UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not looking good now. so much happened to late to get prints ( no one should have touched his truck) and a scent for the dogs to find him may be long gone. Its really sad, but it looks like its been botched. I still hope they can find his remains because it looks like that's where it at. also who is Kurt or kirk, why is he not a suspect?

Last edited:
Yes, it's been at the center of the investigation that serves to prove Dylan was where he was expected on Saturday 5/28.

Both the phone evidence and his grandmother support they talked by phone at 6:51 AM MT where the conversation was cut short by DR when he told her rain was on its way and he needed to go move the grain truck under shelter. Dylan's concern at the time was keeping the seeds in his grain truck dry. Wet seeds are ruined for planting.

According to LE, Dylan's last phone ping was later the same day at 3:41 pm near his property.
It doesn't sound like something a suicidal teen would be most concerned with. JMO

It's the question most frequently asked and answered by group admins on the official Facebook page.
This link contains some details of the terminated original search. They just did the 3 to 5 mile radius though missing people have been located beyond this radius in the past.

Forgive me if I've overlooked something but your links say "every vehicle was accounted for". It doesn't say the grain was searched.

I'm a fellow that wears the same boots almost everyday. I use my Peet boot dryer when my boots need it. The Peet can dry sopping wet leather boots overnight. Every self respecting boot wearer should have one. In the winter it is nice to slip your foot into a warm, dry boot. Of course I do have other shoes like tennis shoes and crocs but I put my Herman Survivor high top boots on every morning (Walmart $59.00). I live in fire ant territory.

I do not find it odd that Dylan would wear the same boots everyday.

I don't believe that Dylan would remove his boots to run faster. Like me, he probably has tender feet because we always wear our boots.

peet boot dryer - Google Search
BBM. Good point. Thanks for sharing.

''The Red Wheelbarrow​

BY WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS
so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens''

rbbm.
“Dylan’s been working on this farm, in Utah, his own farm on getting the ground torn out and getting prepared for his crop,” said Cooley. “This year was going to be his first crop. That farm was his whole life.”

“He was so excited when I talked to him Thursday,” Cooley recalled. “‘He said my grain’s growing and it’s coming up. I’m going to get a crop this year.’ (He was) just ecstatic, high on the world and (then) just vanished, not a trace.”

Cooley said they found at least three persons of interest on their own. Two were former employees of Rounds. She forwarded the names to the sheriff’s office.

Meanwhile, the family has a $20,000 reward for any information that can help solve where Dylan Rounds is. Call 208-604-3838 or 208-604-3839.''

Forgive me if I've overlooked something but your links say "every vehicle was accounted for". It doesn't say the grain was searched.
@kittythehare I've now been and looked where you said I should look and there is interesting information on there for sure plus confirmation about the grain being searched, so sorry for pressing you on the information.

June 14 2022
1655212549219.png

''ELKO COUNTY, NEVADA: The search for Dylan Rounds, who went missing while living in a remote area of northern Utah, is intensifying. Rounds, 19, relocated from Idaho to Lucin, Utah, to pursue his passion of being a farmer, according to his parents. He went missing after planting his crop, and his parents suspect foul play. He was last seen in person on May 26, 2022, at a pub in Montello, Nevada, about 30 miles west of his house.''

''Justin Rounds and I would like to thank everyone for the continuous support. We are very pleased that Equusearch has reached out and will be joining us tomorrow along with Search and Rescue K-9's of Idaho. This would not have been accomplished without the support of everyone. We would also like to thank Lynn Johnson for all the amazing flyers she has made without even knowing us. We will keep everyone updated as information from the next stage of the search continues. We will not give up and we will find Dylan please continue sharing everything. We also would like to once again remind everyone we are NOT asking for money, please DO NOT donate to any cause that says it goes to find Dylan, it is a scam and we have nothing to do with it.''

rbbm.

To end some speculation about where Dylan stayed when he spent the night in Movello,
in response to a question from a poster, CC, Dylan’s mom stated on the official page:

“The guy you are referring to is XXXXXXX and yes he did stay in his trailer by the bar at times.”

One of my first thoughts was did anyone check the grain in the truck. Maybe in a haste to protect his seed he climbed up there to fix something or to adjust a tarp to cover said seed. Well one thing totally pulls me away from that theory, the Grain truck didn't spit his boots out and if him getting stuck in the grain maybe going down like quick sand he couldn't have tossed his boots as far as they were found. At least I don't believe he could have. As for a 19 year old who all he does is work on his farm , well this case grabbed me my son is the same age born the same year. My son goes to work comes home he does not go off and party with friends , he does not date . Now he does play video games. But he too is not a typical 19 year old he is focused the same way Dylan is. These kids do exist my son decided college was not for him he said mom I want to work construction something hands on. My son has been working as an Electrician since 2019. I pray they find this young man although I don't think the outcome is gonna be to good. They should be interrogating those last 3 men that where around him prior to his disappearance. So sad nothing was processed for evidence. Well the truck all those men had a reason their DNA would be on it. This is another sad case.

June 14 2022
View attachment 349353

''ELKO COUNTY, NEVADA: The search for Dylan Rounds, who went missing while living in a remote area of northern Utah, is intensifying. Rounds, 19, relocated from Idaho to Lucin, Utah, to pursue his passion of being a farmer, according to his parents. He went missing after planting his crop, and his parents suspect foul play. He was last seen in person on May 26, 2022, at a pub in Montello, Nevada, about 30 miles west of his house.''

''Justin Rounds and I would like to thank everyone for the continuous support. We are very pleased that Equusearch has reached out and will be joining us tomorrow along with Search and Rescue K-9's of Idaho. This would not have been accomplished without the support of everyone. We would also like to thank Lynn Johnson for all the amazing flyers she has made without even knowing us. We will keep everyone updated as information from the next stage of the search continues. We will not give up and we will find Dylan please continue sharing everything. We also would like to once again remind everyone we are NOT asking for money, please DO NOT donate to any cause that says it goes to find Dylan, it is a scam and we have nothing to do with it.''

rbbm.
I really wish these reporters would get the basic facts right. His truck was found on the family property near his camper trailer. It was not found at the same place as the boots. The boots were found near the “shop” where the grain truck is stored. The “shop” is 5 miles from his homesite, on property owned by an LLC. Dylan Rounds Case Map

I really wish these reporters would get the basic facts right. His truck was found on the family property near his camper trailer. It was not found at the same place as the boots. The boots were found near the “shop” where the grain truck is stored. The “shop” is 5 miles from his homesite, on property owned by an LLC. Dylan Rounds Case Map
I completely lose patience with them too.
But it's Good people are noticing and the more that do in terms of resources become allocated to investigations

i think many reporters don't understand that there can be more than one truck on a farm (the "personal" pickup truck and the grain truck, for example) which causes the confusion in reporting.

My bad, the reason i provided that link was not for the information, but for the photos and the bit about Dylan's dedication to his crop (hence the accompanying poem)

Were the boots just thrown behind the dirt pile or set down like you would set them when you take them off?
I have not seen clarification of that. I might have heard 'chucked'.
If their position is consistent with being chucked from a moving vehicle it could open up a whole lot of possibilities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon