, I want to add my two cents
I don't believe the boots were staged or taken off at the site. From looking at the distance and the way they were sitting I think they were tossed there thinking no one would really find them out in the desert. Perhaps he or they saw the mound of dirt as they drove past and whipped them out the window. The rain has destroyed all the tracks.
With that said, I don't believe the perp is it all that intelligent. Competent LE and Trackers have come aboard. The clock is ticking.

Given his boot habits, IWT it would be easy to determine if he recently purchased another pair of boots. I think his Mom (who is amazing BTW), would have known or looked in to this already?

I think those boots were purposely placed as a specific message. Not to be too dramatic, but similar to the animal head in The Godfather. A warning, a message to all. Poor kid, he crossed a wrong path it would seem.

Amateur opinion and speculation
BBM. IIRC, his mother stated in an interview (perhaps with EIN) that he recently replaced the boots. IMO she would have recognized if the old pair was left behind. Even if he did have two pairs, why would he take both to the grain truck? To me it looks like the boots were either staged later, hidden or abandoned, but not thrown away from a vehicle or in a struggle.

If you know anything please contact authorities and if you would like to follow the search party there is an official Facebook page you can be part of. There is a $20 thousand dollar reward.

This story is getting national attention, you can find more details through podcasts and YouTube channels as well.

Is the reward for finding him or for information that leads him? Imo it should be for both. Anyone know for sure? Curious is all and I think they’d get more searchers out there if it was only available as a reward for finding him. Imo moo

Last edited:
Re: pings. Is there cell service on Dylan's farm? What about the road to Montello? If no, can LE get pings in areas with no service?
Pings occur when a cell phone connects to a tower, and we've heard that his phone last pinged near his farm, so there would have to be service there (even if it's spotty at times).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow